XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

95 xjs 2+2 ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 07:47 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 95 xjs 2+2 ?

Dear Mechanically Knowledgable Fellow Jag Owners- I have a question that I feel really dumb asking - I Honestly I feel like I should be able to find the answer to this question myself but have searched high & low & can find no pictures or diagrams to assist me as of yet! So here we go : in my trunk under my battery are some vaccum lines coming up through the floor - well one vaccum line is coming up through one hole with a gasket and the line is attached to nothing -nearby there is a similar 2nd hole also with a gasket but no line in or out (which in my logic means there was something coming or going through that hole at some point?) - there was also a small amount of oil in this area which I now have cleaned up but believe the oil is “normal” to have this occur here - is that vaccum line that isn’t attached to anything a breather that isn’t supposed to be connected else where? If so Should it be going back through 2nd hole to “breath” outside my trunk? If not what is it and should there be a 2nd line coming from or going to that other gasketed hole?

Thanks for any help you can offer I had pics of this attached in a previous post but can’t get them to attach again now.

Shannon

PS We are still not running ☹️ but it’s been so cold and I’m so broke I haven’t tried all the great suggestions I have gotten so far But getting ready to get to her and feel like at least figuring out what these vaccum lines are is my first step because it’s driving me batty Having such a basic a lack of knowledge! Thanks again -by the way - fuel pump cut off in passenger door is first thing I am going to try and new injectors comes next I think

Old 01-28-2019, 08:03 AM
Received 141 Likes on 113 Posts

That line is a vent tube for the battery. There should be a vent connection on you battery vent the battery gasses out of the car.