Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrScientist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo160K
DrScientist,
If you part that beautiful cat, I would like the driver and passenger seatbelt assemblies. The driver side retracting cable on my '89 is broken.

Thanks very much.

hi there. unfortunately i think i do have to part it out.
with regard to the seatbelts. i have not seen them work in this car. i believe the previous owner pulled the fuse when back, and i have only latched and unlatched the belt.

would you still want me to try to remove?

is it only the cable thats broken? if that's the case i can see if theyre there and not physically broken, but not sure if i can test mechanical function.

DrScientist,
Thank you for your reply. Only the driver side cable is broken, that I need for sure if yours is whole and functional. I would also like to have both the driver and passenger seat and chest belt assemblies for spares, including the tracks/rails motors, cables retracting reels..........everything. I realize you may not be able to test them, but if not, I will just have to take my chances.

What color are the belts? Do you know the last six digits of the VIN #?

Thank you, thank you very much, DrScientist

Old 07-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Terribly sorry mate

I hate hearing these stories... I am terribly sorry to hear!! I just came home with my first XJS last night.. It's a convertible and as pretty as can be..I had it placed on a lift and the bottom is as tidy as it's top..thankfully. This is one owner garage queen. Even this tidy ride has its issue..I cant get the top to go back up..and I live in seattle! I checked rechecked and rechecked the recheck and inspite of that I still have an issue now...I hope you find another one...these cars are seductive. CHEERS to ya!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dr. Scientist,

I still need those seat belt assemblies. Have you made a decision on parting it out? Thanks very much.