XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Cherry Blossom - Restoration 1990 XJS V12

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2024 | 10:33 AM
Veteran Member

OB,

I doubt it needs priming. I use a compressor-based one rather than electric, but the principle is the same.

Run the engine and warm up the oil. I also crack the oil filter seal.slightly just to be sure I'm going to be able to undo it. Careful, it will be hot.

Push the tube down the dipstick as far as it will go and away you go. Then let the oil filter cool and carefully extract from the top and you'll lose hardly any oil.

I've done lots of cars by extraction and compared the volume extracted to that by opening the sump plug. IME, you get similar results on most cars. It's also a cleaner way and avoids disturbing the sump plug. On AJ6 /16 engines there's a real risk of cracking the sump through over-tightening the plug, so it avoids that.

Good luck

Paul

The following 2 users liked this post by ptjs1:
Greg in France (08-07-2024), orangeblossom (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024 | 11:58 AM
|
Veteran Member

Hi Lnr

Has no one ever told you that we 'Never' read the Instructions! as if you don't instinctively know what to then it is probably better not to do it at all, although there's really nothing wrong, with getting a Second Opinion from someone who either knows what to do or who has done it before

Then it is perfectly possible, just to say 'Yup' I was thinking the same thing myself!

As this not only saves a loss of face, while maintaining your Credentials as a Self styled expert but also avoids the humiliation of clearly showing everyone you have no 'Commonsense'

Then Save your Tears for when you get back to your Bunker, where you can then Beat yourself up for overlooking the obvious!

The following users liked this post:
LnrB (08-07-2024)
Old 08-07-2024 | 12:10 PM
|
Veteran Member

Hi Paul (ptjs)

'Yup' I was thinking the same thing myself

'I really was!' as when I had the Wheel off, not that long ago and took a good look at the Sump Plug. I started to wonder just how easy it could probably be, to either Crack or Damage that Aluminum Sump

So I no doubt I had that thought in mind, when I went round the Home Store To-day and saw that Gadget sitting there, sending me a Subliminal Message to buy it!

And I almost think I will be glad I did!

Thanks for your help

The following 2 users liked this post by orangeblossom:
Greg in France (08-07-2024), ptjs1 (08-07-2024)
Old 08-16-2024 | 02:51 PM
|
Veteran Member

Repainting The Jaguar Lettering On The Cam Cover

Not very much to say about this except that I hadn't got any Jaguar Green and since I was only needing a very small amount, it really didn't seem worth Buying any, so instead I used a Touch Up Tube of Mercedes Almandine that was near enough the same Colour and just Painted it on with the Brush that came with the Tube

Although in other News, Yesterday I found another Brand New Pirelli P4000 that had never been on the road and then Another Two New Ones Today following a Tip Off from a Tyre Fitting Friend, so after Changing the Part Worn ones over for New ones, She now has Four Brand New Pirelli P4000 all round

These I was told had an Original OEM Price of £150/£180 for each Tyre and I got all Four for £100 plus an 'Ice Cold Coke' to my Tyre fitting friend who turned up in his Van to take them off the Rims and swap them over

Two of these were unused Spare Wheels, not sure what you call the Rims (no doubt someone will know) but as for now I'll call them 'Tear Drop Alloys' that are not a bad Substitute for Celebration Alloys and do in fact look a lot stronger and in some ways even a bit more Stylish

I would have been very tempted to put these on my Car but since I only had two of them, I decided to stay with the Celebration Alloys

I'm thinking the 'Tear Drop Alloys' may have come from an early XJ8 but I would only be guessing Paul (ptjs) would almost certainly know the Answer

Old 08-16-2024 | 03:28 PM
Veteran Member

OB,

Those are "Kiwi" Alloys, fitted on the late 1994 XJ40 Gold and an option on X300s

Quite a nice wheel imo.

Paul

orangeblossom (08-17-2024)
Old 08-17-2024 | 01:39 AM
|
Veteran Member

Hi Paul (ptjs)

Cheers!

I knew you would know the Answer and Yes! I agree that they are a nice looking Wheel and if I wasn't Selling this Car or if She didn't already have Celebration Wheels, then I would certainly consider putting them on

In fact I've got a Part Worn P4000 in the Garage, that is still on the Kiwi Rim, so I might do a Test fit on '50 Shades' My Grey XJS to see what it looks like, as it might look even better on a Dorchester Grey Car (Like '50 Shades')

Meanwhile back at 'Orange Blossom Towers' I'm surrounded by so many Pirelli P4000 that I might have to turn them into a Garden Table or something, as we've been swapping Tyres on Rims, so my Celebration XJS is fitted with all brand new Tyres

My New Tyre Fitting Guy is such an XJS enthusiast, that he was refusing to take any money for doing all these Tyre Swaps, so I gave him, the Cordless Impact Drill I'd just bought as for one thing he's helped find me Tyres as rare as 'Rocking Horse Teeth' that all seemed to have 'Rocked Up at once'

Including this little 'Gem'

Last edited by orangeblossom; 08-17-2024 at 01:40 AM.
Old 08-17-2024 | 07:01 AM
|
Veteran Member

Changing Wheels And Tyres All Over Again!
I've got myself sorted out now (I think!)

4 X New Pirelli P4000 to go on my XJS Celebration Convertible and the rest of the partly worn ones to go back on the rims, as I want to see if '50 Shades' my Grey XJS would look better with Lattice Alloys or Kiwi's

But Job Number One is to put all New Tyres on my Celebration Convertible before She goes for her first MOT

So many Wheels and Tyres to Choose from that the Garden resembles a 'Ninja Obstacle Course'

LnrB (08-17-2024)
Old 08-19-2024 | 06:18 PM
|
Veteran Member

I Can Never Resist A Bargain, So I didn't bother to try!
A Well known Homestore in the UK was Selling Power Washers for an incredible price and even better in my case, as I had saved enough Credits to get an extra 10% off
and I think I may have got lucky, as I managed to get the last one

I already had a Power Washer but the Motor had burnt out where because of that I convinced myself that I needed to buy this, as with the 10% discount it only cost £62 which was about half the price of the one I bought a few years ago

So having first read the Review, I felt compelled to buy it because I needed it to Wash ........er.....um.....

Ok well sometimes you don't need a reason at least not straight away, although I'm sure I'll think of one eventually!

Ah Yes! I remember why now, it would be very handy to Wash my XJS especially as it had a 'Snow Foam' Attachment which would come in very handy to Clean those Lattice Alloys, that are a bit of a 'Pain' to Clean at the best of times

And though I wasn't expecting much for the £62 that I paid, it was just so Powerful that it really Blew me away, although its also just the thing for mildly washing your Car, as you can turn the pressure right down until its just a Mist!

Perfect! just what I wanted but before I used it to Wash the Jag and Clean those Lattice Alloys, I thought it would be a good idea to Test it out on my Daily Driver 'The Merc'

Where although I've had that Car for Years, I have to Confess I've never Washed the Wheels, except for a 'lick and a promise' with a Sponge when Washing this Car and I don't even Wash her that often, as She is my Daily Driver and Work Horse, unlike of course my XJS that is my Pride and Joy

And always gets a thorough Wash and more often than not a Polish, every time I take her out, which has not been very often this Year as the Weather has been Sketchy all year long

The Wheels on the Merc were ground in with dirt, so this could be a Challenge for my new piece of Kit

So I gave them a quick Snow Foam and then left that to do its thing, while we put the Kettle on, for yet another Cup of Tea and Biscuits!

Then I got an Alloy Scouring Pad and dipped it in more Snow Foam and went round them by hand, which really only took a matter of minutes, then after that I gave the Wheels a Blast with the Power Washer and they all came up looking like New!

So having done the Test with the Merc, the Lattice Allows will be next on the List

Greg in France (08-20-2024), LnrB (08-22-2024)
Old 08-22-2024 | 05:46 PM
|
Veteran Member

Cheap Seat Covers!
I'll soon be taking my XJS Celebration Convertible for her MOT although I have been putting it off after an attack of Paranoia, that one of their Mechanics may decide to sit down on one of her immaculate Connolly Hide leather seats, in a pair of greasy overalls which has been a recurring Nightmare for some time

So today I had decided to get myself a pair of Front Seat Covers to put over them, as if any grease go into that hide then the seats could be ruined

I didn't want an expensive pair, as I can't see the point of covering up that wonderful Connolly Hide, which is all part and parcel of enjoying this wonderful Car, as basically all you need are some clean clothes

So I first had a look on Amazon where the cheapest ones I could find were about £10 although they had a lot of mixed reviews as to both the quality and fit and so instead I decided to have a look in my local Car Accessory Shop, so that I could see what I was buying

Paranoid about getting grease on those wonderful Connolly Seats when I took her for an MOT Test

I picked these up for £5 in my local Car Accessory Shop even though I wasn't keen on the Red Headrest Color but as I wasn't intending to keep them on after the MOT it didn't really bother me that much, even though they looked a bit 'Boy Racer'

But when I opened the packet, I was really in for a Shock! as not only was the Quality right up there with some of the Best I had seen but they also fitted like a glove and there were Two of them in the Packet! which works out at £2.50p each which was absolutely 'Crazy Cheap'

Crazy Cheap! and Great Quality at £2.50p each and quite possibly the Biggest Bargain I have ever found!

Greg in France (08-23-2024), LnrB (08-23-2024)
Old 08-23-2024 | 09:42 AM
Veteran Member

Cheap insurance, Alex, cheap insurance indeed!
(';')

orangeblossom (08-23-2024)
Old 08-23-2024 | 06:42 PM
|
Veteran Member

Hi Lnr

You are so right on that, just one Oil Stain on that Leather could knock hundreds of pounds off the Value, maybe even Thousands!

I don't have that problem with '50 Shades' my Grey XJS as the Leather seems a lot more durable and far less likely to stain, even though I always lay something on the Seats, or at least I used to! until I went back to the Store and bought the whole lot

Because according to the manager, the Company who sold them never really found a profit in them, hardly surprising really as they were made of very thick Nylon sort of material and are way too good for the small amount of money that they were selling them for

And so apart from my XJS I've also put them on the Seats of my Merc that is my daily driver and often used to Tow Trailers to the 'Dumpster' (Skip) and often resembles a Truck with all the Stuff that I put on the Seats

The only problem being that more often than not I come back from the 'Dumpster' with more Stuff that I intended to throw away and often have a bit of a Rummage around while I'm there, as I can't believe the sort of things that people throw away

I got a fully working Rangemaster Range Cooker in perfect Condition, that we use at home and I even found an (you better sit down for this one!) an Apple 11 Computer with all the Disc Drives and even the 'Green Screen' Monitor, that someone chucked in the Bin (What's wrong with all these People!)

Greg in France (08-24-2024), LnrB (08-24-2024)
Old 08-24-2024 | 09:53 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by orangeblossom
Hi Lnr... I can't believe the sort of things that people throw away

I got a fully working Rangemaster Range Cooker in perfect Condition, that we use at home and I even found an (you better sit down for this one!) an Apple 11 Computer with all the Disc Drives and even the 'Green Screen' Monitor, that someone chucked in the Bin (What's wrong with all these People!)
It's no wonder our landfills are overflowing!
We have trash pickup, even out here in the Stix, so there's no opportunity to paw through what others have ditched.
I'm SO glad, as husband (he's the pack rat) would constantly be dragging back "all this good stuff..."
(';')

The following 2 users liked this post by LnrB:
89 Jacobra (08-24-2024), orangeblossom (08-24-2024)
Old 08-28-2024 | 06:02 AM
|
Veteran Member

Recurring Nightmare Has Me Spooked!

Last Year I was having Major Problems with my XJS 4.0L Celebration Convertible, as everything that I could think of seemed to go wrong, as I was much more used to working on my XJS V12 that for me has proved to be an easier Car to work on, in almost every respect (ok its just me then!)

Like for instance removing and refurbing the IRS Cage, that looks a lot more difficult than it actually is, as even without the use of a Workshop Manual that I have never had, as its easy enough to take it apart and then put it back together, providing that you only want to replace the Calipers and Rotors

Having said that the 4.0L really has my head spinning, as finally getting her Started was a bit of a Nightmare, though not as much as it used to be, as with help from the Forum, I now have a much better idea of what you need to do

Until we get to the Brakes! that are connected to the Teves Mk111 Master Cylinder with the Triangular Reservoir, where having replaced all the Calipers as well as the Brake Pads, I then made the Fatal Mistake! of draining all the Brake Fluid out of the System, as I have done Countless Times on the Teves Mk11

That as I was about to find out was a Very Expensive one way Ticket to Hell, because to bleed the ABS and according to my MOT Guy you need a Special OBD Brake Bleeder, that excites the ABS while you are Bleeding it

Where after literally Weeks or should that be Months of trying to Bleed the ABS Brakes as I had been doing on my V12 that has the Teves Mk 111 I felt that I had to call it a day and hand my Car over to my MOT Guy, who unlike many other Shops, has got the very piece of equipment you need to do this job

So finally getting her Started and Running like a Bird, the Plan was then to Trailer this Car over to his Shop, to not only have the Brakes done but also to give her an MOT at the same time

Except of course when it arrived it wouldn't have had any Brakes, and would also have had to be Parked in his Yard while waiting for a Ramp to come free

At which point, I was having a 'What if!' moment!

As although I was intending to put a big Notice on the Screen to the effect that this Car had NO BRAKES! except for the Hand Brake!

What would happen if one of the Lads who work there from time to time, didn't tune in to that Message and just jumped in, Started her up, put her in gear! and then Slammed her into a Wall

Because it really takes a really Conscious effort (even for me) to remember the Handbrake is the Only Brake She's got!

The only problem being, that this could actually happen and write the Car off, where the Garage Insurance could with the best will in the World never bring her back to the Amazing unblemished Condition that She is in now

Where having though it over, I came to the Conclusion that I really didn't want to Risk it!

Not unless I absolutely have to

Where having done some research, I came across a Guy, who manage to Bleed the Teves Mk111 using a Pressure Bleeder, which looked a bit more upmarket than one of those that works by using Pressure from a Tire

And while I'm sure that one of these could probably do the Job, since I would be doing this on my own, I decided to get the same Pressure Bleeder, as this guy was using, that would hopefully put the odds in my favor

Working on the Theory, that if it managed to Work for him then it might Work for me

So I ordered one from Amazon, that should be arriving sometime today, although if it doesn't arrive until late, then I'll give it a try Tomorrow, as it was only £22 which was literally peanuts compared to what I've already been Spending

So if anyone's ever used one of these, any help and advice would be gratefully received before I start

Greg in France (08-28-2024)
Old 08-29-2024 | 11:53 PM
Elm

Originally Posted by orangeblossom
Recurring Nightmare Has Me Spooked!

Last Year I was having Major Problems with my XJS 4.0L Celebration Convertible, as everything that I could think of seemed to go wrong, as I was much more used to working on my XJS V12 that for me has proved to be an easier Car to work on, in almost every respect (ok its just me then!)

Like for instance removing and refurbing the IRS Cage, that looks a lot more difficult than it actually is, as even without the use of a Workshop Manual that I have never had, as its easy enough to take it apart and then put it back together, providing that you only want to replace the Calipers and Rotors

Having said that the 4.0L really has my head spinning, as finally getting her Started was a bit of a Nightmare, though not as much as it used to be, as with help from the Forum, I now have a much better idea of what you need to do

Until we get to the Brakes! that are connected to the Teves Mk111 Master Cylinder with the Triangular Reservoir, where having replaced all the Calipers as well as the Brake Pads, I then made the Fatal Mistake! of draining all the Brake Fluid out of the System, as I have done Countless Times on the Teves Mk11

That as I was about to find out was a Very Expensive one way Ticket to Hell, because to bleed the ABS and according to my MOT Guy you need a Special OBD Brake Bleeder, that excites the ABS while you are Bleeding it

Where after literally Weeks or should that be Months of trying to Bleed the ABS Brakes as I had been doing on my V12 that has the Teves Mk 111 I felt that I had to call it a day and hand my Car over to my MOT Guy, who unlike many other Shops, has got the very piece of equipment you need to do this job

So finally getting her Started and Running like a Bird, the Plan was then to Trailer this Car over to his Shop, to not only have the Brakes done but also to give her an MOT at the same time

Except of course when it arrived it wouldn't have had any Brakes, and would also have had to be Parked in his Yard while waiting for a Ramp to come free

At which point, I was having a 'What if!' moment!

As although I was intending to put a big Notice on the Screen to the effect that this Car had NO BRAKES! except for the Hand Brake!

What would happen if one of the Lads who work there from time to time, didn't tune in to that Message and just jumped in, Started her up, put her in gear! and then Slammed her into a Wall

Because it really takes a really Conscious effort (even for me) to remember the Handbrake is the Only Brake She's got!

The only problem being, that this could actually happen and write the Car off, where the Garage Insurance could with the best will in the World never bring her back to the Amazing unblemished Condition that She is in now

Where having though it over, I came to the Conclusion that I really didn't want to Risk it!

Not unless I absolutely have to

Where having done some research, I came across a Guy, who manage to Bleed the Teves Mk111 using a Pressure Bleeder, which looked a bit more upmarket than one of those that works by using Pressure from a Tire

And while I'm sure that one of these could probably do the Job, since I would be doing this on my own, I decided to get the same Pressure Bleeder, as this guy was using, that would hopefully put the odds in my favor

Working on the Theory, that if it managed to Work for him then it might Work for me

So I ordered one from Amazon, that should be arriving sometime today, although if it doesn't arrive until late, then I'll give it a try Tomorrow, as it was only £22 which was literally peanuts compared to what I've already been Spending

So if anyone's ever used one of these, any help and advice would be gratefully received before I start

Yes. I used this same unit. I had trouble initially getting anything into the catch bottle. I then realised there was no breather so nowhere for the displaced air to go. Punched a hole in the top of the catch bottle. All good. The 90deg rubber bleed nipple attachment is poor quality and too small to connect properly. I just removed it and its adapter and connected the tube directly to the nipple.

The following 2 users liked this post by Elm:
Greg in France (08-30-2024), orangeblossom (08-30-2024)
Old 08-30-2024 | 03:57 AM
|
Veteran Member

Hi Elm

That's very useful to know and Amazon delivered it well ahead of when I was expecting

But now I'm down with the 'dreaded lurgy' the worst Cough and Cold and Sore Throat, that I've ever had in my life, so I think I'll be out of the game for a good few days

But Thanks anyway for your help!

Old 08-30-2024 | 05:19 AM
Veteran Member

Alex
let us know how it works. I have Fosseway remote speed bleeders on the rear, but I am considering a pair of these for the fronts:
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/eu/good...leeder-243452/

Anyone have anyy experience? Also, does anyone know the thread size of the front nipples?

Old 08-30-2024 | 05:55 AM
Veteran Member

Greg,

I use a variant of this on most cars (not the Teves II on my 4.0 XJS). It works quite well. As always, you have to be a bit careful with the rubber boot fitting on the bleed nipple, otherwise you can get confused by the tiny air bubbles making you think that you are still pulling air from the system.

DAYUAN Vacuum Pump Kit, 1L Brake & Clutch Bleeder, Pneumatic Fluid Bottle, for Car, with 4 Adapters, Easy to Control : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive DAYUAN Vacuum Pump Kit, 1L Brake & Clutch Bleeder, Pneumatic Fluid Bottle, for Car, with 4 Adapters, Easy to Control : Amazon.co.uk: Automotive

Paul

The following 2 users liked this post by ptjs1:
Greg in France (08-30-2024), orangeblossom (09-07-2024)
Old 09-07-2024 | 05:24 PM
|
Veteran Member

Brake Pressure Bleeder Arrived Last Week!

But Having Been Laid Up In Bed With A Cough And An Epic Sore Throat

I Have Been Feeling So 'Out of the Game' I Never Even Got Around To Opening The Box!

Until That Is Today!
Having Been Totally 'Out Of The Game' with a Cough and an Epic Sore Throat, I never even got around to opening the Box containing the Brake Pressure Bleeder, that I got from Amazon £22 quid! (ish!)

(Love, Love. Love, those Guys!)

Though Today with the Sun Streaming out of an 'Azure Blue Sky' (UK Speak for whad'ya know, I can't believe its stopped Raining!) I thought I would give it a go

What is in the Box?

Yeah!
Well lots of 'Bits and Pieces' as well as an Instruction Book that seems a longer read than 'War and Peace' in all sorts of Languages from all Sorts of Places that I have never been to or ever want to go, though if you can Fix an XJS then this should be a 'Breeze' to put together! and it was! so no instructions needed after all!

Having read some mixed reviews, I wasn't sure if this would do the Job, although I have to say the quality was just so good that it really 'Blew me Away!'

Although before I Filled her up with Dot4 Brake Fluid, I thought I would do a dry run, that for one thing was to try and ensure that the Cap would fit on the Reservoir!
Yes it did! it was a perfect fit!

But I also Followed a Forum Suggestion to drill a Hole in the 'Catch Bottle' Lid to let all the Air out as the used Brake Fluid flows out of the Bleed Nipple

At which point 'Sod's Law' took over, as I had to Abandon Ship and Cook our Lunch! which would have been fine except for the fact that my Super Duper Range Cooker that I got off the 'Dumpster' a few years ago, decided that today of all days, it didn't want to Work (a bit like me!)

But that's when the Training 'Kicked In'

Don't Try This At Home!

If you can Fix an XJS you can also Cook a Leg of Lamb without an Oven!

So what better way of doing this that using a Gas Space Heater (not a diesel one as you might get poisoned!) instead of simply Burning the House down!

Lots of ways I'm Suspecting 'But Needs Must When The Devil Rides!'

Surprisingly almost Perfect!
How will these 'Celebrity Chefs' Sleep at Night after seeing this!

Do You want Flies with that?

Next Job, Fix the Cooker and then get back to Bleeding the Brakes to see if it works!

Last edited by orangeblossom; 09-07-2024 at 05:29 PM.
Greg in France (09-08-2024)
Old 09-14-2024 | 06:48 PM
|
Veteran Member

Under Pressure!

Bleeding The Brakes With My New Pressure Bleeder

After a Three Week Layoff for both myself and my XJS while I was recovering from the Cough and Cold Virus that has been going around, you couldn't get a more perfect day to try out my New Pressure Bleeder that I got from Amazon for only £22

Unexpectedly one of the Hottest Days at this end of the Summer and maybe more importantly not a Breath of Wind, as I didn't want the Bonnet/Hood of my XJS 4.0L to come unlatched and then come Crashing down, especially when Brake Fluid is involved!

I had heard a lot of Mixed Reviews about these Gadgets including those that say they are no good but as far as I was concerned the Quality of this Product far exceeded all my expectations and worked absolutely perfect when doing the Job of Bleeding the Brakes

You also get Two different Caps to Screw onto the Reservoir, that also has a Quick Release Air Line Coupling for the Pressurized Brake Fluid that goes to the Reservoir from the Brake Fluid Container that comes with a Pump that you Screw onto the Reservoir in place of the OEM Cap and that turned out to be a Perfect Fit!

As for the Quick Release Coupling, the Quality of this was 'Off the Chain!' that overall was nothing less than a really Top Quality piece of Kit, so take it for 'red' that even before I got around to using it, I was feeling Well Pleased

Where the only gripe I had was that the Tube connected to the Screw Cap of the Collection Bottle that you Connect to the Caliper, was only Connected to its Screw Cap Lid and didn't dip down into the Brake Fluid, where because of that it was possible for Air to be drawn back into the Caliper

This was a Simple 'Mod' to do but since the Brake Fluid was being forced through the Caliper under Pressure, perhaps it wasn't needed as much as I was thinking that it was but no harm in doing that 'Mod' anyway to just be on the safe side of getting it right

Setting the whole thing up was very simple and literally only took a Few Minutes to do and so the Instruction Book was never really needed! as in practice you don't need to Pump Up the Air Pressure that much, as you can always give it a Few extra Pumps if you need to

Rather than Risk having the Reservoir suddenly come detached from the Master Cylinder or maybe even Blowing the Cap off the Reservoir, that in either case could have Brake Fluid Spraying everywhere all over your Paintwork and so I only gave it a Couple of Dozen Pumps

Taking the Pressure Gauge Needle about 1/4 of an inch up into the 'Blue Zone' as it is easy enough to adjust 'On the Fly' if you need to

The Question being did it do the Job? and where the only Answer I can really give is Yes and No!

In some ways it worked perfect! and gave me a Rock Hard Pedal in no time at all

Where this was looking promising, up until the moment I Started the Engine! at which point the Pedal sank right to the Floor! which was not the fault of the Gadget but of Air Trapped in the ABS that needs a Special OBD Machine to get the Air Out

So it looks as if I'll be getting my MOT guy to collect her on his Transporter, as he has all the equipment that is needed to do this job, although for Bleeding Normal Brakes without ABS, then I think that this Gadget would work well

Overall a nice piece of Kit, though it couldn't manage to Bleed the Trapped Air out of the ABS

Greg in France (09-15-2024)
Old 09-30-2024 | 03:22 PM
|
Veteran Member

In Need Of Some Retail Therapy

So Decided To Spend A Small Fortune On A Plastic Pipe Cutter

Having decided to replace the Injector Hoses in the Spring, I thought that I ought to get 'Tooled Up' and decided to Spend a Small Fortune on a Plastic Pipe Cutter as well as something I had never heard of and can't even show you a photo as I left it in the Garage, although I believe its called a Swedish Pipe Wrench?

That sort of looks like a Pair of Self Locking Stillsons 'Haven't had a chance to try those out yet' as being in the UK, of course it started to rain, although I did try out the Pipe Cutter and it is very truly an Amazing Piece of Kit, that works on a ratchet and requires no effort to use

But once again I was caught in the rain, so had to Film it indoors and so although its not a great Video, at least it will show you how it works, though I was a little bit nervous that the piece that I cut off was going to smash the Screen of my TV! although that didn't happen and so I am still in the game

The following 3 users liked this post by orangeblossom:
Greg in France (10-01-2024), LnrB (10-10-2024), ptjs1 (09-30-2024)

Quick Reply: Cherry Blossom - Restoration 1990 XJS V12