XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Fuel injectors not opening

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 07:30 PM
Received 10,483 Likes on 6,922 Posts

That pin out would be the best list at this stage. It is what I use when rewiring these engines after an engine fire.

The fact you have no injector activity when opening the TPS with teh Ign ON and Engine OFF, still points me to the TPS.

A failing TPS can give the dying sequence you are siggesting.

Look at that pin out, there are a pair of wires from the CTS and the ATS (Air Temp Sensor) that go via the TPS back to the ECU, and where they are spliced is a huge failure point, as age takes over, and us humans fiddle more with the old wires.

That coax is simple, as stated above. A single wire to the thin centre core is OK, or a length of Television Coax is also just fine. I usually fit a new section all the way to the grommet at the rear of the engine bay on the RH side, just near the locking mechanism. That way you know the old and crusty stuff in the engine bay is gone.

The fact you were driving it, and it died, is a tad simpler then the OB car that sat for eons.

You have fuel pressuyre at the injectors, you have spark at the spark plugs, well done. Get some Ether (starting fluid), and gove a SHORT spray into each air cleaner snout, start the engine, this confirms the spark is getting through the spark plugs, stranger things have happened.

The following users liked this post:
orangeblossom (02-15-2017)