XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Help. I need an inside picture of an ECU D-Jetronic Computer 3CU

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2019, 11:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by icsamerica
If you're close try an FMU. It can lower your fuel pressure at low load and raise the fuel pressure at higher load.

There are many types and they typically are used in turbo applications but also work NA
https://www.maxgms.com/products/mode...sure-regulator
So I purchased a FMU. Where do you think I should put it in line? I have an adjustable 1:1 fuel pressure unit on the back side of the fuel rail lines. In vacuum mode, it pulls the fuel pressure down (it opens the flow up so less restriction = less pressure). I need a bit more to be pulled. On forced air cars, they put the FMU after the adjustable 1:1 unit. So, as boost increases, it restricts the return line more, increasing pressure on the inline.

But, hmmm, come to think about it, I don't think this will work for my application. The main 1:1 regulator opens up (vacuum), allowing more fuel to return to the tank (lowering the front side pressure). Putting another regulator after the first won't do anything, it will just allow unpressurized fuel to return. It has no affect because the return fuel has no pressure... crap. But, on boost, it restricts, making higher pressure. I need the opposite. I wasted money...

I wonder if I put two 1:1 regulators in parallel. So the pressure side main hose gets split before the 2 regulators. Then after the 2 regulators, the fuel joins together and returns to the tank. Each regulator would have to be adjusted similar. As long as the fuel rails see my 38#. When vacuum hits, I have twice the amount of fuel drop because I have two regulators removing fuel restriction, lowering fuel pressure.

Does this make sense, any thoughts? And no, I don't have enough money to put another stand alone ECU in...