XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Im looking for a reliable parts supplier

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had excellent parts comes from Paul's Jaguar. Thanks for the info on other suppliers, I need more than one.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,562 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Well here's a good lesson for finding parts.

I am replacing many pieces in my 96 XJS front suspension.

I ordered 4 sets of parts, and I needed to order from four different sources to get the best deal on the specific parts I wanted. I was trying to avoid cheap aftermarket parts. (I did purchase several quality aftermarket parts, but I had to make sure I knew exactly who manufactured the aftermarkets)

1. Control Arm Bushings - OEM - ordered from Jagbits (WOW! Received it a day later. Their prices INCLUDE FedEx Overnight delivery!!!)

2. Upper Ball Joints - Lemforder - ordered from eBay

3. Lower Ball Joints - Lemforder - Terry's Jaguar - Came two days later! No issues with matching the make with the part!!!

4. Outer Tie Rod Ends - Lemforder - SNG Barratt - apparently the parts I ordered are not in stock. They don't volunteer that information, so it'll likely be a 3 week process before I received the tie rod ends... Unfortunately no one else sells Lemforder tie rod ends. Either mystery aftermarket part or OEM at three to four times the prices...

No one vendor had all four parts that I wanted. It takes a bit of work, but you need to make sure that you get the right parts when ordering. They will all claim "we've sold this part for x years without a single complaint", but reading up with this forum will tell you different!

Last edited by Vee; 11-14-2012 at 07:33 AM.
The following users liked this post:
06TimXJS (11-12-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,871 Likes on 7,150 Posts

Good choice going with Lemforder, IMHO. High grade stuff.

I agree with the rest of your remarks as well and, yes, always ask what brand is being sold. Many suppliers offer "brand-x" as well as higher grade choices....which you usually have to ask for specifically.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 723 Likes on 556 Posts

I find alot of what I need on"'auto parts world" or "Auto parts warehouse" they will list "choices" in parts and price before you order so you can comparison shop and tell weather it's "exact fit" "OE" etc. I can't deal with "Paul" or his demeanor on the phone...nuff said by me on that. Fasterjags...bought a growler and banjo upgrade and realize it's a side buisness...pre call and arrange before you order. Welsh, CW, JagBit's. XK all seem $$$ for similar parts available at other places. I order ALOT from E-bay via UK suppliers and save a ton...most would be surprised by the lower cost and shipping from the UK. Look up your part on ebay then check the lower listings from international sellers...if they are there they accept your money and ship to you for the stated price...saved 1/2 on electronic ignition for my TR-6 recently. Recently bought a new OE Jaguar upper timing chain tensioner for the X300 from Autopartswarehouse for $100 w/free shipping...ordered on Saturday afternoon...on the doorstep this Tuesday AM. Any of the normal sources were $108 and up plus ship/handling and too much time in shipping....also just got a rear hub bearing kit for my XJS from BPNW (britishpartsnorthwest) for $47 when all the other BIG jaguar houses wanted 67 to 75 for the same part. Lastly I got a speedo drive for the same XJS from LBCC (little British car company) for a song from what the big guy's wanted...SHOP AROUND, IT's FREE to do!

06TimXJS (02-23-2013)
Old 12-14-2012, 07:02 AM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,562 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by Vee

1. Control Arm Bushings - OEM - ordered from Jagbits (WOW! Received it a day later. Their prices INCLUDE FedEx Overnight delivery!!!)

2. Upper Ball Joints - Lemforder - ordered from eBay

3. Lower Ball Joints - Lemforder - Terry's Jaguar - Came two days later! No issues with matching the make with the part!!!

4. Outer Tie Rod Ends - Lemforder - SNG Barratt - apparently the parts I ordered are not in stock. They don't volunteer that information, so it'll likely be a 3 week process before I received the tie rod ends... Unfortunately no one else sells Lemforder tie rod ends. Either mystery aftermarket part or OEM at three to four times the prices...
Well I got all the parts in and I'll be honest with you, it's not a hard job. It's time consuming for sure, but not a complicated job at all. I now have a much better understanding of the front suspension on these cars, and how they work, including how to adjust camber, caster and toe. After I was done, I took the car in for a 4 wheel alignment, and the camber was way off. Knowing how to fix it, I did it myself, and the shop retweaked the alignment for me after I brought it back a day later.

Anyways, I did want to say that I feel that the parts I ordered were definitely good quality, however, I don't know that waiting for the Lemforder tie rod was worth it. I think I could have used the Moog part and had been just as happy. I would definitely stick to the Lemforder ball joints, and since I used the OEM bushings, I don't know what aftermarket offers there.

Upper bushings -> find the OEM rubber.
Upper & Lower Ball Joints -> Lemforder is the way to go
Outer Tie Rod -> Moog should suffice, Lemforder was hard to find and a long wait to receive

Old 05-30-2014, 06:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jetlag700
I've never bought XJ-S parts from Jag-Bits, but for sure you want to stay away from FasterJags in Dallas Texas. I had ordered an after market radiator from him and he took my money, and after many months I had to call the Dallas Police because Brian Welker-the owner of this company refused to answer any of my emails or phone calls. So I called the Dallas Police and got them involved. And the policeman I spoke to had been over to Brian's place the year before for the same thing, items not sent, but money taken. This cop wanted very much to pursue criminal charges against this Welker since he had been there twice for the same thing. When FasterJags wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls for months I invented a fake name and email, and pretended to want fans, and he answered this email right away, then I told Brian that the fake person he was just corresponding with was actually ME, and that he'd better send my radiator or I was calling the cops again! The cop even left him a business card, and Brian refused to call the cop. I don't know how many times this happened to other people, but twice in one year is two too many. So DO NOT send money to FasterJags for anything, if you order from him, make it cash on delivery.
And for some of you who might be thinking I am trying to ruin the "good reputation" of a good man, think again, call the Dallas Better Business Bureau before you accuse me in your hearts of slander!
How many of you would wait FOUR months for a radiator? Or anything for that matter?
Anyways, if I run across a good parts supplier I will let you know, as I am looking right now for a euro headlight for my '88 XJ-S.
Faster Jags / V12 Performance (Brian Welker) - Avoid this seller!! He has stolen the money from multiple Jag owners. I ordered the intakes and he took my money. Here is a link to other owners he has scammed:

Ripoff Report | V12 Performance Complaint Review Dallas, Texas: 996771

Old 05-30-2014, 08:15 PM
Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

I personally like and use Jaguar Parts | Land Rover & Range Rover Parts | British Parts UK or British Parts International
both I have found to have excellent service and best prices.
If looking for larger things Ebay or Gumtree of course.

Old 06-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 528 Likes on 275 Posts

If you would like to receive a free XJS parts catalogue please drop me an email with your name/address details. No matter where you buy your parts from it will undoubtedly be a useful tool.

Regards

William@SngBarratt.Com

Old 06-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi all i have always used norman motors in mill hill. they have being doing jaguar parts for as long as i can remember and are very helpful too.

Old 06-06-2014, 03:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blackxjsv12
Faster Jags / V12 Performance (Brian Welker) - Avoid this seller!! He has stolen the money from multiple Jag owners. I ordered the intakes and he took my money. Here is a link to other owners he has scammed:

Ripoff Report | V12 Performance Complaint Review Dallas, Texas: 996771
UPDATE - Beware! He will open an electronic tracking number online, but NOT drop off the actual goods for shipment. I had to go through Paypal to get my money back.
He lied to Paypal by giving them another tracking number of a package that was delivered. Brian Welker is a scum bag, avoid him at all costs.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by jetlag700
I've never bought XJ-S parts from Jag-Bits, but for sure you want to stay away from FasterJags in Dallas Texas. I had ordered an after market radiator from him and he took my money, and after many months I had to call the Dallas Police because Brian Welker-the owner of this company refused to answer any of my emails or phone calls. So I called the Dallas Police and got them involved. And the policeman I spoke to had been over to Brian's place the year before for the same thing, items not sent, but money taken. This cop wanted very much to pursue criminal charges against this Welker since he had been there twice for the same thing. When FasterJags wouldn't answer my emails or phone calls for months I invented a fake name and email, and pretended to want fans, and he answered this email right away, then I told Brian that the fake person he was just corresponding with was actually ME, and that he'd better send my radiator or I was calling the cops again! The cop even left him a business card, and Brian refused to call the cop. I don't know how many times this happened to other people, but twice in one year is two too many. So DO NOT send money to FasterJags for anything, if you order from him, make it cash on delivery.
And for some of you who might be thinking I am trying to ruin the "good reputation" of a good man, think again, call the Dallas Better Business Bureau before you accuse me in your hearts of slander!
How many of you would wait FOUR months for a radiator? Or anything for that matter?
Anyways, if I run across a good parts supplier I will let you know, as I am looking right now for a euro headlight for my '88 XJ-S.
terrible company faster jags V12performance

Old 06-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Default Brian Welker {thief}

UPDATE - Beware! He will open an electronic tracking number online, but NOT drop off the actual goods for shipment. I had to go through Paypal to get my money back.
He lied to Paypal by giving them another tracking number of a package that was delivered. Brian Welker is a scum bag, avoid him at all costs.
i would love to take a trip to Dallas and pay this SOB a visit. the guy takes your money and spends it on whatever and you don't get your parts. I had my bank reverse the credit charge. All he had to do was communicate. I filed a complaint the BBB as many others have also done.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:53 PM
Default Brian internet thief Welker

yep i too was robbed of $409.03 for a growler. He is so eager to please when your ordering and then.................nothing.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:54 PM

so anyone have another supplier for intakes or is a make your own kind of thing.

Old 06-22-2015, 06:55 PM

I was going to buy his radiator. not now no way

Old 06-23-2015, 08:35 AM
Received 107 Likes on 88 Posts

Its a shame that it always takes someone's misfortune to warn us about a dodgy dealer out there, hope you can get a refund through the Paypal system, its actually saved my bacon more than on one occasion.
Growlers can be easily fabbed, a super cheap way to achieve the same result is simply remove the cones from the front of air filters just need to weld some wires in to keep the shape and relocate the oxy temp sensor. refer pic.
If your Radiator is clean and your thermostats are the correct ones, and operational there should be no need for an upgrade, but twin thermo fans are a big plus. If that part of the cooling system is all good and your still getting hot you need to look elsewhere a new thread would help. You can research a lot of these things here on this site, do a search and be prepared for a lot of reading, this may save you big bucks in parts probably not needed and a little diy.

Old 10-22-2015, 06:05 AM
Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts

Just an update on Brian Welker.

Filing a complaint with the Dallas TX BBB, I found that he has changed the name of his company to:

One Stop Source for Jaguar XJS

Old 10-22-2015, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 366 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by douglasXJS
I was going to buy his radiator. not now no way
I had three pin holes in my radiator 1.5 gallons / 4.4 miles....

SIMPLE... you can buy the radiator form the company he pays to send it directly to you

he buys them from Wizard cooling

Oh I have one installed in my car they are great at Wizard cooling and emailed them pictures they wanted to use on their web site...
scott@wizardcooling.com

buying directly from them will save you money...
BRITISH - Jaguar - Wizard Cooling

mine bolted right in even being thicker... it still was just a bolt in... I do wish the sensor hole was lower down so I could use it with the stock electric fan make is so you have to use the plug and not a sensor...

I used the stock fans...

ask them to move it down... they build to order...

Attached Thumbnails Im looking for a reliable parts supplier-img_1141%5B1%5D.jpg   Im looking for a reliable parts supplier-img_1145%5B1%5D.jpg   Im looking for a reliable parts supplier-img_1148.jpg  

Last edited by Jonathan-W; 10-22-2015 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:17 AM
Received 161 Likes on 91 Posts

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Gary at Jagbits. He has been fantastic at supplying parts on short notice while my cat has been up on the lift servicing the suspension and brakes.

I've also had great service from Rick at Terry's Jag

As a note: Paypal came through and I got a refund from Brian at FasterJags.

Old 03-26-2016, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member
Received 638 Likes on 405 Posts

For good used parts try everydayxj.com. I've ordered several things from him with good results. Honest and fast.

Jon

davidboger (04-07-2016)