XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Impossible to find EDIS module?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2021, 01:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impossible to find EDIS module?

Morning,

To convert my xjs to distributorless ignition i am looking for the edis 6 modules. However it seems i can't find them to save my life? Location doesn't matter as long there is world wide shipping as I reside in the Netherlands.

The coil packs are a dime a dozen but the modules seem to be rare, are there any other modules that work? I've heard about coil packs with integrated edis?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jeff

Old 02-27-2021, 02:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,184 Likes on 2,101 Posts

Most 6 cylinder Fords from about 1991-97 should have them. Did you ever get a Ford Ranger in Europe? Not sure if a V6 Granada or Scorpio had them. As long as it says EDIS 6 on it, it will work.

Ford coils were always "dumb" they were just coils, with no processing inside them. Depending on the model, in the late 90's is when the EDIS functions were integrated into the main ECU, rather than as a separate module. I think you need to use the Ford module, it is the easiest one to use.

If you can't find anything in Europe, I can grab one for you from the junkyard the next time I'm there. Not sure what postage from Canada to the Netherlands would be, but hopefully not too bad.

If you're in a hurry, Rockauto ships worldwide. This is what you want:https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...sn=547&jsn=547
I have a discount code for Rockauto, at checkout enter 164064730123292460 in the "how did you hear about us" box to get 5% off. Every little helps...

The following users liked this post:
ronbros (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 02:32 AM

@Jagboi64

In the eu it seems only the scorpio was available so there is not much available.

I am not in a rush at all (i can pickup my xjs mid april).
The place you mentioned seems to provide new units, is there any reason one would pick new over salvaged? As i understood they're quite resiliant modules.

Jeff

Old 02-27-2021, 02:34 AM
Veteran Member

I've never heard of one failing, so I'd have no problem using a used one vs new.

Old 02-27-2021, 06:15 AM

@Jagboi64
I would love to take you up on your offer as I'm in no rush. Is there any way we could stay in touch?

While we are at it may i ask your opinion on another topic?
Im planning to clear up the engine bay and clear it from most lines and pipes. Taking out the stock efi and ignition system.

The plan is to replace it by two holley sniper efi systems, 1 per bank (these will also control the edis). And i would like to make a new manifold in the valley now there is more space available without distributor and throttle plate. this will also create more space for future developments.

Do you know if the ac pump can be relocated elsewhere? Perhaps people that have done so?

Your help is much appreciated.

Jeff

Old 02-27-2021, 04:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Edis modules

Originally Posted by Twigz
Morning,

To convert my xjs to distributorless ignition i am looking for the edis 6 modules. However it seems i can't find them to save my life? Location doesn't matter as long there is world wide shipping as I reside in the Netherlands.

The coil packs are a dime a dozen but the modules seem to be rare, are there any other modules that work? I've heard about coil packs with integrated edis?

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jeff
I have manifolds modules injectors and fuel rail plug lead ECU and some engine loom wiring etc from an 95x300 if interested
based in Ireland

Old 02-27-2021, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Twigz
I would love to take you up on your offer as I'm in no rush. Is there any way we could stay in touch?

The plan is to replace it by two holley sniper efi systems, 1 per bank (these will also control the edis). And i would like to make a new manifold in the valley now there is more space available without distributor and throttle plate. this will also create more space for future developments.

Do you know if the ac pump can be relocated elsewhere? Perhaps people that have done so?
Sure, you can send a private message to me if you need a module. On the desktop interface, it's up by your user name.

Can two of the Holley systems work together? Double check the firing order, I thought the firing order crosses from bank to bank. Hood clearance may be an issue as well, you'll definitely have some challenges. You might consider using Megasquirt instead of you wish get get rid of the stock EFI system and go distributorless.

I'm not aware of anyone who has used a different AC compressor and relocated it from the V. Changed the old A6 compressor for a more modern one, yes, but not changing the location. Philip Lochner in South Africa has done an EDIS conversion, it's worth looking up his various Jaguar projects.

Last edited by Jagboi64; 02-27-2021 at 11:00 PM.
Old 02-28-2021, 06:21 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CrankmasterII
I have manifolds modules injectors and fuel rail plug lead ECU and some engine loom wiring etc from an 95x300 if interested
based in Ireland
Please can you tell me what price you are asking for these items?

thanks.

Old 03-02-2021, 01:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpigpants
Please can you tell me what price you are asking for these items?

thanks.
have sent you pm

Old 03-05-2021, 02:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 897 Posts

Originally Posted by Jagboi64
I'm not aware of anyone who has used a different AC compressor and relocated it from the V. Changed the old A6 compressor for a more modern one, yes, but not changing the location. Philip Lochner in South Africa has done an EDIS conversion, it's worth looking up his various Jaguar projects.
I think the compressor can go where the old air pump was but it requires a significant change in routing ac lines...with heat as a consideration for new line mounting...bracket build.... Doable I'm sure. Dude sounds like a crackerJack risk takah!!! I like that!