XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Parking Lights When Used?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 09:37 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Parking Lights When Used?

I have Jaguar with four headlamp. I am replacing the head lamps. Should all of the headlamps have parking lights or just the two outer lamps? Should the parking lamps turn on when the side markers are on? Should the parking lamps and side markers flach when the turn signal is on?

Old 09-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 386 Posts

The park /side lights are in the outer light only on the quad setup. I'm not sure if the '89 should have the park/side light in the amber turn light in the front bumper (USA version)....
The side light come on when the light switch is in the first on position and when headlights are on. They are not connected to the flasher circuits.

Are you replacing with halogen H4 and H1 units ?

Old 09-05-2023, 06:34 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You are correct the original headlamps installed did not have the amber parking lamps inside the headlamp. I thought it might look good and a little more retro by adding the amber parking lamp inside the low-beam outer headlights. There are two front side marker lights that come on when the light switch is turned to the first position. The lights are not tied into the turn signal system and stay on when any exterior lights are on. Some of the newer cars the front side marker lights are tied into the turn signal to assist in letting that car in the next lane you intend on turning into their lane. Currently the front turn signals are in the front bumper and can not be seen by the car next to you. What is your suggestion in regards to adding the amber parking lamp and give the side front marker lights the ability to flash with the turn signal.

There are 4 wires that come up through a hole in the outside headlamp hole down towards the front amber light in the bumper and the fog light on both sides of the car (see attached picture). A red and black wire have connectors on them and seem to wire back home. There is a black wire and a green wire with red stripe with rubber female connector with nothing wired to it going home. Any Idea as to what the two unused wires are for?

All of the instructions call to disconnect the negative at the battery to work on the car. When I remove the negative from the battery most of the trim lights stay on for several minutes. I think most of the lights that stay full bright on are the LED lights. Why is there still a high negative charge in the electrical system? Is this issue bad and does something need to be done to reduce the negative charge in the electrical system?

Best regards