XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Power or Purr! Custom Stainless Exhaust System XJS V12

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,341 Likes on 5,430 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeblossom
I cannot remember ever seeing a 'Black' XJ6 before!

Nix looks just amazing, so no wonder She won that award!
[...]
Thank you, OB!
Surely she's not the only Black Xj6!

I Love black cars. In fact, when husband showed me the photos on Craig's List, all I saw was a Black car with 4 doors. It was love before I even saw her for real. But once I did, and we took a drive, she and I were bonded and it was all over but the money transfer.
(';')

The following users liked this post:
orangeblossom (07-13-2014)
Old 07-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 9,341 Likes on 5,430 Posts

Ignore this post. It's been a long day.
(';')

Last edited by LnrB; 07-12-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 07-13-2014, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,812 Likes on 2,639 Posts

Originally Posted by JTsmks
Stock GM modulators on the Jaguar T/H400 are adjustable, never a need to buy the aftermarket one.
Hi JT

It goes without saying I really respect a guy in your line of work as a 'flight engineer'

So I thought that I should do a bit of research, so I could better understand what you were talking about.

To tell the truth I never knew what a modulator was, or what it did but if I understand it correctly, it decides when to change gear, according to the speed that you are doing.

When you say they are adjustable, does that mean I can adjust the one that is already on the Car? or would I have to buy a different type?

Whatever it is, how do you make the adjustment or even know when you have got it right, as my knowledge of this is Zero.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:41 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LnrB
Thank you, OB!
Surely she's not the only Black Xj6!

I Love black cars. In fact, when husband showed me the photos on Craig's List, all I saw was a Black car with 4 doors. It was love before I even saw her for real. But once I did, and we took a drive, she and I were bonded and it was all over but the money transfer.
(';')
Hi Elinor

I'm sure there must be plenty about but NIX is the first black one, that I have ever seen, so She really stands out.

Old 07-13-2014, 03:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by JTsmks
I've removed my mid mufflers and all cats and to tell you the truth sound wise you can barely tell the difference, sound came about with the open growler air filter set up and even then it's not annoying at all? I had a drone at highway speeds with the mids removed but had an H pipe put in just aft of the trans and the drone disappeared.
haha in Tally the speed limit is 30-45mph so I am rarely going over 60mph. I have had the trumpets cut off my air filters for about a year now and it makes an awesome sound around town.

On the highway it is unbearable though. would be fine with a 6 speed, but it just sounds like crap droning with the wind blowing like that lol.

from what I have heard, its pretty difficult to make V12s sound the way you like, Will probably take some experiment with different mufflers. My bet would be off something like flowmaster or magnaflow and closer to something like borla or monza

Old 07-15-2014, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,096 Likes on 2,043 Posts

OB,

Apols for going off-topic but it is your topic and you can take it where you want, so I'm happy to join in!

Spooky indeed, the Vauxhall connection! My late Dad had Vauxhalls as company cars in the 60s, hence my interest in them. In 1966, he got his FC101 Estate, so I have many happy memories of a 101 estate also! I've just managed to find the pic below of me (on the left) and my 2 brothers sitting on the car after a family wedding. Happy Days!

As regards the vacuum modulator, see here for some more thoughts:

JEC BB Index

Paul

Attached Thumbnails Power or Purr! Custom Stainless Exhaust System XJS V12-fc101-estate.jpg  
orangeblossom (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ptjs1
OB,

Apols for going off-topic but it is your topic and you can take it where you want, so I'm happy to join in!

Spooky indeed, the Vauxhall connection! My late Dad had Vauxhalls as company cars in the 60s, hence my interest in them. In 1966, he got his FC101 Estate, so I have many happy memories of a 101 estate also! I've just managed to find the pic below of me (on the left) and my 2 brothers sitting on the car after a family wedding. Happy Days!

JEC BB Index

Paul
Hi Paul

As you know I'm not PC and so as far as I'm concerned, please feel free to jump in!

You help and advice is invaluable and much appreciated!

But looking at that Vauxhall, I can't believe I ever drove a Car as big as that with 'L' Plates on!

As you probably gathered, my Dad was a bit of a 'nutter' (so no change there then!) I had to leave out the best part, where he gave me a lesson in Overtaking!

Even after all these years, I'm reluctant to put it in Print, so lets just say I'm lucky to still be in one piece!

But when I got the hang of it, then it was a really great Car though not the kind you ever want to try and take your Test on!

The Emergency Stop on one of those Tests that I failed 5 times on the bounce on!

Was: How can I put this, quite Surreal!

As the Examiner left his paper on the 'Dashboard' having obviously forgotten, that I when he tapped the Dashboard, I was supposed to do an Emergency Stop!

So steeped in concentration and focused like a lazer on the road ahead, I didn't see the Paper slipping off the Dash, or realize that he reached out to only try and Catch it as it fell!

So I just slammed the Anchors on! and being unprepared for this he went straight through the Windscreen!

Happy days indeed!

Old 07-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ptjs1
OB,

JEC BB Index

Paul
Hi Paul

Just had a look at the Modulator and thanks to the link you sent me, I totally get the idea!

But I'm going to wait till my 'Lift' is freed up, as it looks as if I may otherwise be jacking the XJS up and down like a YoYo!