XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Radio Needed For XJS V12

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Needed For XJS V12

Hey guys,
I've got a 1989 Jaguar XJS V12 5.3 litre, id like to see if theres anyone in the leicestershire area that has got a good and working radio (hopefully with a good tape deck) for my XJS,

Thanks in advance,
OJ

Old 06-28-2024, 05:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,771 Likes on 2,611 Posts

Hi Ozzyjohn

If you're looking for a 'Cheap and Cheerful' Stereo, this is a link to the one I fitted in my 1989 XJS V12

If I remember correctly it Cost about £25 and I either got it from Amazon or Ebay and to tell the Truth I wasn't expecting very much for that money, where I was working on the Theory that no self respecting Car Thief would even bother nicking it out of my Convertible in favor of something a bit more upmarket

But when I wired it up and switched it on I was 'Blown Away' and could give the Harman Kardon in my other Car a real run for the Money!
Amazing Sound and different 'Genres' of Pop-Rock and Classic, including 'Blue Tooth' and AUX and SD

It hasn't got a Tape Deck as I haven't heard of anyone who still uses one of those, as you can just plug your Phone via USB with all your Tunes

Although I'd never fitted a Stereo before, it was dead easy, not to mention incredible Value for Money

Check out my Link, as it's all there, How to remove the Jag Stereo and how to refit this New 'El Cheapo' Version and while it looks a bit 'Tokyo Nights' it was so good I even got one for my other XJS

Shed Loads of Photos and Step by Step Instructions, so you shouldn't go wrong

Alex How I Fitted a New Stereo in my XJS V12 with Full Instructions and Loads of Photos to Guide You

The following users liked this post:
Greg in France (06-29-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 10:43 AM
Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeblossom
Hi Ozzyjohn

If you're looking for a 'Cheap and Cheerful' Stereo, this is a link to the one I fitted in my 1989 XJS V12

If I remember correctly it Cost about £25 and I either got it from Amazon or Ebay and to tell the Truth I wasn't expecting very much for that money, where I was working on the Theory that no self respecting Car Thief would even bother nicking it out of my Convertible in favor of something a bit more upmarket

But when I wired it up and switched it on I was 'Blown Away' and could give the Harman Kardon in my other Car a real run for the Money!
Amazing Sound and different 'Genres' of Pop-Rock and Classic, including 'Blue Tooth' and AUX and SD

It hasn't got a Tape Deck as I haven't heard of anyone who still uses one of those, as you can just plug your Phone via USB with all your Tunes

Although I'd never fitted a Stereo before, it was dead easy, not to mention incredible Value for Money

Check out my Link, as it's all there, How to remove the Jag Stereo and how to refit this New 'El Cheapo' Version and while it looks a bit 'Tokyo Nights' it was so good I even got one for my other XJS

Shed Loads of Photos and Step by Step Instructions, so you shouldn't go wrong

Alex How I Fitted a New Stereo in my XJS V12 with Full Instructions and Loads of Photos to Guide You
Looks great but what stereo is it exactly? Model #, Manuf., Amazon # Thanks! I'm getting ready to do the same.

Old 07-02-2024, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,771 Likes on 2,611 Posts

Hi 67 Camaro

This looks like the Stereo that I bought from Amazon but now there's an even better one for £33 that doesn't look quite so garish (on the same page)

This one looks a little bit more upmarket £33 This one looks a little bit more upmarket £33

Anyway this was the one I bought
Car Stereo from Amazon Car Stereo from Amazon

Fitting the Stereo in my 1989 XJS V12

Fitting the Stereo in my 1990 XJS V12 Virtually the same fitment as my 1989

The following users liked this post:
Greg in France (07-03-2024)
Old 07-03-2024, 07:04 AM
Received 40 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you so much. About to begin to repair or replace my stereo. P.O. said the radio worked until he attempted to play a cassette. I'm thinking it may "think" it is in cassette mode as the door is broken. I have the security code but it does not act as if it is accepting as no beeps emit when I key in the code. Anyway, thank you again for your step by step post. Cheers from middle Tennessee!