XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Supercharged V12 info please :P

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean B
I've got 6L and 7L TWR blocks, with forged TWR cranks, big valve heads, competition valve spring kits, long duration cams, IMSA magnesium throttle bodies, etc etc...get in touch if deadly serious....
Do you have a figure in mind Sean
John

Old 12-29-2012, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Message Sean B

Hi Sean - can you get in touch re your 7l components - chris migdakota at yahoo dot com dot au

cheers
chris

Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 AM

Does anyone have any information on how good the stock heads are even with mildly oversized valves and a 70/30 cam ?
I've already purchased a 7L crank from Rob Beere, Carillo rods ( gotta love the exchange rate!) , 96mm liners from RBR, high capacity oil pump again RBR and a set of extractors from Spiteri Jaguar here in Melbourne. So I'm kinda committed to a 7.3 beast, but finding out about everything below the cylinder head gasket has been relatively easy. When you start digging around for knowledge on the cylinder heads, you come up blank. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers

Old 03-03-2013, 04:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 194 Likes on 161 Posts

Hi Mfzr01, head over to the XJS section. This is a topic that has been mulled over for quite some time between members there.

The following users liked this post:
mfzr01 (03-03-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 03:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Originally Posted by mfzr01
Does anyone have any information on how good the stock heads are even with mildly oversized valves and a 70/30 cam ?
I've already purchased a 7L crank from Rob Beere, Carillo rods ( gotta love the exchange rate!) , 96mm liners from RBR, high capacity oil pump again RBR and a set of extractors from Spiteri Jaguar here in Melbourne. So I'm kinda committed to a 7.3 beast, but finding out about everything below the cylinder head gasket has been relatively easy. When you start digging around for knowledge on the cylinder heads, you come up blank. If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Cheers

Forget Spiteri they are really expensive - talk to Norman at the EType Factory in Melbourne he knows more about getting power from the V12 than almost anyone. And his pricing is pretty good.

Last edited by warrjon; 03-04-2013 at 04:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mfzr01 (03-05-2013)
Old 03-04-2013, 06:26 AM

Hi
been reading this thread and others on supercharging a V12 there's one in a austin healey 100/4 in the states using a paxton type blower . Don't have a link for it but if you search V12 Austin Healey or British V8's you should be able to find it.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:38 PM
Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

I've got 6L and 7L TWR blocks, with forged TWR cranks, big valve heads, competition valve spring kits, long duration cams, IMSA magnesium throttle bodies, etc etc...get in touch if deadly serious....
I am building a 6.8 v12 with flatheads and am tossing ariund the udea of what crank to use. what do you have there?

Old 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM

[QUOTE=warrjon;581237]7L will require either 84mm stroke crank and 93.5mm bore 6.9L, 93.5 is max overbore on stock liners. You can offset grind the crank and use chev small journal rods this should give you close to 84 mm stroke

can you really do this safely?

Old 04-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by mfzr01
Cheers
pre he heads are good for over 500 stock with the right cam. clean up the ports and smooth them out. the design is fairly ideal as to how the ports flow. and they are already pretty close to matched to the gasket already.

the intakes will flow 1200cfm so that is enough for a ton of hp. but if you want that to be easier go with the v12 sales intakes. they are designed for 500+ applications.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Banshee
Hi
been reading this thread and others on supercharging a V12 there's one in a austin healey 100/4 in the states using a paxton type blower . Don't have a link for it but if you search V12 Austin Healey or British V8's you should be able to find it.
this guy cut and spliced the intakes together to cover the valled. pretty cool.but one could do this a ton easier with piping and elbows

Old 04-04-2013, 05:11 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=calvindoesntknow;710116]
Originally Posted by warrjon
7L will require either 84mm stroke crank and 93.5mm bore 6.9L, 93.5 is max overbore on stock liners. You can offset grind the crank and use chev small journal rods this should give you close to 84 mm stroke

can you really do this safely?

Pin size I don't think is a problem NASCAR run 1.88 journals, they need to be properly ground and radiused. You would also need to weld and re-drill the oil galleries.

read this

Crankshaft Technology - Rotational Rationale On Bottom Ends - Circle Track Magazine

Old 01-26-2014, 07:00 AM
Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts
Default still happening , just slower than I anticipated

Well its been a little while. Still havent started. I got sidetracked with a boat and a V8 Lexus conversion for a transit van which Im in the middle of. The V12 is still on the cards, but probably not for another year yet. Have to finish the transit and save up for the V12 bits.
To Sean I will be in touch early next year or later this year as finances allow.
To Warrjon I will take delivery of the XJC soon and have a spare xj12 sitting here as donor engine car to play with.
Always wanted an original V12 xjc, didnt realise it takes sooooo many years for things to happen...
Oh, had wedding anniversary a few months ago. Married life is Bliss...

Old 11-06-2014, 05:08 AM
Default Twr blocks

hi Sean b my name is George and I'm starting my research on my next build being an xjs v12 and was wondering what the differences are between the twr blocks and standard. Also how much is a twr block worth?

Old 11-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by George k
hi Sean b my name is George and I'm starting my research on my next build being an xjs v12 and was wondering what the differences are between the twr blocks and standard. Also how much is a twr block worth?
TWR used stock Jaguar V12 blocks. In the XJS race car cranks were also stock being a forged nitrided unit they are strong.

Conrods even though they were forged were a weak point.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 366 Likes on 294 Posts

with 12:1 compression ratio the only way to turbo or super charge an engine is to provide some type of charge cooling.... WWII aircraft relied upon alcohol and water injection to provide charge cooling and to prevent detonation...

for the Jaguar V12 the best bang for the buck is something that provides charge cooling and more Oxygen: wet nitrous... wet meaning that you also provide fuel with the nitrous...

Old 11-06-2014, 10:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,376 Likes on 803 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug
You're probably thinking of Bradley Smith's XJS:

Bradley Smith XJS in Detail

He passed away a few years ago. The car comes up on Ebay now and again

Cheers
DD
That XJS is presently fore sale on CL for 27 bags of sand. See the link.

Jaguar 1985 XJS twin super charged

Old 11-06-2014, 11:28 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jonathan-W
for the Jaguar V12 the best bang for the buck is something that provides charge cooling and more Oxygen: wet nitrous... wet meaning that you also provide fuel with the nitrous...
Unfortunately George lives in Sydney, NOX is illegal on the street here, can have the bottle installed but it must be physically disconnected.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:34 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by George k

George there is a load of information on this site pertaining to modifying the V12. It would help if you could give a little information.

What is your budget, what are you trying to achieve and the model of your car, the V12 had numerous iterations, there are 5x V12 block part numbers depending on year model.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:24 AM

Thanks for input guys , just starting to gather as much info as possible at the moment . Sourcing a forged crank right now an original twr unit , the block I would prefer to use a new item but don't know how much there going for. In regards to turbos and compression, I've built a bmw e30 with a 1 jz so the theory I thought would be the same in regards to comps and boost 8.5 to 9 comp and boost according to the motor and tune. As long as the bits are up to it like forged crank , rods and pistons, arp studs , fuel supply and a good control unit, I'm thinking it should work. Budget is somthing that is never even close so I'll say that what ever it takes with myself doing a lot of the work. The aim is to build it correct no short cuts but done right , without spending 1 million dollars. Does anyone know what a new block is worth?

Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,236 Likes on 943 Posts

i didnt think there were any NEW blocks available?

Quick Reply: Supercharged V12 info please :P