XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Throttle Adjustment & Wiring Harness

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2024, 02:02 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Throttle Adjustment & Wiring Harness

I read the post and threads on the throttle adjustments written several years ago. The thread was great and provided a lot of detailed information. I am out of town and can't look at the car and make adjustments so this is from my poor memory. I am currently delivering the interior leather parts to be recovered in sunny Palm Springs. I have a few questions regarding the roller limit switch positions and the wiring harness that burt up and broke when I was looking for the engine number. Where does the kick down roller limit switch on the OEM cable sit when the car is off or in idle? Does the wheel sit in front or behinds of the divot on the throttle cable Is it touching the cable and the contacts in the switch in a closed position? When the throttle is fully depressed the cable moves and the roller drops into the divot and opens the contact? The enrichment limit switch sits on the flat part if the roller capstan. Is the switch in a normally closed state on the flat part? When the throttle is repressed the capstan turns and the switch rolls up to the round part of the capstan does this open the contacts on the limit switch open the throttle and when the throttle is fully depressed the throttle cable rolls into the divit to kick down the gears? The paragraphs below are from my previous post that no one replied to so no need to reply to both.

I was degreasing and cleaning the engine bay and found a fried wiring harness that comes out the RH side fender well at the firewall. The wires terminate in a white 8 pin plug in connector and is using only 7 pins. As you look down on the top of the connector the 1st pin on the left side is a bare male pin with a green wire to the left this goes to a terminal the roller limit switch on the throttle cable the other cable on the switch is a green/ white that disappears under the firewall into the cabin?, the next position is blanked off, next is a green/blue that goes to a water temperature sensor in the water rail next to the pump at the front of the engine, next is a green/brown and it goes to the condenser, the other side of the white connector when it is rolled over starting on the right side the pins are all female, the 1st wire is a large #12 white wire that broke off and I think disappears under the firewall into the cabin? Next is black/brown goes below the throttle to a sensor next to a gold colored round tin can with a green dot on top, next is a white/ brown that goes below the throttle to a gold colored round tin can with a green dot on top, next is a white/blue wire I have not terminated and not sure where it goes, there is still a wire that wire that came from under the firewall into the cabin with the large #12 white wire. Can anyone tell me if the wiring colors are going to the correct devices and does the white/blue wire from the connector terminate on the unknown color (black?) wire that goes into the car with the white wire. Is this harness CF6 and does anyone know where to get a color coded wiring diagram for the harness that burnt up? I have built a new harness with high heat and flame resistant covering to the terminal and removed the original wiring off the top of the engine.