XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

What Asbestos parts are in a XJS (specifically 1987 3.6 Manual Coupe)

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 04:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CX777er
It is still in the UK. It is on my to do list. I hope to have it on a ship in the next 3 months.

I'll will post here if there is an issue with the asbestos. My car possibly could have had asbestos park brake pads, but they (along with just about every other part) has been replaced in the last 12 months.

Regards
Thanks very much. I am hoping to import mine before Christmas. Mine is a 1994 so hopefully no asbestos in it however in perfect Jaguar style it's hard to get a definitive answer out of them.

Old 07-25-2024, 01:44 AM

I found the email that Jaguar Australia sent me. Hope it helps.

Regards

We inform to acknowledge receipt of your email from our UK Head Office, as we handle all enquiries relating to the Australian market.To confirm, all Jaguar and Land Rover vehicles have been manufactured free from asbestos since 1994. No asbestos was present during the manufacturing process and is not present in our Australian product.

The Jaguar XJ-S model went asbestos free in 1993.5 MY (build date Feb 1994). There was still asbestos used in the park brake pads until that production date.

Please note, we cannot comment on or guarantee whether asbestos is free from non-genuine JLR parts or aftermarket products (such as brake pads, gaskets, etc) used in services or repairs on our vehicles after 1994.

Kindly note, you are responsible for having your vehicle inspected prior to arrival in Australia, which may incur significant costs and delays at the border.   Jaguar Land Rover Australia do not provide a certificate in these instances as the vehicle was not originally manufactured for the Australian market.  

Should you require further information, please refer to:

https://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ve.../asbestos.aspx

Assuring you of our best of intentions at all times.

Kind regards,

Yasmin

Customer Relationship Centre

Jaguar Land Rover Australia

Old 07-25-2024, 08:52 PM

thanks for that appreciate it!