XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

07 XKR going in for service, need advice pls

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 07 XKR going in for service, need advice pls

I need to take my 07 XKR coupe in for a very small coolant leak. It has gone from max to min marker in about a month of driving in hot Texas weather, and I smell coolant occasionally after driving for a while.

Questions:

1. Does anyone have any experience with coolant leak in an 07-08?

2. Are there any software updates I should ask about?

3. This is the first time I'm going into a Jaguar Dealer for service, as I've only had the car for a few months. I'm hoping that they are more customer oriented than BMW. Any other advice?

Thanks,

Paul

Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Here is my 2 cents. I took my XKR to a Jag dealer in Dallas. The first time they really took care of me...I thought. They replaced a missing center emblem, reprogrammed/replaced a key fob, fixed a inoperable rear quarter window, and did the year maintenance for free. I also had them do an alignment because my steering was a little off and I was planning on a new set of tires.
A little time went by and some other items started came up...most notably the hydraulic open on the glove box stopped working and the thing just slammed open when you pushed the latch. Well...to make a long story short they would not fix it under warranty and said it would cost me something between 500 and a 1000 to fix. They claimed that someone worked on the car (putting in a radar detector) and had broken the glove box (BTW I put in the radar detector myself and I did not even do anything on that side of the car...much less break the glove box)...their excuse is that they only warranty defective parts...not broken parts (they claimed broken by radar installer...to which I called ***** and I told them that I was there and no one even touched the glovebox...which is the absolute truth). They said too bad...it was broken and not covered. So my next question was if a part is defective and it breaks you are "Sorry Out of Luck?"...service guy said yes. Well...I say that is a crock. To make a long story short they cobbled it back together after I pitched a fit...which I just should not have to do on a car less than a year old with less than 10k miles that cost way more than it is worth on days like that.
I also am not happy with the alignment that they supposedly gave me as my back tires wore to the tread on the inside inch or so with about 1/8 of tread on the outside ...which after I looked at the rear end looks to me like they didn't even touch it. I did not get the print out of the alignment (verdict still out on this tho...I still haven't determined if in alignment or not)...learn from my mistake...make sure you do get this sheet if you get an alignment...
So all in all I have not had real good luck with a Dallas dealer if if that is where you are located...It is really ashame that you can't even get anyone to take care of what they originally signed up for...for the kind of money Jaguars command there really should not have to be this kind of argument at a dealer to get things taken care of. I have had several Jags and it is a shame that I would rather work on them myself than have to put up with an argument with the service advisor.
Guy

Last edited by gdrag; 09-01-2009 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

gd, if you're willing to drive a spell, Autobahn guys are top notch, and since you get a loaner car with your warranty work, the inconvenience is minimal. Give them a shot, would ya?

Old 09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gdrag, I am the owner of an 07 XKR (1 month) and my glove box was doing EXACTLY the same thing as yours - it just flopped open.

My Jaguar dealer (South Carolina), took care of it without batting an eye - fixed the glovebox under warranty AND ordered a new key fob for me at NO CHARGE (the second key was not working properly). The glovebox is certainly an issue, and I'll bet a lot of other owners have experienced the same glovebox issue.

Perhaps it depends on the "service advisor" and if he is an a$$ or not...

Old 09-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Make sure these fixes are done (all free)

889940 reconfigure the speed control module
869380 update 7 modules X150 Enhancement program (IP11)
Perform software enhancement program K013 outstanding per DDW 05-12-08
Replace C2P16704 Spring and C2P15674

Old 09-04-2009, 04:08 AM

Thanks for these. This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Is the speed control module issue related to the adaptive cruise control? I have only had the opportunity to use the cruise control on one trip, but it would cut out every time I passed a large truck and then not function for a while afterwards. I've read that the sensor needs to be adjusted somehow.

Thanks again for the specific info.

Paul

Old 09-04-2009, 04:09 AM

I forgot to mention that my glovebox just falls open, too. Must be a common problem, although I didn't know it was not supposed to do that until reading these posts.

Old 09-04-2009, 12:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes the fixes I posted above include the fix to the adaptive cruise control (which was actually discovered by my local Jaguar Dealer) If you search for some of my other posts in this forum you will get more detail.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:27 PM

Great. Thanks again for the help.

Paul