XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

1998 XKR/XK8 Saggy front End Cure

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017 | 05:04 AM
|
Smile 1998 XKR/XK8 Saggy front End Cure

For those of you buying an older XKR/XK8 with a saggy front end plus all the associated problems of camber settings etc, I have found a relatively quick and inexpensive solution. Using two discarded aluminium 12mm wheel spacers I made packing pieces to go between the top of the front suspension struts and the bodywork. On the LHS the spring will have to be compressed to fit two 12mm longer studs in the positions where needed and only one on the drivers side. Assuming the foam packing pieces at the top of the springs are still OK and that the bushes in the Shock Absorbers are OK, on reassembly the ride height will be exactly to the original specs. Only a trained eye would spot the alloy packing pieces. I am thrilled with the results and just hope the springs will not settle any further. A very nice mod at very little expense to achieve an excellent result. Contact stu.n.sal@bigpond.com for any further info. Stuart.

Old 02-01-2017 | 07:47 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting fix, but you posted it in the wrong Forum. This is the X150 Forum, for 2007-up models. You should repost this in the X100 Forum.

It's an understandable mistake as I see that you're a newbie.

Perhaps the Moderator can move this thread.