XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2002 XKR radio/nav replacement

Search this Thread

Old Today, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 XKR radio/nav replacement

It is sure that this topic has been beaten to death, regrettably (being a new member) I can't seem to find a thread that relates. I just purchased a very fine example of a 2002 XKR and would like to refit a radio/nav that can actually be used... USB and satellite would be a definite +.

Sooo, is there a unit out there that is an in-dash fit for the existing radio (and cassette deck)? To avoid redundancies I'd also like to swap the existing nav with the gauge cluster. Thanks very much for the help!

Old Today, 04:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,038 Likes on 1,365 Posts

A 2002 would be an X100. This is the X150 forum. You’ll have better luck posting there.

Old Today, 04:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new XKR! Sounds like a great ride, and I get the need to upgrade that old radio/nav setup to something more modern.

For an in-dash fit that keeps the classic look while adding features like USB and satellite radio, there are a few options to consider. Some brands, like Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine, offer double-DIN units with touchscreens that might fit, but they often require some custom fitting or a dash kit because of the unique layout of the XKR’s console. Unfortunately, there isn’t a plug-and-play option that fits perfectly without some modification.

For replacing the existing nav with the gauge cluster, you’d likely need a custom solution. Some Jaguar owners have opted to install a single-DIN head unit in place of the original radio and use the space below for additional gauges or a storage pocket. You could also look into digital gauge clusters or a custom panel if you’re comfortable with more extensive modifications.

If you're aiming to keep things looking as factory as possible, another route could be retrofitting the original nav space with a more modern screen while maintaining the existing dash design. It would involve a bit of custom work but could give you the best of both worlds.

I’d suggest visiting a good car audio shop or reaching out to Jaguar forums where other XKR owners might have tackled similar upgrades. They can provide insights and maybe even a few DIY guides on the best way to get a modern setup without losing that classic Jaguar charm.

Hope this points you in the right direction!

Ryan
https://gpstrackershop.com

Old Today, 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=gpstrackershop;2781897]Congrats on the new XKR! Sounds like a great ride, and I get the need to upgrade that old radio/nav setup to something more modern.

For an in-dash fit that keeps the classic look while adding features like USB and satellite radio, there are a few options to consider. Some brands, like Pioneer, Kenwood, and Alpine, offer double-DIN units with touchscreens that might fit, but they often require some custom fitting or a dash kit because of the unique layout of the XKR’s console. Unfortunately, there isn’t a plug-and-play option that fits perfectly without some modification.

For replacing the existing nav with the gauge cluster, you’d likely need a custom solution. Some Jaguar owners have opted to install a single-DIN head unit in place of the original radio and use the space below for additional gauges or a storage pocket. You could also look into digital gauge clusters or a custom panel if you’re comfortable with more extensive modifications.

If you're aiming to keep things looking as factory as possible, another route could be retrofitting the original nav space with a more modern screen while maintaining the existing dash design. It would involve a bit of custom work but could give you the best of both worlds.

I’d suggest visiting a good car audio shop or reaching out to Jaguar forums where other XKR owners might have tackled similar upgrades. They can provide insights and maybe even a few DIY guides on the best way to get a modern setup without losing that classic Jaguar charm.

Hope this points you in the right direction!

Ryan
https://gpstrackershop.com[/QUOTE

Thanks very much for the information. I have seen folks use a Garmin GPS in place of the nav, and I have also seen the recommendation for the different brands of double-DIN units but I haven't uncovered a single photo of the completed installation using, as you suggest, a dash kit. Since the existing bezel is black, opposed to woodgrain, it shouldn't "upset" the look too much.

Best Regards,

Paul

Old Today, 06:47 PM

Thank you for the info. Can you explain the difference between an X100 and an X150?

Best Regards,

Paul