XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007-2009 XK Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by totalpakaj
I purchased by 2007 XKR Coupe with 77,000 miles in good condition Nov 2015. within the first month needed $500 in maintenance for supercharger pulleys and belts because they started to rattle... fine. Then in February after hitting multiple a potholes, the front suspension was leaking, busted both front tires and bent both rims. On a high performance coupe why did the put 20 inch low profile tires to only be fitted on this car? Suspension, bearings, 1 new rim 1 fixed rim, and 2 new tires, road force balancing, and alignment; TOTAL $6000 TO COMPLETE THE FRONT END AT A AUTHORIZED JAGUAR DEALER AND THE STEERING STILL WAS CRAP AND MAKING NOISES. I have taken the car back over 10 times to the dealer to try to find the problem as they continue to try new things. Their mechanics are obviously just as crap.it has been 8 months taking the car back and forth because the steering and drive has been horrible ever since. Th next issue was at 83000 THE ENGINE BLEW LEAVING ME ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY AND THEY HAVE NO EXPLANATION. OIL WAS CHANGED 6000 MILES AGO AND THEY ADVISED I WOULD ONLY NEED A OIL CHANGE EVERY 8000-10000 MILES.... TOTAL CRAP!!!!TOTAL PRICE OF A REPLACED ENGINE WAS $7000. The water reservoir also started to leak $450, the headliner on a 2007 car already has fallen $600. Front grill that is only snapped in pops out all the time and finally it came off on the highway $200. Rear axle snapped clean in half $400. Speaker system is crap, and the tweeter grilles have popped out. Bluetooth only recognizes certain frequencies and not all so my phone is not compatible, and when it can work its for calls only no audio or media sharing. As of today ALL 4 RIMS ARE BENT THEY ARE CRAP! Rear glass cover always falls down and then finally the clamps cracked and broke off. the heated seats stopped working. the seat adjustment makes you feel like your in a convertible because they don't go back far enough and I'm only 5"10. On the good side the car looks absolutely stunning in profile it always has people stop and look. The drive and power and sound are exotic at its best. The sound can be heard a block away and is beautiful. But jaguar dealers are horrible in luxury standards in service and repairs are over the top for poor quality. This is a ford product with bells. the newer Jags owned by Tata will definitely be a better buy. I love what this car does... but i hate its quality and reliabilty. I would never recommend purchasing this model. save the headache and buy a CL Mercedes or the new Jaguar FType that's all new built if you have the $$$
I think your first mistake was buying a car 8 years old and with 77,000 miles in what you classify as "good condition". Did you the car from a Jaguar Dealer, independent car sales lot, or a private party? Did you have the XKR fully inspected by a bonafide Jaguar dealer?

Every car buyer needs to complete some kind of due diligence before the purchase. The money you have put into this car will never come back to you.

Sell it now and upgrade to a newer model, before you pour more money over bad.

There is nothing wrong with these vehicles when you make a proper selection. You only tell us one side of the story, there are so many questions that need to be answered on what you paid for the car, the past history of the car, the pre-purchase inspection if any. The problem may not have been the car, but the buyer in the way the purchase has handled in the first place.

These cars are highly reliable vehicles.

Last edited by richzak; 09-14-2016 at 01:40 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by richzak:
kj07xk (09-14-2016), MediaBobNY (10-13-2019)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,379 Likes on 3,184 Posts

Don't drive it like your old hooptie. They aren't made for puddle-jumping or rally cross.

The following users liked this post:
kj07xk (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 02:10 PM
Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a 08 bought with 50,000 now has 81,000 only issue was TPMS sensors and module bought the module online for 150. and VDO TPS 200. wire under cowl had shorted causing the problems but found all the repair advice on this site and now ALL is well no other issues I do keep a CTEK charger on it and always lock the doors when its in the garage

Old 09-14-2016, 02:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
I think your first mistake was buying a car 8 years old and with 77,000 miles in what you classify as "good condition". Did you the car from a Jaguar Dealer, independent car sales lot, or a private party? Did you have the XKR fully inspected by a bonafide Jaguar dealer?
20" wheels, low profile tires and you cry about damaged wheel??? That is expected. I avoid 20"+ wheels at all costs. Stopped me from buying a lovely '13 XKR recently; had 20" wheels... An 8 year old car with 77K miles can be a nice car if it was owned by the right person... On fancy cars, you pay for the maintenance and upkeep. A 100k+ car new is always going to need 100k+ car costs and service no matter if you paid 20K for it year down the road.

Old 09-14-2016, 02:48 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

As you touched upon Rich rightfully so but let's take this just a bit further adding some logic to his rather emotional posting...

I purchased by 2007 XKR Coupe with 77,000 miles in good condition Nov 2015 if it were in "good condition as you say NONE of this would be the case so you have already proven yourself hypocritical but let's go on shall we/ . within the first month needed $500 in maintenance for supercharger pulleys and belts because they started to rattle... fine. Then in February after hitting multiple a potholes, the front suspension was leaking, busted both front tires and bent both rims Then don't hit potholes! Fairly simple and straight forward it would seem. Show me a car that is made for potholes please.These are high performance cars not monster trucks On a high performance coupe why did the put 20 inch low profile tires to only be fitted on this car? Did you suddenly wake up one morning to find that your car was fitted with 20" wheels or were they there when you bought it? So you're saying you're not pleased with that choice that YOU made and now are blaming the car??? Pretty weak Suspension, bearings, 1 new rim 1 fixed rim, and 2 new tires, road force balancing, and alignment; TOTAL $6000 TO COMPLETE THE FRONT END AT A AUTHORIZED JAGUAR DEALER AND THE STEERING STILL WAS CRAP AND MAKING NOISES. Of course if you abuse ANY car you will pay the price. Are you trying to somehow state that this would not happen with a Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Maserati, etc??? Then compound that with the fact that you took it to a Jaguar dealer which of course will do their very best to extract every dollar from your wallet and you cry that it hurts? Well duh!!!! I have taken the car back over 10 times to the dealer to try to find the problem as they continue to try new things. Their mechanics are obviously just as crap.it has been 8 months taking the car back and forth because the steering and drive has been horrible ever since. You say you've taken it back 10 times, either that is complete bull or you are severely retarded thus ought not have a drivers license. Ten times huh... riiiiiight Th next issue was at 83000 THE ENGINE BLEW LEAVING ME ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY AND THEY HAVE NO EXPLANATION. OIL WAS CHANGED 6000 MILES AGO AND THEY ADVISED I WOULD ONLY NEED A OIL CHANGE EVERY 8000-10000 MILES.... TOTAL CRAP!!!!TOTAL PRICE OF A REPLACED ENGINE WAS $7000. An engine is FAR more than $7000 especially if you're dealing with a dealer. You would be one of maybe a tiny handful that have ever had an engine blow so that is dubious at best. If you actually had any sort of facts and reasoning for why this blew I'm sure you would have posted it but instead you make preposterous claims to instill fear. Again total bull. The water reservoir also started to leak $450, Instead of coming here for advise you just threw that kind of $$$ at dealer to replace that reservoir??? If that was the case then you deserved what you got to get the headliner on a 2007 car already has fallen $600. Front grill that is only snapped in pops out all the time and finally it came off on the highway $200. Rear axle snapped clean in half $400. Bull, outright bull Speaker system is crap, And that wasn't the case when you bought the car??? Whining after you purchased it ??? and the tweeter grilles have popped out. Bluetooth only recognizes certain frequencies and not all so my phone is not compatible, and when it can work its for calls only no audio or media sharing. As of today ALL 4 RIMS ARE BENT THEY ARE CRAP! Rear glass cover always falls down and then finally the clamps cracked and broke off. the heated seats stopped working. the seat adjustment makes you feel like your in a convertible because they don't go back far enough and I'm only 5"10 Heated seats not working is likely a fuse but that wouldn't matter you as. I'm 6'3" mine is a conv and fits me fine, how is it that you're supposedly only 5'10" and it doesn't fit you???. On the good side the car looks absolutely stunning in profile it always has people stop and look. The drive and power and sound are exotic at its best. The sound can be heard a block away and is beautiful. But jaguar dealers are horrible in luxury standards in service and repairs are over the top for poor quality.as evident on this forum these X150 models are absolutely amazing in terms of delivering performance but even more so doing so with a reliability WAY above and beyond any other high end manufacturer This is a ford product with bells. the newer Jags owned by Tata will definitely be a better buy I love what this car does... but i hate its quality and reliability. I would never recommend purchasing this model. save the headache and buy a CL Mercedes or the new Jaguar FType that's all new built if you have the $$$

You have all of a total of 2 posts here so at very best you've not shown any credence. You first state that your car was in good condition but then go on a tirade about how terrible yours was with many of your gripes being ones that anyone with a even base-level of aptitude would plainly see PRIOR to purchase. Then you gripe about it not withstanding potholes, simply a silly claim again eroding any logical basis for your claims. You state you returned 10x to the same dealership then you posts just continues it's downhill slide into complete ridiculousness. In all honesty are you just some young kid who couldn't afford a real Jaguar and get your kicks writing poorly conceived posts trying to strike fear into potential new buyers? So little in your writing is even remotely believable, and anyone who reads it becomes immediately aware that it is just a troll. It's not even worth trying to beat sense into your head, this is every bit as believable as the numerous emails I get telling me I've won the British Lottery, that a Nigerian bank wants to send me a check for $1.8M, or that someone dying picked me to send their inheritance to. I responded not to give this poster ANY credence that I believe ANYTHING he has written but rather to point out to others who may start to consider what he's written that there could be lessons learned by this obvious lie-fest. Moral of this fiction - get a PPO, check out a used car yourself afterwards and verify what you know don't blindly trust either a seller or even the PPO, These cars, nor pretty much any car, is made to conquer potholes, unless you dislike your money stay away from dealers for service, it is likely their quality of service is no better than a good qualified indi yet their rates are significantly higher, don't take stories like this to heart, this is clearly a troll looking for reactions.

The following 9 users liked this post by Leeper:
1 of 19 (01-31-2018), Cee Jay (09-14-2016), kj07xk (09-14-2016), MediaBobNY (10-13-2019), mosesbotbol (09-14-2016), ralphwg (09-15-2016), Rhett (07-15-2018), richzak (09-14-2016), sov211 (09-14-2016) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeper
As you touched upon Rich rightfully so but let's take this just a bit further adding some logic to his rather emotional posting...

I purchased by 2007 XKR Coupe with 77,000 miles in good condition Nov 2015 if it were in "good condition as you say NONE of this would be the case so you have already proven yourself hypocritical but let's go on shall we/ . within the first month needed $500 in maintenance for supercharger pulleys and belts because they started to rattle... fine. Then in February after hitting multiple a potholes, the front suspension was leaking, busted both front tires and bent both rims Then don't hit potholes! Fairly simple and straight forward it would seem. Show me a car that is made for potholes please.These are high performance cars not monster trucks On a high performance coupe why did the put 20 inch low profile tires to only be fitted on this car? Did you suddenly wake up one morning to find that your car was fitted with 20" wheels or were they there when you bought it? So you're saying you're not pleased with that choice that YOU made and now are blaming the car??? Pretty weak Suspension, bearings, 1 new rim 1 fixed rim, and 2 new tires, road force balancing, and alignment; TOTAL $6000 TO COMPLETE THE FRONT END AT A AUTHORIZED JAGUAR DEALER AND THE STEERING STILL WAS CRAP AND MAKING NOISES. Of course if you abuse ANY car you will pay the price. Are you trying to somehow state that this would not happen with a Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari, Maserati, etc??? Then compound that with the fact that you took it to a Jaguar dealer which of course will do their very best to extract every dollar from your wallet and you cry that it hurts? Well duh!!!! I have taken the car back over 10 times to the dealer to try to find the problem as they continue to try new things. Their mechanics are obviously just as crap.it has been 8 months taking the car back and forth because the steering and drive has been horrible ever since. You say you've taken it back 10 times, either that is complete bull or you are severely retarded thus ought not have a drivers license. Ten times huh... riiiiiight Th next issue was at 83000 THE ENGINE BLEW LEAVING ME ON THE SIDE OF A HIGHWAY AND THEY HAVE NO EXPLANATION. OIL WAS CHANGED 6000 MILES AGO AND THEY ADVISED I WOULD ONLY NEED A OIL CHANGE EVERY 8000-10000 MILES.... TOTAL CRAP!!!!TOTAL PRICE OF A REPLACED ENGINE WAS $7000. An engine is FAR more than $7000 especially if you're dealing with a dealer. You would be one of maybe a tiny handful that have ever had an engine blow so that is dubious at best. If you actually had any sort of facts and reasoning for why this blew I'm sure you would have posted it but instead you make preposterous claims to instill fear. Again total bull. The water reservoir also started to leak $450, Instead of coming here for advise you just threw that kind of $$$ at dealer to replace that reservoir??? If that was the case then you deserved what you got to get the headliner on a 2007 car already has fallen $600. Front grill that is only snapped in pops out all the time and finally it came off on the highway $200. Rear axle snapped clean in half $400. Bull, outright bull Speaker system is crap, And that wasn't the case when you bought the car??? Whining after you purchased it ??? and the tweeter grilles have popped out. Bluetooth only recognizes certain frequencies and not all so my phone is not compatible, and when it can work its for calls only no audio or media sharing. As of today ALL 4 RIMS ARE BENT THEY ARE CRAP! Rear glass cover always falls down and then finally the clamps cracked and broke off. the heated seats stopped working. the seat adjustment makes you feel like your in a convertible because they don't go back far enough and I'm only 5"10 Heated seats not working is likely a fuse but that wouldn't matter you as. I'm 6'3" mine is a conv and fits me fine, how is it that you're supposedly only 5'10" and it doesn't fit you???. On the good side the car looks absolutely stunning in profile it always has people stop and look. The drive and power and sound are exotic at its best. The sound can be heard a block away and is beautiful. But jaguar dealers are horrible in luxury standards in service and repairs are over the top for poor quality.as evident on this forum these X150 models are absolutely amazing in terms of delivering performance but even more so doing so with a reliability WAY above and beyond any other high end manufacturer This is a ford product with bells. the newer Jags owned by Tata will definitely be a better buy I love what this car does... but i hate its quality and reliability. I would never recommend purchasing this model. save the headache and buy a CL Mercedes or the new Jaguar FType that's all new built if you have the $$$

You have all of a total of 2 posts here so at very best you've not shown any credence. You first state that your car was in good condition but then go on a tirade about how terrible yours was with many of your gripes being ones that anyone with a even base-level of aptitude would plainly see PRIOR to purchase. Then you gripe about it not withstanding potholes, simply a silly claim again eroding any logical basis for your claims. You state you returned 10x to the same dealership then you posts just continues it's downhill slide into complete ridiculousness. In all honesty are you just some young kid who couldn't afford a real Jaguar and get your kicks writing poorly conceived posts trying to strike fear into potential new buyers? So little in your writing is even remotely believable, and anyone who reads it becomes immediately aware that it is just a troll. It's not even worth trying to beat sense into your head, this is every bit as believable as the numerous emails I get telling me I've won the British Lottery, that a Nigerian bank wants to send me a check for $1.8M, or that someone dying picked me to send their inheritance to. I responded not to give this poster ANY credence that I believe ANYTHING he has written but rather to point out to others who may start to consider what he's written that there could be lessons learned by this obvious lie-fest. Moral of this fiction - get a PPO, check out a used car yourself afterwards and verify what you know don't blindly trust either a seller or even the PPO, These cars, nor pretty much any car, is made to conquer potholes, unless you dislike your money stay away from dealers for service, it is likely their quality of service is no better than a good qualified indi yet their rates are significantly higher, don't take stories like this to heart, this is clearly a troll looking for reactions.

CLEARLY A REAL OWNER WITH SERVICE RECORDS TO PROVE!!!!!!
YOU MUST WORK FOR A JAGUAR DEALER SINCE YOU HAVE NO RESPECT OR EMPATHY FOR SOMEONE WHO IS SHARING THEIR EXPERIENCE WITH THE COMMUNITY.....

THE CAR IS A BEAUTIFUL HIGH PERFORMING..... EXPENSIVE PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!

FIRST; CAR WAS PURCHASED FROM JAGUAR OF CHANTILLY, VA

SECOND I WAS THE THIRD OWNER

THIRD I PAID $22K FOR IT ( BUT IRRELEVANT)

FOURTH I PURCHASED FROM A JAGUAR DEALER SO THEY INSPECTED IT, PUT NEW BRAKES ROTORS TIRES AND FULL MAINTENANCE BEFORE I PURCHASED AND DID A PPO!

FIFTH. MOST OF THESE REVIEWS HAVE OWNERS WHO HAVE NOT EVEN HIT THE 75,000 MILE MARK. SORRY I BOUGHT THE CAR TO DRIVE... NOT TO JUST CRUISE ONCE A MONTH DOWN THE BLOCK AND THEN PARK IN MY GARAGE UNTIL NEXT MONTH.

SIXTH BOUGHT MY 2004 NISSAN Z IN WORSE CONDITIONS THAN THIS JAG WHEN I PURCHASED AND IT NEEDED NOTHING BUT BRAKES AND AN OIL CHANGE FOR THE 4 YEARS I OWNED IT WITH EVEN HIGHER MILES AND 5 OWNERS.

I HAVE TALKED WITH A LOT OF OTHER OWNERS FACE TO FACE WHO SAID THEY HAVE HAD TO REPLACE ENGINES AS WELL.

ANOTHER SAID HES IN THE SHOP AT LEAST EVERY OTHER MONTH FOR A BENT OR CRACKED RIM OR A NEW TIRE.

BEAUTIFUL CAR AND I LOVE WHAT IT DOES BUT THAT DOES NOT CHANGE QUALITY... MY CLK55 HAD ALMOST 144,000 MILES BEFORE I HAD TO REPLACE THE WATER PUMP AND THE TRANNY STARTED SLIPPING THIS XKR ONLY EVEN HALF WAY THERE AND IS ALMOST FULLY REBUILT DUE TO QUALITY ...

Even the trade value on these are HORRRRRRRIBLE!!!!! Even The sales manager at jaguar said they had upgraded mechanics and systems that could have been placed in the XKs years before it discontinued but Ford did not want to put the more expensive upgrades to the crap they built on a outgoing model that they had already had a cheap price to sell for CHEAP TO DEALERS. This is why the F-Type is so expensive because now because it has a way better setup.
SORRY MY RECOMMENDATION IS NOT TO BUY ANY XK MODEL UNLESS ITS A XKR-S FOR COLLECTABLE REASON. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ITS HISTORY IN CORRELATION TO MY "HANDLING AS A BUYER" I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER. IVE OWNED ABOUT 6 EXOTICS AND THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST AS FAR AS RELIABILITY IS CONCERNED.

BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Old 09-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Banned

So to show any sort of credence on what you state here you'll have no problem posting copies of your receipts showing the supposed snapped axle, the engine replacement, etc right? Seeing that you've been here for all of maybe 4 posts now why would we not have total faith in all that you've written as it just seems to follow along the obvious lines that we've all experienced. I mean it's not like a X150 XK could put maybe 290K miles on it and be a reliable car, that would be impossible right? And if you look at this forum you'll see the many posts of all the dissatisfied people replacing their engines right at exactly the same miles as you claim, most X150 customers have their own stall at the dealerships for the repeated times we are forced to go there, in fact most just buy another X150 for parts cars to keep one running. How dare anyone put 20" wheels on a car meant for potholes! No doubt you did your due-diligence on your purchase and everything you clearly fell victim to is the direct and sole responsibility of Jaguar right??? And by the way I think you got your keyboard from the same seller as your supposed car as the caps button seems to be faulty, may want to have that looked at or you could take it back 10x to where you got it then write on a forum about how terrible they were... just thinking out loud.

The following 5 users liked this post by Leeper:
1 of 19 (09-14-2016), Cee Jay (09-14-2016), kj07xk (09-14-2016), richzak (09-14-2016), SilvrSurfer (06-10-2019)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:27 PM

CLEARLY YOUR JUSTIFYING THIS CAR FOR WHAT REASONS TORESPOND TO MY EXPERIENCE IN SUCH A MANNER?

THESE ARE MY EXPERIENCES AND YES I WENT TO THE DEALER ON OCCASIONS AND YES I HAVE BEEN TO OTHER SHOPS FOR BETTER PRICING. MY NEW ENGINE WAS PULLED OF A XKR THAT WAS REAR ENDED AND I PURCHASED OFF EBAY FOR $4000 AND PAID $3000 TO HAVE ANOTHER SPECIALIST SHOP INSTALL. FEEL FREE TO "CALL CAPITOL HILL AUTO SERVICE CENTER" IN WASHINGTON DC AND ASK THERE ADVICE AND EXPERIENCE WORKING ON A XKR!!!!! IM SURE THEY WILL HAVE A EARFUL FOR YOU SINCE YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

THEN CAL JAGUAR OF TYSONS CORNER AND THEN ASK TO SPEAK TO SASHA AND ASK TO SPEAK TO SASHA THE SERVICE ADVISOR. WHEN YOU DO JUST ASK WHAT WORK HAS BEEN DONE TO THE 2007 XKR MR Ingram OWNS AS YOUR LOOKING TO BUY FROM ME.

I HAVE GIVEN YOU 2 REFERENCES TO CONTACT... SO YOUR ASSUMING BULL CRAP IS WAY OUT OF BOUNDS...

Old 09-14-2016, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,247 Likes on 1,361 Posts

The X150 in addition to its gorgeous looks, is known as an extremely reliable and durable car. The faults that this owner has claimed suggest that this particular car has been very badly abused. Interior trim does not fall off these cars; grilles do not fall off these cars; the axles to not crack in half....but if a car has been mistreated by the way it has been driven, over surfaces that are very rough at speeds that any sensible person would avoid, well, something will happen. The complaints about the front suspension, cracked rims, trim falling off...all reveal abuse by the driver, and yes, sometimes rectifying what amounts to accident damage can by a problem
So what was the cause of the engine failure? Was it tied to a coolant loss and continued driving while it was overheating? Was the differential one of those within a specific VIN range that had swarf and should have been replaced under warranty? ....

Old 09-14-2016, 04:31 PM

So to show any sort of credence on what you state here you'll have no problem posting copies of your receipts showing the supposed snapped axle, the engine replacement, etc right? Seeing that you've been here for all of maybe 4 posts now why would we not have total faith in all that you've written as it just seems to follow along the obvious lines that we've all experienced. I mean it's not like a X150 XK could put maybe 290K miles on it and be a reliable car, that would be impossible right? And if you look at this forum you'll see the many posts of all the dissatisfied people replacing their engines right at exactly the same miles as you claim, most X150 customers have their own stall at the dealerships for the repeated times we are forced to go there, in fact most just buy another X150 for parts cars to keep one running. How dare anyone put 20" wheels on a car meant for potholes! No doubt you did your due-diligence on your purchase and everything you clearly fell victim to is the direct and sole responsibility of Jaguar right??? And by the way I think you got your keyboard from the same seller as your supposed car as the caps button seems to be faulty, may want to have that looked at or you could take it back 10x to where you got it then write on a forum about how terrible they were... just thinking out loud.

Some of you must be jag sales reps because somes have detested everything I have said about this car. I shared my experience as a owner... and as a owner of 3 AMGs, Maserati, 2 Nismo Zs, and a ZO6 corvette in comparison the reliability has been crap. I have the right to compare them all. the maintenance items on my AMGs where DOUBLE what this jag is but did not have any major suspension or engine failures and roof falling apart.....and with twice the mileage of this XK. Yes if it seems I'm complaining I have every right since its my money spent!... I came to share my experience not argue THE VALIDITY or why I purchased a car with such wheels it had and complained after......if people look up the rliability this is what i as a owner had to face and that is fact... I gave you answers to the history and references to call if you so need.... its informative for those who are shopping for it...BEWARE......

please do keep in mind Im not talking about all jags .. .I just sold a 1986 xj6 that had 165k original miles and ran like a top!

Jaguar XJ6 | eBay

Only sold it because the tranny went out and i drive the XK most of the time so it was sitting (when its not in the shop). My reason for my post is specifically targeted at the XK model and my experience with its reliability and problems.

Old 09-14-2016, 05:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,993 Likes on 1,333 Posts

Ok, so you've got problem car on your hands, but that is not the norm that has been reported on this forum. A short time ago, there was a thread about an XK that was spotted for sale, with more than 290,000 miles on it:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...les-xk-168206/

If you read the CarFax for that car, you'll see that it was driven over 2000 miles per month by the original owner, was regularly maintained by a Jag dealer, and there were no major issues, just burning through brake pads on a regular basis.
Do you think that owner would have kept it that long if it was going through the problems you have been having? Not likely.

Yes, there have been a couple of other cars that had recurring issues, that showed up up not long after the 'new' owner took possession of the car (Lothar?),
but if you read the threads of this forum, from the many contributors, you'll find that almost all are happy campers.

As far as potholes go, you just take your chances. I put two major bends in a 17" wheel on my Lexus, but I can't wait to install the 20" Senta's on my XK to replace the 19" Carellia's that are on there now.

Instead of being pissed at your Jag, you should be screaming bloody murder at your local government for allowing your roads to be so crappy. Start filing some damage claims against them.

Sean W (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 06:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by totalpakaj
Some of you must be jag sales reps because somes have detested everything I have said about this car.
That statement alone after an all day rant sums it up. Really. Leeper, I just knew you were gonna have fun with this one. totalpakaj have a nice day.

Old 09-14-2016, 07:15 PM
Banned

Glad I didn't let you down 1 of 19, happy to oblige

Old 09-14-2016, 08:16 PM
Veteran Member

I just don't know why someone would fess up an additional $16,000+ on any car he'd just paid $22,000 for. I also don't understand how that $22k purchase price would be irrelevant, as any decent 2007 XKR would be above that by $5k at least.

Old 09-14-2016, 08:40 PM
Banned

You're forgetting CeeJay, it's the cars and Jaguars fault, he's just a victim... perhaps we could start a "fundme" for him. I'll offer to give some sand if it will help to fill one of those potholes

Old 09-14-2016, 09:02 PM
Veteran Member

You're forgetting Cee Jay, it's the cars and Jaguars fault, he's just a victim... perhaps we could start a "gofundme" for him. I'll offer to give some sand if it will help to fill one of those potholes
"bag of sand"..... heh heh heh......
Yeah, that's slang for 1000 BPS. Don't think I'll do that.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:29 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Traded a cl550 2010 for my 2013 XK . LOVE THE CAR.
CL is costly to own. And huge. No regrets

Old 09-15-2016, 07:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,209 Likes on 915 Posts

I know I'm late to the party, but, didn't the op ever hear of an independent third party inspection prior to purchase?

Old 09-16-2016, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by ralphwg
I know I'm late to the party, but, didn't the op ever hear of an independent third party inspection prior to purchase?

nah I should have looking back but I purchased from a Jaguar dealer so assumed it would be in top shape from them.

UPDATE ... the car is STILLLL in the shop (dropped off last Wednesday) because they cant figure out why the steering system after all this time has been off....they have this week had all 4 rims sent to a shop to ensure they are not bent and placed them back on the car. waiting on them to look over it AGAIN because that still didn't fix the shaking steering at highway speed and uneven feel to the steering.

When I get the car back I will DEFINITELY upload the receipts and records from my ownership. I'm sure others who claim these cars are flawless will then find some other BS excuse why its been crap.

btw VIN # S A J W A 4 3 C 5 7 9 B 1 6 4 6 8

THERE IS MY VIN Number
Cheeers!

Old 09-16-2016, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

totalpakaj nobody is going to stop following this thread trust me. It has everybody's attention. So just pick one thread to respond to and that way no need for you to waste your time duplicating your response.

Last edited by 1 of 19; 09-16-2016 at 05:25 PM.
ralphwg (09-17-2016)

Quick Reply: 2007-2009 XK Problems?