XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 Jaguar XKR Senta wheels - factory colors options?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 01:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question 2007 Jaguar XKR Senta wheels - factory colors options?

I'm curious if it was possible to choose the color of the rims when purchasing the Jaguar XKR (4.2 supercharged).
I found a set of graphite rims with a satin finish (not glossy or matte). The seller assures that the rims are original, but I have never seen any other color than silver on a brand new Jaguar.

Old 10-10-2023, 02:03 PM
Received 99 Likes on 45 Posts

My 07 XKR came with chrome Sentas from the factory.

The following users liked this post:
roarr (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Offered only in chrome and sparkle silver.

roarr (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 05:18 PM
Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Chrome wheels have never been available on Europe :-(
Theyr would be so pretty on my green XKR!
we only had the mettalic grey paint as choice.

roarr (10-10-2023)
Old 10-12-2023, 06:37 AM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,103 Likes on 776 Posts

@Tiepolo , I humbly disagree;-). The “understatedness” of Jaguar Racing Green coupled with the matte silver (ok, ok, I do have the optional hood vents with the thin chrome stripe, to match the thin chrome stripe on the side vents) is precisely that which draws attention to the entire car.

Cheers.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by guy
@Tiepolo , I humbly disagree;-). The “understatedness” of Jaguar Racing Green coupled with the matte silver (ok, ok, I do have the optional hood vents with the thin chrome stripe, to match the thin chrome stripe on the side vents) is precisely that which draws attention to the entire car.

Cheers.
There's no such things as matte silver here. There has not been any choice in the finish of the wheels.Only the average grey mettalic paint.The same one as on Fiat or Renault.. I'm not usually fan of tunning stuff but mosts of the wheels I see available in the US looks beautiful to me..>I guess it's because the average grey colour we see everywhere is boring.

Old 10-13-2023, 07:44 AM
Received 209 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Tiepolo
There's no such things as matte silver here. There has not been any choice in the finish of the wheels.Only the average grey mettalic paint.The same one as on Fiat or Renault.. I'm not usually fan of tunning stuff but mosts of the wheels I see available in the US looks beautiful to me..>I guess it's because the average grey colour we see everywhere is boring.
...so you're saying this colour alloy wheel is not available in France:

Old 10-13-2023, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

There’s a bit of a misunderstanding here…..

The Senta wheel was only offered in two finishes from Jaguar, sparkle silver and chrome. All painted wheels are offered in the same gloss clear coat finish. However over time with the use of caustic wheel cleaners, the gloss finish will become matte. Since I’ve always maintained my painted wheels with wax just like the body work, I’ve managed to retain the factory gloss finish.

The following 2 users liked this post by jahummer:
roarr (10-14-2023), Tiepolo (10-13-2023)
Old 10-13-2023, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by jahummer

The Senta wheel was only offered in two finishes from Jaguar, sparkle silver and chrome. All painted wheels are offered in the same gloss clear coat finish. However over time with the use of caustic wheel cleaners, the gloss finish will become matte. Since I’ve always maintained my painted wheels with wax just like the body work, I’ve managed to retain the factory gloss finish.
It's funny you mentioning this, @jahummer . The dealer that sold me my car had the alloys refurbished to a high standard. I wash them by hand with car soap and a sponge (apart from one disastrous experiment with a spray cleaner). Right now they still have that 'new' look to them and I've been wondering if I should put something on them to protect that. Just car wax, you say? I confess I'm a bit of a stranger to wax. I use Autoglym Super Resin Polish followed by Autoglym Extra Gloss Sealant on the bodywork and lights.

Old 10-13-2023, 09:04 AM

That's the usual mettalic grey.
Isn't it????
Mine have the same color... So are all of the XK OEM wheels I see in France and Germany ...
We had no choice as far as I know.

Old 10-13-2023, 09:06 AM

We didn't have the Chrome in Europe. Just the silver paint.

Old 10-13-2023, 09:23 AM

That's the usual mettalic grey.
Isn't it????
Mine have the same color... So are all of the XK OEM wheels I see in France and Germany ...
We had no choice as far as I know.
The car's grey. The wheels are silver, to my eyes. As for the 'matte' part, jahummer has covered that. My previous picture was taken in the shade. Try this:

Old 10-13-2023, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member

We didn't have the Chrome in Europe. Just the silver paint.
Right, chrome was regional and paint was/is silver, not grey.

Old 10-13-2023, 03:56 PM

Right, chrome was regional and paint was/is silver, not grey.
I wish they really used a silver paint...I love my car but really the color of the wheels looks cheap to me...Sane grey as on any other car.
But, back in these quite old days I admit having 20" was already something rare.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

The Senta wheel was only offered in two finishes from Jaguar, sparkle silver and chrome.
There is only one type of Senta officially listed and that is the silver one. There isn't a chrome one listed in the parts system nor in the main US brochures or accessories brochures so I suspect that the chroming was arranged locally by dealers.

Tiepolo (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by u102768
There is only one type of Senta officially listed and that is the silver one. There isn't a chrome one listed in the parts system nor in the main US brochures or accessories brochures so I suspect that the chroming was arranged locally by dealers.
Now that would make complete sense to me. Chrome alloys always seemed to me to be peculiar to North American tastes. It's all in the eye of the beholder of course but personally I don't like chrome wheels. Mind you, what really baffles me is putting wire wheels on modern cars...

Since alloys are often seen refurbished in, for example, dark grey it seems to me @Tiepolo you could have your alloys refurbed in whatever colour you fancied.

Tiepolo (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by justinhill
Now that would make complete sense to me. Chrome alloys always seemed to me to be peculiar to North American tastes. It's all in the eye of the beholder of course but personally I don't like chrome wheels. Mind you, what really baffles me is putting wire wheels on modern cars...

Since alloys are often seen refurbished in, for example, dark grey it seems to me @Tiepolo you could have your alloys refurbed in whatever colour you fancied.
I'm in fact thinking about it...
Mine are in an exceptionally good shape despite the mileage but even though I would not dare the Chrome wheels here (maybe in California I would) I wish they had more silver in them .
(I do collect silversmith, that's why to me the paint is definitely a grey more than a silver, whatever the marketing service calls them).
They dont even reflect the light in the sun.
But once again automotive paints have evolved greatly since the car was out.
I wonder if anyone has painted its wheels some other tones over there?