XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK Service/Maintenance Costs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,227 Likes on 2,370 Posts

Totalpakaj, what are you trying to accomplish here?

The defects of these cars are well documented and few and far between. Your complaints read like you have a lemon. It also reads like you beat your cars into the ground.

I could comment point by point but you have your mind made up.

You hate your car. Confirmed
It's a piece of crap - it's not you, it's the car. Confirmed
Nothing will change your mind and you have the bills to prove it. Confirmed
You've made your complaints known to this group. Confirmed
Richard gave you sound advice - sell your car. Confirmed
Since your Nissan is far superior, invest in another.

Is there anything specific we can help you with?

Last edited by Sean W; 09-14-2016 at 05:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
Cee Jay (09-14-2016), kj07xk (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

Come on guys no more feeding the troll.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (09-14-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 07:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Totalpakaj, what are you trying to accomplish here?

The defects of these cars are well documented and few and far between. Your complaints read like you have a lemon. It also reads like you beat your cars into the ground.

I could comment point by point but you have your mind made up.

You hate your car. Confirmed
It's a piece of crap - it's not you, it's the car. Confirmed
Nothing will change your mind and you have the bills to prove it. Confirmed
You've made your complaints known to this group. Confirmed
Richard gave you sound advice - sell your car. Confirmed
Since your Nissan is far superior, invest in another.

Is there anything specific we can help you with?
My message was clear ... this forum is asked about cost and maintenance... I shared my ownership... and instead of just saying "wow some of have not had that experience... or ask more questions to figure out why it's gotten to this point... some of you deny my experience... and are NASTY ABOUT IT. It's my car and my experience... instead people are worried about am I using caps on my messages or if my finances are on the up because sold my old jag for quick cash...... I WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE FOR OTHERS TO SEE THE POSSIBLE COST AND MAINTENANCE FOR OWNING THIS CAR.....

I came to this forum before I purchased and saw good reviews of this car .... I loved the thing but it has stayed in the sup and cost immensely. If people have problems with this thing they should be free to voice their experiences with it... not get bashed for it.... I wrote my response so that when someone looks this up they can see in realty someone has had serious issues with this car. Not to argue about me using Caps or how much I paid for it or calling me names.... some need to really grow up on here....

Old 09-14-2016, 07:35 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

When someone is caught stealing or lying it is VERY common to have a reaction that is quite emotional where they "project", deny, and counter-accuse... such is the case with you it would seem. Until such time that you provide receipts for what you claim many of us just see you as a troll getting your jollies for whatever reason we really don't care. This will likely play out two ways:

1 - you come up with a convenient reason why you cannot provide any factual proof of your claims, this is the likely case but you won';t go away quietly you'll try a "scorched-earth" method which is the way your posts have been heading

2 - You will somehow post up receipts that show the axle replacement, engine replacement for $7000 at which point myself and others will then apologize for doubting that this did not happen to you but then you will certainly hear how incredibly ignorant you were for buying such a POS in the first place then continued to make things worse all the while blaming the car for your complete absence of using the slightest logic prior to the sale then exacerbating every mistake to the highest degree parlaying your bad choices supposedly, as you claim, visiting the dealership ten times and it's still not right. There are some clever people on this forum but i doubt anyone could even begin to make up a story so ridiculous... in some ways I actually hope it's true.

In the end this is clearly a troll, and not even a good one at that.

There have been rare instances where there's been issues, Lother comes to mind for one, but no where did he ever exacerbate his problems, act emotionally (even though at times it would have been expected), rather he posted such that there was a learning lesson for others including Jaguar... that's how mature adults act when faced with adversity. Others have had situations where either the car let them down somehow or a dealership left them unhappy, no one has come here crying and screaming like a teen girl on her period demanding attention, writing i caps like a juvenile, making preposterous claims, then solely blamed everyone/everything but themselves... you are certainly one of a kind. Maybe provide us with you VIN# so we can check to see what the prior mechanical records and ownerships look like then actually verify that this car exists... that would be a start... it would also let others know to stay the hell away from your car or hire an exorcist if they happen to get stuck with that POS

btw - your caps button is stuck again, try some compressed air or electrical contact cleaner that should help

Last edited by Leeper; 09-14-2016 at 07:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Leeper:
Cee Jay (09-14-2016), mosesbotbol (09-16-2016)
Old 09-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Received 2,263 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Originally Posted by totalpakaj
My message was clear ... this forum is asked about cost and maintenance... ....
Actually, no. Irrespective of your conduct, nobody asked to dig up dead two lond in the grave threads for a re-thrash.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...oblems-116151/

Old 09-16-2016, 01:29 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

Since doubting his extremely dubious claims from the get-go I've requested the VIN# (If said car actually existed the VIN would show the history of the car including the purchase date which could prove or disprove a recent sale being made but might also show the maintenance history) of his supposed problematic car as well as posting any of the many claimed repairs he has been completely radio silent... anyone here shocked??? He said the receipts were in his car and that was days ago, would he still not have access to the VIN#?

I used to always take what people would say as honest then happily offer assistance but far too often I became disappointed in finding the majority were not worthwhile recipients which spoils it for those who are. In this case it was so easy to read right through the numerous and gaping holes in his story so I flat-out called him out as a liar and troll. Sadly it is people like that who tarnish the others who come here with hopes of adding something positive or gaining useful insights from the wealth of knowledge on forums like this which perhaps was his ultimate goal. Why he would take the time in his day to write such dribble which could possibly cause concern with a potential buyer is pitiful on his part fortunately those with the means and intellect to actually look into buying a X150 will likely search the many pages here only to find how rock solid these cars are. There were still many here who thought they'd try to reason with this yahoo and address his posts as though there was the least bit of credence to it, that is simply "feeding the trolls" and encouraging this behavior to continue. What his beef is with Jag, and this forum, who knows as it could be a multitude of reasons none of which are good.

Signed,

"Jaguar rep" Leeper
Certified professional online backer and defendant of all things Jaguar

Old 09-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,994 Likes on 1,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeper
Signed,

"Jaguar rep" Leeper

Old 09-16-2016, 02:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeper
Since doubting his extremely dubious claims from the get-go I've requested the VIN# (If said car actually existed the VIN would show the history of the car including the purchase date which could prove or disprove a recent sale being made but might also show the maintenance history) of his supposed problematic car as well as posting any of the many claimed repairs he has been completely radio silent... anyone here shocked??? He said the receipts were in his car and that was days ago, would he still not have access to the VIN#?

I used to always take what people would say as honest then happily offer assistance but far too often I became disappointed in finding the majority were not worthwhile recipients which spoils it for those who are. In this case it was so easy to read right through the numerous and gaping holes in his story so I flat-out called him out as a liar and troll. Sadly it is people like that who tarnish the others who come here with hopes of adding something positive or gaining useful insights from the wealth of knowledge on forums like this which perhaps was his ultimate goal. Why he would take the time in his day to write such dribble which could possibly cause concern with a potential buyer is pitiful on his part fortunately those with the means and intellect to actually look into buying a X150 will likely search the many pages here only to find how rock solid these cars are. There were still many here who thought they'd try to reason with this yahoo and address his posts as though there was the least bit of credence to it, that is simply "feeding the trolls" and encouraging this behavior to continue. What his beef is with Jag, and this forum, who knows as it could be a multitude of reasons none of which are good.

Signed,

"Jaguar rep" Leeper

Glad you have revealed yourself Leeper (Jaguars mystery sales retention representative)
UPDATE ... the car is STILLLL in the shop (dropped off last wedensday) because they cant figure out why the steering system after all this time has been off....they have this week had all 4 rims sent to a shop to ensure they are not bent and placed them back on the car. waiting on them to look over it AGAIN because that still didn't fix the shaking steering at highway speed and uneven feel to the steering.

When I get the car back I will DEFINITELY upload the receipts and records from my ownership. I'm sure Leeper and others who claim these cars are flawless will then find some other BS excuse why its been crap.

btw VIN # S A J W A 4 3 C 5 7 9 B 1 6 4 6 8

THERE IS MY VIN Number
Cheeers!

Old 09-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Be curious to see what the car's history is...

Old 09-16-2016, 04:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 735 Likes on 470 Posts

totalpakaj if you and your claims are legit and all that has happened to the car is as you have stated and verifiable I will be the first on the humble wagon. But your claims seem over the top. How in the heck do you snap an axel? That however does not take away from the fact you dig up a 4 year old thread and totally go off... in CAPS. And then try and indicate caps don't matter and on and on and on. Do you really think a Jaguar rep gives a flying flip about a 10 year old jag? Really? If I were in your position I would read a bunch of posts and figure out how to present your issue's without screaming at everybody. You come off very odd. You asked why such a unfriendly reception this is just part of why. My two cents.

Last edited by 1 of 19; 09-16-2016 at 05:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (09-17-2016)