XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XKR Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 477 Posts

I have no idea what the customer is using to be honest as a spare, I don't think it has actually occured to him

Old 07-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,266 Likes on 3,441 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
I have no idea what the customer is using to be honest as a spare, I don't think it has actually occured to him
You might want to bring this to your customer's attention, so he doesn't blame you if he gets a flat and finds that his spare doesn't fit. If you still have his car, you might want to see if the spare will fit using a spacer. If it doesn't, he will need to get a 12v inflator and a can of fix-a-flat. Either way, you just made another sale and kept your customer happy .

Old 10-23-2011, 11:24 AM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Nice car. I wonder could I pick your brains for a moment please?

Is your exhaust standard, with just a switch off and on for fuse F19?. If so why fit a relay to it?
The exhaust is loud with the fuse removed. I have looked at after market exhausts but for £1200 pounds can't make my mind up if they are worth it. I prefer the larger tips on the 2010 exhausts. The fuse is a better option, and you can send it back to silent mode with a flick of a switch.

Also what is the cost of the up graded brakes? Did you buy from Jaguar or know of another supplier? I have looked to no avail. Last of all, the 2010 bumper and spoiler I would think is a straight swap. Lots on e bay. This interests me with day drive lamps in. The rear spoiler is steeper; do you know if the convertible is the same item?
Bob

Old 10-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Aftermarket active exhaust
I fitted a relay just for safeties sake
Brakes, I sourced from people I know in the trade, I have a set fitted to my XK track car, but as an idea you will be looking at about £3K fitted, if you go to a dealer, which I am pretty certain they don't supply anymore but I am not 100%, double my price.

And no I dont have any at the moment

Front bumper does swap but you will also need the undertray
Rear spoiler is from the Aero Pack and swaps to either coupe or convertible

Old 10-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

HI, Thanks for the info. Found the brake kit £3750 supply only.
Bob

Old 02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Noticed the LEDs in the side air scoops. Any source info available so I can duplicate on my 2010xk ??

Old 02-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Veteran Member

Adamesh...... Startech also do a set but 3 times the price

Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hava an 08 XK conv. If I can find the new style front end w/ parkin sensors and w/o foglights, can this be fitted to my car? It looks like you did this mod successfully.

Old 02-12-2012, 05:34 AM
Veteran Member

The 2011 front can be fitted to all years from 2006-20010 either convertible or coupe, all you will have to change is the undertray

Old 04-02-2012, 10:55 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Very nice! Where did you find the wheels?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member

Ebay

Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just finished this X150, below is everything I have fitted

XKRS rear spoiler fitted

XKRS Rear diffuser

XKR60 Side Sill Covers (Style Pack)

All black grilles

XKRS 2011 Front bumper and splitter

New exhaust system

Bespoke Induction system using 2 CDAs

Exhaust baffle switch fitted

Alcon 6 pot brakes fitted 400mm discs front and Alcon rears with the brembo handbrake caliper

Smaller supercharger pulley

Front DRLs

Front parking sensors

Below is a pic of where I fitted the switches on the roof light and how I wired them up, the switches have LEDs in them, using reverse relays meant the LEDs would light up when the power to the baffles was switched off.
The switch on the right is for the baffles (nearest the driver in the UK) the other switch is for the front parking sensor. The headlining was covered in Alcantara and the light assembly painted, a new roof ligh costs $750

This is the fuse box sitting behind the rear seat, you can see where we attached the wires into fuse 19 going to the relay on the left and then through the cabin to the switch

XKRS Vortex wheels were fitted and painted in Anthracite, you see the caliper and disc quite well in this pic

I am quite happy with the outcome
I know you're happy and it does look good but if there is one thing IO would change it would be the wheels. Those are nice but you went through all the trouble to put your car on another level but use wheels that hold it back. They aren't aggressive enough. They look like nice luxury car wheels. Nice wheels just isn't enough for what you have created. I would put something on with ample lips in the rear and less spokes. Something more open and aggressive.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
Veteran Member

Customers choice, I dont think dished wheels suit the X150, the wheels chosen are what is fitted to the XKRS, the only thing I would of done was had the faces diamond turned

Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM

Customers choice, I dont think dished wheels suit the X150, the wheels chosen are what is fitted to the XKRS, the only thing I would of done was had the faces diamond turned
What cars do they suit if not a sport coupe?

Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Dished wheels are more old skool and dont necessarily suit modern cars, the X100 got away with it but not so sure about X150

I also would not describe them as a sports car...... definately a GT

Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM

Dished wheels are more old skool and dont necessarily suit modern cars, the X100 got away with it but not so sure about X150

I also would not describe them as a sports car...... definately a GT
Since there are no official rules or guidelines, this is your opinion. I hate when people make statements without prefacing them as opinions. Then uninformed, more pliable people see it and think it's truth. Nothing wrong with your opinion and I have nothing against you liking what you like.

More accurately, non-lipped wheels are the latest fad. That doesn't make it more befitting modern applications. There are just more choices now.

In my opinion, wheels without lips look oem. When i mod I want the car to look modded but not too over-the-top. Six inch lips are too much for me but 3 to 5 in the rear is fine depending on the car.

Nice lips will never be old skool. It's a constant. It is the non-lipped wheels that continue to come in and out of style. Been that way since I've been into cars and that's 30-something years.

When I spend thousands for a mod like wheels, I want maximum effect. Custom built wheels with shiny lips do that best. I don't want my money used for something that fades away or blends in too much to be noticed. That's my thing. What is a fact is the wheels I describe do stand out more. It's just a personal choice whether people like it or not.

I also choose not to follow latest fads. Never have, never will. I have reasoned out that custom-lipped wheels gives me the best bang for my buck and that's my choice. But it is not outdated or old.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Here's one of my 2 cars. No way anyone can convince me that wheels like this are outdated. Something similar will go on my XKR. If it is old skool then I'll be an old-skool-wheel-playing-dude.

Old 04-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by ice350
Since there are no official rules or guidelines, this is your opinion.
As is what you said about that XKR needing wheels with lips. Why would you tell someone what kind wheels they should have?

By the way, lips/deep dish look mostly ugly, in my opinion.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by SteveM
As is what you said about that XKR needing wheels with lips. Why would you tell someone what kind wheels they should have?

By the way, lips/deep dish look mostly ugly, in my opinion.
I will not resort to infantile, back and forth silliness. I clearly preferenced my view as my opinion and I never tell people what they should do. I rarely even use the word should.

This is a public forum for opinions...none of which is meant to result in harsh words like "ugly" being used. I certainly did not intend to hurt your feelings and apologize if I did.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts

You gave your opinion on the wheels. When XKracer came back with his thoughts on your suggestion, you got your panties in a twist about his opinion. As if he's not entitled to his opinion.
I'm sorry you got your fragile sensibilities hurt by my 'harsh' description of certain wheels, which I clearly stated was my opinion. It's not like I called your child ugly, just wheels.

In your view, it seems opinions are fine unless they contradict yours.

Quick Reply: 2007 XKR Mods