35.00%
Convertible
65.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Registry

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 05:38 AM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks very much for input. I've seen this one, but haven't tried as yet.

Old 10-16-2021, 07:15 AM
Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Great day at the British Invasion - British Classic Motorcar Show in Stow VT this year. Our 2008 XKR Portfolio beat out a 2013 XKR to take First Place/Best in Class (X100's and X150's) this year.

The following 3 users liked this post by Knomad:
blacktopgypsy (10-17-2021), DAWells23 (10-18-2021), RedRider48 (10-16-2021)
Old 03-21-2022, 01:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Very proud new owners

We purchased our amazing XKR MY 2008 Portfolio only a month ago. Wheels had been replaced with XJR Farallon alloys prior to purchase, it looks amazing! Keen to find out how many are in New Zealand. 34,000km ex Japan.

The following users liked this post:
GaryM (07-09-2022)
Old 03-21-2022, 01:51 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations on your purchase. I have had my 2008 celestial black XKR portfolio for about 10 years now. It has been an amazing car especially on long road trips. This last September we drove all across Canada from the Pacific to the Atlantic and back. The car has about 60,000 km on it now and they have been trouble free.

Old 03-21-2022, 02:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blacktopgypsy
Congratulations on your purchase. I have had my 2008 celestial black XKR portfolio for about 10 years now. It has been an amazing car especially on long road trips. This last September we drove all across Canada from the Pacific to the Atlantic and back. The car has about 60,000 km on it now and they have been trouble free.
Beautiful! We are enjoying weekend trips currently and looking forward to taking some more time over Easter to explore more of the South Island, NZ.

Old 03-21-2022, 08:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by Louieandberyl
Keen to find out how many are in New Zealand.
From what I can see in the data published by NZTA this is the breakdown for 4.2 litre X150 XKR's:

4 x 2006
62 x 2007
30 x 2008
9 x 2009

Old 03-21-2022, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,390 Likes on 3,501 Posts

Originally Posted by u102768
From what I can see in the data published by NZTA this is the breakdown for 4.2 litre X150 XKR's:

4 x 2006
62 x 2007
30 x 2008
9 x 2009
You list 4 model years, which I believe is incorrect. The 4.2L X150 was produced over 3 model years. So, if the first model year was 2006, then 2008 would be the last model year of the 4.2L. 2009 would be the first 5.0L model year.

In North America, 2007 was the first X150 MY and the last 4.2L MY was 2009. The 5.0L began with the 2010 MY.

Confused? That depends on what the word "Year" means - model year, registration year, or calendar year. To clear the year, have no fear and look here: (Sorry, couldn't resist)

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...n-year-213607/

In North America, all 4.2L 2008 XKR Portfolio models were Celestial Black, just like Louisandberyl's. The North American 4.2L 2009 XKR Portfolio models were Shadow Gray. That makes me think that the NZTA data for 2006 is incorrect and is for the previous X100.

Does it really matter?

Old 03-22-2022, 07:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

I know but I didn't mention model year

Those are registration years as that is what is used in New Zealand and I filtered out the X100 and 5 litre cars by either VIN or engine size.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,390 Likes on 3,501 Posts

It still is confusing. RY doesn't make sense.

Old 06-04-2022, 10:50 PM
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default new 2008 XKR Portfolio owner

Hello,
I'll add on to this thread as I am the new owner of a 2008 XKR Portfolio, black interior, wood trim, ~25000 miles. All OEM. Low miles, but time hasn't been kind, or the previous owner.
Needs TLC as it sat a lot over the last 10 years and previous owner neglected a few issues- leaks, suspension boots, etc. I'm in the process of working through them, but it's at least drivable now.
A question for other owners, did this car come with a front air dam on the front splash shield? I noticed it has a raised ridge that runs along the entire rounded front edge that looked scraped down. And, it also has a semi-circular set of holes with threaded inserts that looks like something was attached there. I've looked through photos and parts catalogues and can't get a definitive answer yet. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Old 06-05-2022, 07:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by mizzleman
Hello,
I'll add on to this thread as I am the new owner of a 2008 XKR Portfolio, black interior, wood trim, ~25000 miles. All OEM. Low miles, but time hasn't been kind, or the previous owner.
Needs TLC as it sat a lot over the last 10 years and previous owner neglected a few issues- leaks, suspension boots, etc. I'm in the process of working through them, but it's at least drivable now.
A question for other owners, did this car come with a front air dam on the front splash shield? I noticed it has a raised ridge that runs along the entire rounded front edge that looked scraped down. And, it also has a semi-circular set of holes with threaded inserts that looks like something was attached there. I've looked through photos and parts catalogues and can't get a definitive answer yet. Any info is appreciated. Thank you.

Hello New owner,
I have the same model with 45K miles. I have not seen any models with "air dams" as well. Actually would be leery do to the low profile and contact with traffic "calming" strips. Appears your Cat was really neglected. Mine is a convertible.

Last edited by RedRider48; 06-05-2022 at 07:17 AM. Reason: omitted info
Old 06-06-2022, 09:30 PM

Looks good and thanks for the reply. I'll assume then that the front lip was a little bit longer before it got scraped down, there is paint missing on the bottom of the bumper cover at both corners.....previous owner not paying attention to a driveway I guess...
Forgot to mention, mine is the coupe.
Luckily, I have 2 things going for it. First it was garaged kept and had a genuine Jaguar cover that came with the car when I bought it, so aesthetically for the most part, it looks great. Second, all the issues I've found are known issues that the PO chose not to address Fortunately, there is a solution for on this forum for all of them. This forum was one of the reasons I chose the Jaguar over other sports cars I was considering. You guys on the forum are awesome!

Old 06-13-2022, 03:53 AM
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mizzleman
Hello,
Don't know of any air dam. Here's the underside of mine, '08 XKR Portfolio Coupe and it's original as far as I know. Sorry in advance for the pics, only ones I had on hand.

Old 06-14-2022, 11:51 AM

Thanks for the pictures.
What are the "L" shaped brackets on the bottom of the splash shield? My car doesn't have those at all...

Old 06-14-2022, 11:56 AM
Received 80 Likes on 44 Posts

No trouble.
As far as I know, they are there to direct air to help cool the brakes. I think.

Someone may correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 07-09-2022, 04:57 AM
Received 88 Likes on 25 Posts

Love the rims, looks great and the body work looks mint.

Edit to add... posting error.... I'm referring to Louie and Beryl, post #123

Think I saw this car for sale early this year on TM and the owner had two sets of rims going with the car, the other set were Senta's?

What is the body colour, looks like Celestial black...?

Mine is a MY 2008 portfolio in Celestial black with Cremona 20" rims, Alcon brake package,ACC ,black interior.

Second one for me, first was a XKR MY 2008 also black on black but with Midnight black body and 19" Jupiters, sadly this car met an tragic end in 2020

I miss that car...Midnight black is my personal favourite colour on these cars. Unfortunately there's never many of these to choose from when you're buying so compromise is a necessary evil. Celestial black was the biggest compromise, also would have preferred Senta rims but likewise not easy to find.

Heres a couple of pics of the two I have owned in past 3 years.

Last edited by GaryM; 07-09-2022 at 05:08 AM. Reason: description error
Old 07-09-2022, 07:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,555 Likes on 898 Posts

Both gorgeous looking vehicles I was going to ask whats with the rear light it looks modified / vinyl wrapped ??

Old 10-01-2022, 08:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio - New Owner Introduction

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'd like to introduce myself and my LONG sought after new toy, a 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Coupe, as a registered owner in The Woodlands TX USA. I've been a big fan of this vehicle for many years. I spent the last 3 years looking for a 2007-2009 XKR to purchase, but eventually set my sights on the 2008 XKR Coupe. Due to the limited production (about 100 sent to the US?), I was skeptical about finding the exact vehicle I wanted, but when one came available in South Carolina, I jumped on the deal. I've now officially spent 2 days w/the car, and I love everything about it.

This is a car I will likely keep for most of the rest of my life (I'm currently 55 yrs old). I love the elegance of the vehicle, the supercharged engineand the rarity of the car. I'm very excited to be a part of the Jaguar family. Althouth I generally prefer "stock", I love researching possible fixes, mods, enhancements and improvements. I just wanted to say "hello" to this particular community (2008 XKR Portfolio Owners), in hopes of learining and sharing from other (much more educated and informed) Jaguar owners. I'm super excited to be a part of the "club", and spending years enjoying this fine beast. So in summary, hello and please include me as part of the few who own a 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Coupe.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 258 Posts

Welcome! no doubt you'll learn a bunch about that new toy. I'll throw out a couple of "zingers" these kool rides are known for....
1. the dash covering will, at some, point depending upon the climate begin to shrink and pull away fro the base of the windscreen. Fix is expensive by some points of view.

2. Condensate in evaporator case can/will backup and overflow onto your passengers nylons (LOL). This is due to the drain hose design after it exits the vehicle. The end point is a "duck bill" shape that tends to stick together over time. It is a BIATCH to fix. There are numerous posts here on the subject. I've owned my '08 Portfolio CVT. since 2014. Thus far, no leakage. One of the preventative measures mentioned here, "periodically" close all of the AC vents and turn the FAN on its highest setting. This creates a positive force or pressure in the system some of which, escapes through the drain hose, thus, forcing the "duck bill" open and, hopefully, keeping it clear and open.
3. Electronics.... These cars are very sensitive to voltage drops. If and when the battery drops below a certain value and one hops in the car to. have a drive, if the engine cranks and fires, the dash may light up with various "gremlin" icons related to a low battery voltage. Therefore, since my is occasionally driven, I have tethered to a "CTEK" brand smart charger. This keeps the battery optimized and those "gremlins" quiet. Also, it is recommended to lock the vehicle, even when garaged. this reduces any parasitic discharges by shutting down many of the systems.
4. A, somewhat, common occurrence, is the "low tire pressure" icon lighting up only to find the offending tire is fine. This is due to either old TPMS sensor's batteries (in the rims) are weak or the receiver monitors front-end rear are faulty. it's cheap insurance to replace them when purchasing tires. There are various fixes for these occurrences. Search the community threads.

Other will chime in with others, but, these four "zingers" are among the most aggravating and expensive depending on how "handy" you are at getting your hands dirty.
Other than these interruptions, I love it!

The following 2 users liked this post by RedRider48:
Deik5 (06-18-2024), ralphwg (10-01-2022)
Old 10-01-2022, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,214 Likes on 918 Posts

All good points. A little preventive things can be done to avoid the issues mentioned above. Regarding the dashboard pulling. Go an purchase a sunshade for the inside of your windshield. One can be bought for around $50-$60. Then use it when your XKR is going to be parked in the sun for any extended time period. Regarding the leakage; look for one of the several threads dealing with the duckbill and pick your method to enlarge the end of the hose.

Finally, welcome aboard you have many miles/years of enjoyment ahead of you.

Quick Reply: 2008 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition Registry