XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2010 XK Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 01:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2010 XK Battery Question

I've been having issues since the dealer replaced the passenger door mirror and I would like feedback from everyone please. the dealer also checked the drivers side seat cooler and replaced the seat filter.

Electrical gremlins have popped up. Gearbox and traction control faults popped up temporarily and the battery has been drained twice after the car was parked for about 3 days. Battery hasn't died since and checked out fine when I took it to Autozone but... Now the convertible top and back windows are non-functional. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy a new battery or go through the hassle of having the dealer check it out. Normally I would just have the dealer take a look first but they don't have a great track record. Opinions please?

Last edited by Briguy1971; 10-09-2015 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Updates
Old 10-09-2015, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by Briguy1971
I've been having issues since the dealer replaced the passenger door mirror and I would like feedback from everyone please. the dealer also checked the drivers side seat cooler and replaced the seat filter.

Electrical gremlins have popped up. Gearbox and traction control faults popped up temporarily and the battery has been drained twice after the car was parked for about 3 days. Battery hasn't died since and checked out fine when I took it to Autozone but... Now the convertible top and back windows are non-functional. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and buy a new battery or go through the hassle of having the dealer check it out. Normally I would just have the dealer take a look first but they don't have a great track record. Opinions please?
I own a 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition Convertible. If you had Autozone check the battery, there is a strong possibility that the convertible shade in the trunk is not set back in its proper position so that the sensing switch is working. Be sure to check that the divider shade is correctly placed back in the rails. This a requirement for the top and rear windows to work properly.

If the shade is not replaced properly in the rail the top and rear windows will not work.

I just removed my shade today to replace my 5-year-old AC Delco 93PS battery with a new Interstate Megatron 49/H8 battery.

Old 10-09-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I had my seven year old battery check out in a healthy condition but I knew it was causing issues due to the touch screen playing up on occasions so I replaced it. At the service the only fault codes showed up battery low charge issues!

Old 10-10-2015, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozmag
I had my seven year old battery check out in a healthy condition but I knew it was causing issues due to the touch screen playing up on occasions so I replaced it. At the service the only fault codes showed up battery low charge issues!
Ozmag, Although I'm not familiar with your issue, I would still take consideration to the post from Richzak as he has become the "Maharishi"
on this forum with a constant wealth of information.. Good luck with your fix.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Ozmag, Although I'm not familiar with your issue, I would still take consideration to the post from Richzak as he has become the "Maharishi"
on this forum with a constant wealth of information.. Good luck with your fix.
Sure, I wasn't questioning the advice simply suggesting that the codes may show up the issue if not a simple fix. I don't claim to be a guru of any level just offering my battery experience and I have no issue.