XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2012 XK door locks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 05:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 XK door locks?

I just got a 2012 XK convertible and I can't imagine the door locks are programmed right. Using the keyless entry, if both doors are locked, when I get in on the driver's side, the ONLY way to unlock the passenger door is for me to get in, close and lock the door, then unlock it, which unlocks the passenger door. This is with single entry mode on. AND, whenever I get out, when I open my door, it unlocks the passenger side. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Can't find any solution in owner's manual, and Jag dealer says that's the way it's supposed to be and there's no way to program so a simple flip of the inside door lever/lock will unlock passenger door. I HAVE to get in, close door, lock it, then unlock it before my passenger can get in. Help??? This isn't a safe feature from the viewpoint of personal safety.

Old 07-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by KyokushinBlackBelt
I just got a 2012 XK convertible and I can't imagine the door locks are programmed right. Using the keyless entry, if both doors are locked, when I get in on the driver's side, the ONLY way to unlock the passenger door is for me to get in, close and lock the door, then unlock it, which unlocks the passenger door. This is with single entry mode on. AND, whenever I get out, when I open my door, it unlocks the passenger side. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Can't find any solution in owner's manual, and Jag dealer says that's the way it's supposed to be and there's no way to program so a simple flip of the inside door lever/lock will unlock passenger door. I HAVE to get in, close door, lock it, then unlock it before my passenger can get in. Help??? This isn't a safe feature from the viewpoint of personal safety.
Strange but on my 2012 it is set up that when I open the driver door the passenger door also unlocks. I believe this can be turned off or on in the car set up screen.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:33 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

You're supposed to open the door for your passenger first.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

EDIT - sorry, didn't read question properly; didn't get that you already know about single-point entry. To unlock the passenger door you can also double-press the unlock button on the key fob. Unfortunately, as there's no lock/unlock buttons inside the car, the handle is the only other way to communicate with the lock module.

If it's a constant annoyance, switch to multi-point entry; if that's a problem, use the fob when you have a passenger.

------------------

It's a configurable option - an anti-hijack feature to stop someone from jumping in when you unlock the car. It's called 'single-point' or 'multi-point' entry.

To change from single to multi-point entry (or vice versa), press both the lock and unlock buttons on the Smart Key simultaneously for three seconds - the hazard warning lamps will flash twice to confirm the change. You can also do it via the touchscreen.

Last edited by Ngarara; 07-13-2015 at 05:27 AM.