XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2013 XE...Is the Current XK a Dinosaur?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:34 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't know how sexy the XE vs the XK will be until I see it un-camoed. From some of the renderings it appears to be better looking but we'll soon see next month.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:40 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up *Flash* XE Based On Shortened New 2014 XK Platform!!!

I'm telling you guys the XE will rock! On the link there is an official rendering from Jaguar for the coupe.

Jaguar 2012 XE - Frankfurt show: Jaguar sketches 911 spoiler | GoAuto

JAGUAR has released a teaser sketch of the C-X16 “production concept” that will preview an all-new compact coupe from the historic British luxury marque when it makes its global debut at the Frankfurt motor show on September 13.

Apart from officially confirming recent speculation that it will unveil the first evidence of its new ‘XE’ sportscar at Frankfurt, Jaguar says it will reveal full details of the C-X16 concept on September 7 – a week before it attempts to upstage the world premiere of Porsche’s next-generation 911 coupe with its sleek new concept.

The single artist’s rendering from Jaguar Design not only confirms long-running rumours of an all-new affordable Jaguar sportscar, but shows the C-X16 will appear first not as a roadster, as widely reported, but a coupe.

“Designed by the same team that produced the Jaguar XJ, XF and XK – headed by Jaguar director of design Ian Callum – the C-X16 concept is a precursor to future Jaguar sports cars that will aim to set new class benchmarks in design, vehicle dynamics and technology,” said Jaguar.

While Jaguar has been careful not to reveal where the production C-X16 two-seater will be positioned within its range, its compact proportions support claims the newcomer will slot underneath the XK coupe as a direct rival for Porsche’s entry-level coupe, the Cayman.

Of course, that would make a potential roadster version of the all-new small sportscar a competitor for Porsche’s mid-engined Boxster convertible, which along with the Cayman is also due for replacement within the next year or so.

In fact, European reports say the C-X16 is based on a shortened version of the all-aluminium platform that will underpin Jaguar’s next XK due around 2014, and will be the same width as the current XK but almost 300mm shorter.

“'Jaguar has set in place bold, ambitious plans for the future,” said Jaguar Cars global brand director Adrian Hallmark.

“This production concept demonstrates the depth of design and engineering ability we have within Jaguar to make these plans come to life – I look forward to sharing this latest, exciting step at the Frankfurt motor show.”

Last edited by RJC; 08-25-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by RJC
Please be objective when responding to this thread...I know that may not be so easy for current XK owners and understandably so but please try.

The more I've been reading about the new 2013 XE the more I am regreting ordering a 12 XKR. I've always felt the XK's a big car (and it is) and the interior is so so especially for the price; although I love the love the exterior. It appears the XE's might just have it all and for about 30-40 percent less money. I also understand the current V8's both NA and FI will make it into the XE's with the XK's becoming an even larger car and going more upmarket. The pics of the XE are quite nice leaving me wondering if I am making a mistake...I am beginning to think so.

Thanks
I'm pretty sure you'll be quite happy with the 2012 XKR. That said, what you've been reading about the upcoming XE dovetails with what I've read also. I've heard the base model will have a supercharged V6 but the top line will have the XKR engine.

The 2014 XKs as you indicated will become 2+2s and be more expensive. I also read the top-line engines will have around 600 hp to differentiate them from the XEs.

It does seem as though Jaguar is gunning for Aston Martin now that they are no longer corporate cousins. I'm predicting the Jaguars will have a horsepower advantage as well as up to a $40K advantage in price.

Mike

Old 09-03-2011, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

Kinda reminds me of an episode of Top Gear. Jeremy was talking about the Porsche Boxter vs the 911. He said he couldn't understand the Boxter. This is the quote (or close to it): "Why would you drive a car that told the world that life hadn't turned out quite the way you had hoped?"

Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chazaroo
Kinda reminds me of an episode of Top Gear. Jeremy was talking about the Porsche Boxter vs the 911. He said he couldn't understand the Boxter. This is the quote (or close to it): "Why would you drive a car that told the world that life hadn't turned out quite the way you had hoped?"
hahahahahahahaha