XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

AC duckbill fix/Infotainment Screen/Key Fob update

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default AC duckbill fix/Infotainment Screen/Key Fob update

Took my (fairy) new to me 07 XKR (28K miles) to Jaguar of Farmington Hills (MI) Tuesday 7/11 for the above diagnoses/repairs. They lowered the exhaust and trans and went in and cut the duckbill off - permanent fix. $650. The key fob was $430 including two hours of programming.

The infotainment screen (it was doing the periodic freeze despite daily driving and always on CTEK) was another story. The diagnosis was it needed a software update, which apparently takes several hours. They got into it and (forgive me I'm not a techie) hit a bunch of glitches with the updates not being compatible with the equipment on the car. They were also 'afraid to push it as an interruption in the upload could fry the whole unit'(?!). So that took all of Tuesday, then the mechanic working on my car was off Tuesday (I guess only one person can touch a car there(?)), then yesterday they said they could not get the screen updated and they had a call in to Jag's tech support people and all was on hold (apparently a call back from Jag tech support can take 24-48 hours).

Finally got a call at 5pm today that Jag TS had solved the issue and my unit did not fry (pause for snickers) and all was fixed. Grand total with tax and a few extra labor hours: $1400. I pick it up in the morning. I'm actually happy, especially seeing people having paid upwards of $1000+/- for the (dash approach) duckbill repair alone.

Two nice things: the dealer did not have any Land Rover or Jag loaners left, but they did call Hertz and covered my rental all week, which was nice. Also, I opened a ticket with Jag USA asking for help with the duckbill bill (not a typo) and they are sending me $500 in credit to use at any Jag dealer for any purpose. So, all in all, could've been worse. Cheers.

The following 4 users liked this post by mkmccoy:
Geosnooker2000 (06-01-2019), JackJohn (07-15-2017), ralphwg (07-15-2017), robtroxel (07-15-2017)