XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Adaptive Cruise Control Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017 | 08:14 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Weird, man. Maybe (evidently) Jaguar agreed with you that there was not enough interval and increased it (too much) in the later models. My CLOSEST setting is probably the 2.2 second one.
I wish, as then there'd be hope for a smoother and less tailgaty ACC for me.

Originally Posted by XJCCAT
Goodness, that sounds like a really poor system. I was expecting it to be the same as the ACC in my BMW which exhibits non of the “Bad”that you mention here. In fact it is absolutely faultless, whereby you set the car space distance (typically 3 to 15 or so car lengths away from the car in front) and it does the rest with absolute perfection.

Don’t know about its operation in heavy snow conditions though, as not really a concern or issue here in Australia. Besides, cruise control of any description should not be used in situations where traction has been compromised in any way (heavy snow or rain).
I used it today, and overall it was fairly ok, but then someone moved on to my lane, behind the car I was following, and sure enough after a delay of 1-2 seconds the XK braked rather hard. The it accelerated again, then braked a bit, then levelled out. After that I switched it off because I'm honestly a bit worried about it surprising someone behind me.

Mind you, mine is a very early example; the VIN is B00031 while the parts catalogue and service manual start at B00379! It's apparently a pre-production press car, so who knows, I might be running on beta software here. My car certainly does have a few minor oddities vs. other XKs.
The production cars, not to mention later ones, might have a smoother ACC.

Originally Posted by Cambo
There are three different settings available for the "ACC ECU Market" in the Car Configuration File.

UK-ROW
USA-CAN-MEX-AUS
JAPAN

I don't know what the exact differences are between them, but they are there for a reason, and I have seen the different settings selected in cars from different markets that we have scanned.
If I were to hazard a guess; differing legislation and degree of autonomy/automatic stopping or such?

Old 12-20-2017 | 07:41 AM

I love the ACC in my 5.0, very smooth acceleration & braking however I have never been a guy that uses cruise control much. I just occasionally use it if i'm feeling a little lazy. I will test mine out & report if it brings the car to a complete stop. I'll try & do it today & post the results tomorrow.

The following users liked this post:
u102768 (12-20-2017)
Old 12-21-2017 | 03:19 AM

I had to take over the braking from I guess 18MPH & down to zero so not coming to a full stop on its own.

u102768 (12-21-2017)
Old 12-29-2017 | 06:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Weird, man. I find that my MAX gap is WAY too huge, and the MIN gap is STILL too huge. Well over two seconds, and at that distance people nearly ALWAYS pull into that gap and go slow.
The first time I had someone pull into my lane too close in front and my car hit the brakes I was NOT expecting that, and I thought something broke somewhere. It took me WAY off-guard.
I am with Cee Jay a thousand percent on this. I love my ACC, use it frequently here in LA-- always set it to the closest setting, and always wish I was just a bit closer to the car in front of me. And yeah people cut in front of me sometimes because of that gap. Otherwise its great.

Also, for the OP: I'm sure this has been mentioned elsewhere, but 2010 is the only year that ACC was standard. It was never a popular option and it's rare to find on other years.

Last edited by pk4144; 12-29-2017 at 06:48 PM.
Cee Jay (12-30-2017)