XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Add-on Backup Camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Add-on Backup Camera

Does anyone have experience with the add-on backup camera from CARINTEGRATIONS.COM ? It promises to put everything on the existing screen of your XK and not require an additional screen. I'm very interested and hoping some of you might share any experience you might have had. I have a 2010 XKR Convertible. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Old 05-06-2024, 12:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 546 Likes on 348 Posts

They don't list Jag in the makes drop down selection.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:02 PM
Default Listing

Just drop-down messaging I saw listed the XK and had listings that fit models 2009 and before as well as 2010 through 2014. It also said something about vehicles which had some type of electrical box or something. My 2010 has parking, beepers to help you avoid scraping anything, but I don’t have any cameras. Probably, you know more about this than I do. I will go on the website and see what I can learn. Meanwhile, if you know of anyone that has had experience with one of these units, please let me know thank you very much .

Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Look for the several back up camera threads for more info in this forum.

Old 05-06-2024, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

To have a camera attach to an unmodified TSD on any 2010+ XK, you need to add it in the CCF using an engineering mode SDD. It's clicking a check mark to add it, but getting an EM-SDD is the tricky part. Also running the FAKRA cable and power and such takes some time. Totally doable though.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LeeBo7945
Does anyone have experience with the add-on backup camera from CARINTEGRATIONS.COM ? It promises to put everything on the existing screen of your XK and not require an additional screen. I'm very interested and hoping some of you might share any experience you might have had. I have a 2010 XKR Convertible. Thanks for any help you can offer.
This is one of those companies that sells Chinese junk. Unfortunately, they source their products out of China with no support or anything like that. Their phone number goes straight to voicemail, which means they have no support. They simply resell Chinese products that come with a one-year warranty and limited support. If you want something made in the USA, you should buy it from us. If you want something from China, you can buy exactly what they sell on AliExpress with the same lack of support.

Old 05-07-2024, 09:17 PM
Received 133 Likes on 59 Posts

First off, thank you for being a sponsor of our forums.

Doesn't your system require an existing CarPlay or Android Auto? Our X150s don't have that option, as Jaguar didn't offer CarPlay until five years after the X150s stopped being produced. If I've misunderstood your video and the box adds CarPlay through the USB, then please let us know because there will be a lot of people interested.

Old 05-07-2024, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CurtJ

Doesn't your system require an existing CarPlay or Android Auto? Our X150s don't have that option, as Jaguar didn't offer CarPlay until five years after the X150s stopped being produced. If I've misunderstood your video and the box adds CarPlay through the USB, then please let us know because there will be a lot of people interested.
It's a video streaming adapter for CarPlay or AndroidAuto only.

From their website:

This USB to HDMI interface works with ALL vehicles that have factory-installed Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Old 05-08-2024, 12:04 AM
Former Sponsor
Exclamation jaguar XK / XKR ( X150 ) wireless carplay

Originally Posted by CurtJ

Originally Posted by jahummer
It's a video streaming adapter for CarPlay or AndroidAuto only.

From their website:

This USB to HDMI interface works with ALL vehicles that have factory-installed Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.

Usually, we sell our products to pros or dealers since they need installation. But we've made this thing called a USB to HDMI converter for cars that have factory CarPlay and extra features. This product does not require installation and it just plugs into your car's USB port.

Now that we're here in this forum, we see lots of people willing to DIY stuff in their cars. And since our products are totally plug-and-play, we're thinking about selling them straight to consumers for self-installation.

Old 05-08-2024, 05:11 AM
Received 298 Likes on 171 Posts

LeBow, the USB in your 2010 XKR is an audio adapter. Not going to help with your backup camera.
Many XK folks who want a backup camera do the factory type retrofit as CeeJay mentioned above.
First, try google search "Jaguar Forums XK camera". Works much better than the threads search feature.
The retrofit is not too tough mechanically. Editing CCF was a learning experience.
Add your location to your tagline and maybe someone near you will volunteer to help you edit.

best regards,
Bill

Old 05-08-2024, 08:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Here's what I did 6 years ago. See Post #11:
HD Quick Connect Wireless Solar Powered Backup Cam

It's still working great, and meets my needs. Installation was quick and easy. The display fits securely in the ashtray and the image is sent wirelessly from the solar-powered camera in the license plate frame. The display is powered by the cigarette lighter socket, and the wire is hidden behind the display.

The white section in the bottom of the frame is the solar panel. Enlarge the photo to see the camera in the top center of the frame.

The wire is for my CTEK battery maintainer.

You might still be able to find this exact item on eBay.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Stuart S

It's still working great, and meets my needs. Installation was quick and easy. The display fits securely in the ashtray and the image is sent wirelessly from the solar-powered camera in the license plate frame. The display is powered by the cigarette lighter socket, and the wire is hidden behind the display.

The white section in the bottom of the frame is the solar panel. Enlarge the photo to see the camera in the top center of the frame.

The wire is for my CTEK battery maintainer.

Having a luxury car and putting in those small screens really ruins the look inside.

Old 05-08-2024, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

@DashLynx The only thing I see on your site’s an HDMI adapter for factory CarPlay/Android systems. Do you offer OEM style kits for converting older vehicles not fitted with CarPlay/Android?

Old 05-08-2024, 09:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jahummer
@DashLynx The only thing I see on your site’s an HDMI adapter for factory CarPlay/Android systems. Do you offer OEM style kits for converting older vehicles not fitted with CarPlay/Android?
Yes we will be creating a separate thread about it

Old 05-08-2024, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 703 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by DashLynx
Having a luxury car and putting in those small screens really ruins the look inside.
I appreciate your being a sponsor and also your products and interaction within the forum, having said that, everyone has a point of view...and some of them might differ from yours.
wj

The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by wymjym
I appreciate your being a sponsor and also your products and interaction within the forum, having said that, everyone has a point of view...and some of them might differ from yours.
wj
We totally get where you're coming from. We just want to say that there's another solution that could work on the factory screen without having to add extra screens.

Old 05-08-2024, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

​​​​​
​​
We totally get where you're coming from. We just want to say that there's another solution that could work on the factory screen without having to add extra screens.
As for "ruining the look inside", that's your opinion. I like it because it's small, fits in the ashtray, and is unobtrusive. Most importantly, you can't beat the bang for the buck. And that was 6 years ago.

Saying "... there's another solution that could work is saying nothing. It either works or it doesn't. With enough money, you can make anything work, except the Federal government. How much will your solution cost? And where were you 6 years ago?

I get it. You're a Forum Sponsor, and I wish you success in selling your products to Forum members. The Forum needs sponsors like you to continue to exist.

My point is that this Type S HD Quick Connect Wireless Backup Cam worked for me 6 years ago. And it still does. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Old 05-08-2024, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member

@Stuart S I don’t think the sponsor’s intent was a personal attack on your alternative suggestion, just a comment they offer an integrated solution which might be preferable to a stick-on solution like a portable back up camera or plug-in Bluetooth adapter like Bovee. Some, like me, prefer the OEM style which’s why I went with the genuine Jaguar backup camera integration and genuine Jaguar Apple dock integration. Some may prefer less costly and easier to add solutions like yours. It’s nice to have the choice either way.

Meanwhile I’m interested to see what they come up with as an alternative.

The following 4 users liked this post by jahummer:
arenaej (05-09-2024), bgpenguin21 (05-08-2024), Bill400 (05-09-2024), Sean W (05-08-2024)
Old 05-08-2024, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member

@jahummer , I agree with you that it's nice to have that choice, but I don't have your technical knowledge and skills to do the factory backup camera. Sure, I'd love to have the factory system, but I don't have SDD and don't want to learn it.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
jahummer (05-08-2024), Sailor Mike (05-09-2024)
Old 05-09-2024, 05:12 AM
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Backup Camera

Originally Posted by Stuart S

Stuart S, glad to see it's still working after 6 years. I bought an almost identical one and fitted it in the same location a couple of days ago. Available on Amazon.co.uk but for some reason not on my local one, Amazon.es. Very good support from manufacturer too. Let's hope mine lasts as long as yours. BTW how have you fixed your monitor?
Cheers,

Quick Reply: Add-on Backup Camera