XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Android Auto XK

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 10:15 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Android Auto XK

I apologize for making what is probably yet another thread about this, but there is a lot of info out there and I'll admit it is a bit much for me to digest all of it.

So I have a 2013 XK Coupe that I just recently acquired after having to sell my 2010 XK some time back.

In short all I am really looking to do is to get the navigation off my phone to display in place of the Jag's default Nav without loosing any of my original functionality and have the ability to switch between the OEW interface and the Android auto on the fly.

My car has a backup camera already so I don't need that. As I live in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas my cooled seats are important to me.

From what I can tell Cambo's kit seems to be the most complete option and I am willing to pay the extra money for something I know will be good. I'll admit I love the car and am a bit of a coward so I am worried about messing it up.

So if someone knows someone who can help me install it and deal with the SDD issues of getting the AUX enabled in South Texas(either RGV, Corpus Christi, Houston, San Antonio, or Austin areas.) please reach out to me. Sadly the dealer in the RGV area doesn't even want to give me much of any support on my XK.

Old 08-08-2023, 05:46 PM
Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Hello,
Your 2013 allready have AUX input. You don't need to do anything in the SDD.
Cambo's way appears to be the best one to meet your needs. He's giving extremly precised guide and will probably help.
That's still quite an amount of work as you'ld have to unmount several interior trims.But that must be do-able if you're a DIYer.

Old 08-14-2023, 10:56 AM
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

"As I live in the Rio Grande Valley in South Texas my cooled seats are important to me."

Amen to that.