XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Any thoughts on the XF station wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Received 272 Likes on 116 Posts

Buick TourX update...

Just finished up the second PA-FL trip in the wagon.This time around I averaged 29.8mpg over the 12 day trip, including 8 days toddling back and forth to consignment stores in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami traffic with ac cranked all the time.

Sensational AWD chassis, perfectly tuned. I recently sold my Audi A8, and the wife commented that the ride of the Buick was just as comfortable. I agree. Did I miss my 430hp and 444lb-ft of torque? Who wouldn't? But when the wife is in the car, there are very few opportunities drive like Mario if I want to get any later that night.
The driving aides get a B+. Lane assist is what you expect, it's not a Tesla. Adaptive cruise is really good except initial braking can be a bit harsh. I learned to disengage as the braking zone approached, then re-engage for smooth following.
Seats are excellent. No back/shoulder pain over 17-hours straight-through driving. The leather does feel flimsier than the Audi, because it is.
Road noise/wind noise is well-controlled. i do have a set of roof rails that I keep in the way back. They install in less than 10 minutes, but do whistle so there's no reason to keep them on the roof if they are not in use.
What has really solidified the car for me was how it performed in hurricane-like storms. Had multiple adventures where the rain was so severe it not only came down sideways, it instantly puddled on the road. One of the few times in my 45+ years of driving I can remember using the wipers on high speed for a significant length of time (and this with RainX applied). The car plowed through the rain and puddles like they weren't even there.

For the money, this wagon is the best value out there. For those of us who treasure driveability, it satisfies quite well. And it looks really, really good.

The following users liked this post:
guy (10-04-2021)