XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone have paint protection film wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 05:00 AM
Received 62 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Swisstone
What make do People have wrapped for stone chip protection?

I looked into what the market leaders are at present and I opted to go for XPEL to be applied to the front nose bumper. Reviews were good and meant to have self healing properties unless the film is compromised.

The nearest dealer was an hour away and I looked at some impressive high end super cars with it on with impressive results as hard to spot.

Just been to pick mine up and unfortunately not the same experience for me

Basically a bad fit with edges shown and two really obvious joins at either side of the reg number (looks like scratches) and further to that, the lower lip was only half covered so little protection.

To be fair, the guy was a good bloke and wasn't going to charge. It isn't cheap as well. He blamed it on the template supplied by XPEL and said as its a 2008 car, it's based on a paper template not laser cut? He could have just messed it up I guess?
He offered to take it all off so it's now back as it was! Ha ha

Does anyone else have XPEL fitted? Good fit? Happy?

There is also Suntek but heard their templates aren't good either?

I was looking at a ceramic coating for the rest of the car as to do the whole lot in film is way over 3k!
I just put Kamikaze Miyabi and Kamikaze ISM on top of that on my XKR-S It is absolutely stunning. I have the Italian racing red on the 2014 and the color is deep and rich. Of course, 20 hours of paint correction didn't hurt either.

Old 07-04-2017, 05:51 AM
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds the biz! I quite like the red as it's something different. 👍

Old 09-28-2017, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 493 Likes on 215 Posts
Default I just removed my PPF wrap. Wow! New Paint.

The film on my 2011 was getting a little cloudy on the forward portions of the fenders and some areas of the hood. So I removed the film. It's not a complicated process; but a physically demanding one. My fingers and forearms let me know I should have paid somebody to do it for me.

Nonetheless, the paint underneath is flawless. It had to have been wrapped as a brand new car. Not a single flaw on the fenders or hood. I kept the wrap on the bumper, lights, and rear view mirrors as it was still in great shape and I do want the protection.

Now I have to decide whether or not to re-wrap it. I know I will wait awhile because the paint is so beautiful. The only downside is that I've had to spend so much time on the rest of the car bringing the finish up to my new standards.

Last edited by GordoCatCar; 09-28-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

I gave up in the end! Good to hear it worked for you though. The front bumper was just to complex a shape to get a perfect fit. Two different places tried and wasn't good enough. I don't do many miles in it so accepted it may get the odd chip. Newer cars seem to be more successful as more accurate templates and more angular is easier to wrap.

Old 09-28-2017, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts

Have not read the posts... Sorry. Yes I have a full nose clear bra for my 2010 XK Nose and front bumper. Well worth it as I have had it on every newer car I have ever owned.. No chips or flaws whatsoever. Great investment.