XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone own an XKR 175?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Anyone own an XKR 175?

Trying to find the Jaguar Part numbers for the side skirts/sills and the rear valence/diffuser.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:52 PM
C-J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of interest why are you swapping your Mina parts for the genuine ones?

Is there a big difference in the quality?

I'm interested because I've just bought the Mina rear valance (haven't received it yet)

Old 04-11-2013, 03:22 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I own an XKR 175, but the parts are VIN-controlled and customer/registration-controlled. I tried ordering XKR175 side sills and skirts for my '07 XKR using a VIN from a XKR175 that I found on cars.com, but Jaguar USA in New Jersey rejected the order because the VIN was not registered to my name. Same thing goes for genuine XKR-S parts.

Honestly, for the price, your best bet is to trade in for a XKR175. When I placed the order 18 months ago (before it got rejected by Jaguar), the parts were around $5000 plus $350 freight shipping (and that price included the Nalley 15% discount). So, figure around $6250 without the discount. Then you have to have them painted and installed. My body shop quoted $1400 for paint and installation. I'd rather have a newer car than pay $7650 for painted plastic.

The following 2 users liked this post by BlackXKR:
Lothar52 (07-08-2013), rscultho (04-11-2013)
Old 04-11-2013, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

I like the new side air vent and the new headlights 2012, but it will surely cost too much to do, if it is possible. Just like Blackxkr said, too bad cause at 12000 miles, it could worth it...

Old 04-11-2013, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I like the new side air vent and the new headlights 2012, but it will surely cost too much to do, if it is possible. Just like Blackxkr said, too bad cause at 12000 miles, it could worth it...
To show you how "extreme" that Jaguar is getting with restrictions now that they have multiple models of the XKR: I recently tried to order the Black Pack rear plinthe/signature blade that says "Jaguar" for my XKR175. I hate the stock chrome one and planned to paint it. Jaguar did not allow me to order the primed Black Pack piece because of the VIN restriction.

I chose instead to have my body shop paint the chrome piece (it actually came out really, really nicely because they left a small strip of chrome at the bottom like the 12-13 models).

Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by C-J
Just out of interest why are you swapping your Mina parts for the genuine ones?

Is there a big difference in the quality?

I'm interested because I've just bought the Mina rear valance (haven't received it yet)
The Mina parts are hard fiberglass. The Jag OEM parts are made of the material as the panels/parts on the car. I have purchased the front splitter, the larger spoiler, the side skirts, and the rear valence from Mina.

I thought I had this lined up with a local dealer, but turns out what BlackXKR stated is the definitely case as far as ordering them...

But Pacio (another poster) purchased the rear valence from Jag, and I believe actually installed it himself. He posted about this around October of last year...I may very well be mistaken on where he bought the parts.

I was also quoted about $1400 to install the Mina pieces. The guy I would have install them was not impressed with the quality of the parts, and laughed out loud when I told/showed him what Mina had sent with the parts to put them on with (silicone adhesive). I've had someone else tell me they had them installed on their daily driver (as is my car) and have had them on his car for about a year. I was concerned about durability once I put them on. The guy that would be installing them would have to make some special holders to put them on permanently. The other guy that had them installed said sort of the same thing about his installer putting screws and whatever to install them permanently. Also, I know Ghostrider has the Mina parts installed, but I don't think he drives his XKR everyday.

The Speed Pack was an available option on the 2010 XKR, but was installed at the factory.

So, I am back to using the Mina parts. I do want to get the XKR 175 look. It's not like my car is not supposed to have the parts on them since it could have been ordered that way.

The hard fiberglass is the biggest issue I have with the Mina parts. And I am assuming they will fit. I just wanted to see if I could get the Jag parts. I guess my concern with the hard fiberglass may be an over-reaction of sorts.

I am gonna take all the parts to the shop that (might) install them in two weeks and they are gonna do a "test fit" and make sure they can install them to their satisfaction in a permanent way. They won't install them if they can't make sure they will be put on permanently. His shop is pretty good, so I know he knows what he is doing.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by rscultho
The Mina parts are hard fiberglass. The Jag OEM parts are made of the material as the panels/parts on the car. I have purchased the front splitter, the larger spoiler, the side skirts, and the rear valence from Mina.

I thought I had this lined up with a local dealer, but turns out what BlackXKR stated is the definitely case as far as ordering them...

But Pacio (another poster) purchased the rear valence from Jag, and I believe actually installed it himself. He posted about this around October of last year...I may very well be mistaken on where he bought the parts.

I was also quoted about $1400 to install the Mina pieces. The guy I would have install them was not impressed with the quality of the parts, and laughed out loud when I told/showed him what Mina had sent with the parts to put them on with (silicone adhesive). I've had someone else tell me they had them installed on their daily driver (as is my car) and have had them on his car for about a year. I was concerned about durability once I put them on. The guy that would be installing them would have to make some special holders to put them on permanently. The other guy that had them installed said sort of the same thing about his installer putting screws and whatever to install them permanently. Also, I know Ghostrider has the Mina parts installed, but I don't think he drives his XKR everyday.

The Speed Pack was an available option on the 2010 XKR, but was installed at the factory.

So, I am back to using the Mina parts. I do want to get the XKR 175 look. It's not like my car is not supposed to have the parts on them since it could have been ordered that way.

The hard fiberglass is the biggest issue I have with the Mina parts. And I am assuming they will fit. I just wanted to see if I could get the Jag parts. I guess my concern with the hard fiberglass may be an over-reaction of sorts.

I am gonna take all the parts to the shop that (might) install them in two weeks and they are gonna do a "test fit" and make sure they can install them to their satisfaction in a permanent way. They won't install them if they can't make sure they will be put on permanently. His shop is pretty good, so I know he knows what he is doing.
I hope nobody "flames" you for wanting to make your car look different. After all, we all know that the Speed Pack is just an appearance package (unless you really drive 174MPH on your commute).

I feel your pain with the body kit, and I wish you the best in fitting parts. No doubt that Jag parts would pop on in a matter of 30 minutes per side and save you money on the fitting, but hopefully the hard fiberglass parts will work out with some finesse.

Fitting fiberglass to a car (recalling this from my ricer days) can be challenging because the material doesn't flex like polyurethane. But even ill-fitting parts can be made to fit perfectly in the hands of a skilled technician...ultimately, the cost might come out the same as buying Jag parts, but at least you will have a car that looks the way that you want it to look.