XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Arden nightmare service I received / 1 year

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Arden nightmare service I received / 1 year

I am sorry i already post this but i never openned a thread, I will really like to know myself if i was about to buy one of their articles.

I ordered a 2000 euros suspension module from ARDEN, they sent it with the wrong measure, it was already used , with a velcro on one side and the other side missing, it has broken my car real bad for one year without finding what it was, we had to replace all front bushed, Arden has done nothing to help, it has been a nightmare, they sent this module inside a dirty transparent plastic bag i could not see though and the invoice had no inks, I could not red it , the module came with one velcro attached only the other backside was falling apart. they were aware of the problems and never they offered any help, Arden is for me a car terrorist and i will not even buy a sticker there.
I pass on some, it has costed me 2000 the module and 3500 euros not to find the problem, expert hired 5 dealership one year 9 alignment. of course i loose the contact with my dealership after that too!! with other words Arden will mess your car the best they could, they will kill your warranty and your relation with the dealership...

go with ARDEN but be aware . They were well aware and asked to ship it back to set the right measurements after 30 days. It was probably one module designed for the photo shots where the car is lowered like hell.

yes you will expect a great service, Let me describe the nightmare I went with them, they knew it was their fault and wanted me to drive there 3000 km to pay to fix the damage done, with their German accent, the module arrived, there was a velcro attached on one side the other velcro part was missing, the top of the module was going away, it was inside a clear transparent plastic bag so dirty you could see inside, was supposed to lower 20 mm it has lowered it of 2 inches. I messed all front bushing in 30 days, their argument was jaguar Germany tolerate arden while other country (france) do not tolerate them and it has killed my warranty, i spent 3500 euros not to resolve the problem. I went to Spain to have it resolved, and paid again before i sold it cause it has been such nightmare i could not enjoy it at all.

when you see the nice building and website, you will expect the opposite, it is simple even the invoice they sent I could not read it, no ink. this module was 2000 euros, set up at a jaguar dealership in france too. It was also dangerous driving an xj 2007 with 2 inches lower..tied but dangerous...I had a switch and i could lower the car when i wanted. when i complained they send me their poor paper meaning jaguar Germany approves Arden but this regard Germany only.

1 year of nightmare in france.
total 9 geometries, one steering rack, I drove to 4 dealership Jaguar different, i hired an expert for 1200 euros, i changed twice the steering column, all of this under warranty constructor, I ended up to go to Spain at jaguar Valencia to have it fixed, it was the control arms bushing all dead....

total cost 5500 euros 1 year of nightmare maybe 3k km driven just for trying to diagnosed it, in vain, all that money for nothing, no results until i went to spain Jaguar valencia.

sorry these are copy and paste from posts I made in the jaguar forum, I wanted people here to know what I received. To the deepest of my heart and honesty, I am not lying or exaggerating, for me Arden is a car terrorist and nothing else. I ended up loosing all warranty , and the jag dealership who installed it also rejected me, he was aware of all, Arden was saying , it is his responsibility too to let you go like this, upon installing it, he should have known...
Not Arden was poor, unreliable, but dangerous, with absolutely no recovery, no help nothing...such a poor service I will probably never seen in my life again. when I looked at their website now I fell this is a site for Strange mafia, people with no taste and so much money they can buy their stuff but indeed they participate at maintaining them alive, (buy from uk designers or other talented ones in the us) if i was jaguar poor Land rover I will sue them, and i will never autorize them anything. their design is crap. I laugh now when i see their website, it seems very nice and a nice building where to expect a great service...but it is not like this. I could not keep this car after the nightmare and it has affect my personal health. Personally I wish Arden the worst. My xj facelift had 18k miles.

Old 07-13-2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

So, tell us how you really feel... Man, that sucks and sorry to read you had to deal with that.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Sorry to read about your terrible experience.

No excuse to send you a suspension kit that lowers your car 2" (51mm) when they promised 20mm. No surprise that you beat all the bushings and probably all the dampers to death. Also no surprise that your warranty got voided by such drastic modifications. The geometry had to be incredibly bad to tear up even your steering rack.

For the years that I owned my '08XK I too considered modifying the stock suspension but, backed out of it, mainly due to the fact that the rear camber was not adjustable to compensate for a lowered stance. The stock rear camber settings were already at -1.3 degrees, which was about as much as I wanted for the 275 tires. I too only would have considered no more than 20 mm lowering but, like I said, I gave up on the idea.

What was the final outcome of all this? Did you re-install the stock suspension components?

Albert

Old 07-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Veteran Member

I feel real bad about them, it was a lot of money involved, a lot of good relations broken down, the warranty was cancelled. I never returned to this jaguar dealership In Lyon France jaguar automotion. By chance not only the car was repaired in spain, they offered me 50% of the bill and i could sell it maybe another 30% more than in france too. But the nightmare I lived, I wish it to nobody. Arden can be succesful I have no fear about that or his castle, not at all good for him, but the services i got , was, its without comments and i let it like this...to your imagination.

It was sold Albert just thinking of this car and i have nausea and acidity gastric...sold for 34 k euros In during the time i asked arden to reprogram it at 1.5 cm only, which they did and asked me to pay for..of course. this is rarely forgotten with arden... you can go to the other side of the world, you can buy from indys in the mountain, you will never have such deal...

it is when I started understanding than small business are much better indeed, for real.

Arden being German, it was maybe my familly name who did not pleased them.

I drove from south to north of france jaagur port marly too, nobody has been able to diagnose the problem, not only the warranty was off, jaguar france said yes they accepted it, one of the person there was using this module and told me it was excelent, when i called a tow truck they accept it then they declined it etc...and send me the huissier after for 800 euros tow truck, it was about being rejected for free, i was ok to pay, i did paid a lot, but nobody was able to diagnose the problem, NOBODY.

this time i bought a xkr 2010 at jaguar prot marly cause they took my 08 xk well, the service manager ***** deltone, very nice guy, etc.,,.,i asked about the dynamic button, you know what he responded me, you do not need this.. i sent them 4 emails since i have the car and problems you think they will reply one time? these people are stuck with french law burning their licence for 2 km hour more,,,they drive at 90 km per hour everyday for them driving an xkr and you are simply crazy...that is how Jaguar is represented in this poor country named france....so no surprise if when i have 5 issues when buying a 13000km car they never replied to any of my emails, to be more precise, it was also the case before the sale with this vendor...poor guy.

again each time i parked on the hill here and i start the car again i can hear a BOOM from the tranny., good job jaguar port marly but never anymore. (16 months without an oil change etc) not only they do not pay the game but they break yours. they lost the passion thousand miles away....

when i left after buying this xkr 2010 500 meters after the car was blocked, transmission anomalie,, the transfer box was mad...they said ti was due to the baterry i have doubts, it was due to the fact they hided a front bushing dead which we replaced here to get a good geometrie, the car going to the left , they simply let me go with 500 gr of presssure less in the front right tire to compensate, why also the transfer box was weird after a single acceleration...i drove back with a friend 26 eyars old and i could not well control the car on the a9 where the mistral blows a lot...they knew we had 1500 km to drive back.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-13-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member

Let me go further, I was buying on swap meat at 5 am in the morning recycling vintage textile and work wear and denim which i sold to the best polo ralph lauren designer and japanese, kenji Hirano ( banana boat) at the rosebowl in pasadena for their store in Madison and for ebay. when this happened we had lot of winds almost everyday a storm and i could nto drive and work anymore, after months, i called the personal phone of the tecnician and i told him how mad i was and that i may end up to drive into the dealership owners, (it was a way to talk and tell how bad i fell of course i will not hurt anybody and i wished them the worst, bad luck the dealership owner was loosing his mother), he then contacted the police and filed a report against me , the cops contacted me and and asked me to show up that they will explained me how to talk for a next time...they said, i called them back and asked to forward the case where i was living 200 km away, and by the time i loved out to south in st tropez where my parents lived. It is illegal normally not to show up if they asked you to come. I never heard of this story anymore, and i moved to spain, nice country but the most nacionalist i will never seen in my life, even if there is some tolerances. It is not fair for jaguar Valencia and Francisco Suay who have helped me many times to correct the french car problem i had in my cars, the price upto 30% difference has not helped me to buy from Spain. But their help at the service has been outstanding. I want thanks jaguar Espana too. Indeed i had the address of their place one year before to move, I knew going in another country will benefits me for this unresolved problem.

I went back to france to trade the 08 xk with the 10 xkr and was caught speeding at 180 -200 km per hour he said, i repplied you 've seen how gentle i am when i passed others cars? he said yes i was behind you 20 mn you have not seen me, great shape your xk? i said i thaught it was juts a motorcycle like this you know.....(no need that i explained you what it should be if i raise a ticket for 200 he added so i will write down 150) which i paid and i never got any calls or questions in france about this report the dealership filed on me. My mail was forwarded too and we never received any calls or letter from the local cops from where i moved out, they knew me and my divorce issue and were mad for me.
The move to spain was planned 3 years before for my job, i just knew in advance how hard it will be there , and i still discovering it everyday now after 3 years living here i only worked with the UK and USA.

Automotion jaguar lion who recommend me the arden module and installed it to valid the so call arden warranty, are the same who filed against me, and arden was saying it is perfectly legit with jagaur warranty in europe. call this a service or a guet-apens?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-14-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:21 PM
Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Wow.....Arden isn't exactly cheap.... So one would expect their products to be flawless
and after service perfected.

Old 07-14-2013, 10:40 PM
Veteran Member

When the steering rack was broken, I was a week before in the shop, the service manager was compLaining he was hired back for the new place but it was tied for him as the owner wanted new younger personal without experienve instead , he said, a week passed ( I tipped these people well each time) I showed up with the steering rack broken, right away he told me come bcak in 45 days. Without even checking if the part was available or not, I meant the part could be here in 2 days but he wnated me to wait 45 days to do it, so I moved to Jaguar Avignon, who did it sooner but since we never done the front bushings, what I had in my hands was ...

Old 07-14-2013, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

By experience, major issues were found when indeed the following situations appeared:
- dealership change of location.
- dealership change of service manager.
- dealership change of owner but keep same team in another location.

All these situations are subject to litigations much more often.

Ah I forgot to name how many suspension etalonage we did... Cause first they tried on a lift when low, it was not working so they did it on the floor straight. One day 4 people from 2 jag dealership were asked to come by the expert at avignon jaguar to try the car, one of them was 140 kilogs, at 5 in the car it was maybe 480 kilogs, to check the car and any problems with wind deporting you...no way... All the way long it has been a nightmare and the expert written down as resolution, customer change his tires for some snow ones, true, and had to stick some tape on front grill to get a better handling. How pathetic this was. You name it, Thanks Arden and thanks Jaguar Lyon! But never with me anymore. There is other good jaguar place, I talked later on to Jaguar France, I simply told them it was sad nobody could diagnosed the car. They could judge me if they wanted but it will have been more legit if at least they carry a decent diagnostic.

3 sets of new tires were updated in vain, 18 inches and 20 inches, all showed strange wear very soon. 2 set of 18, 1 set of 20 , none of the tires warranty has worked too, either with Pirelli or Dunlop.

Jaguar Lyon automotion
Jaguar Avignon
Jaguar Dijon
Jaguar Le Port-Marly

Were involved, in vain.

Jaguar Marseille and Frejus/St Raphael are better dealerships.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-15-2013 at 12:18 AM.