XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

arrRRRRRR.......Badge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Gaudin.

First time I saw someone mention Gaudin - is that the one in Vegas?...- would apreciate your thoughts/experience
When buying new Jaguar parts that can't be bought anywhere other than a Jaguar dealer, I find Gaudin the cheapest by far (sometimes I get lucky on ebay, but that is very hit or miss, especially for availability of new parts). They seem to discount more off of MSRP than anyone else, and are clearly set up for online sales and high volume as well. My closest Jaguar dealer charges over MSRP for half their items....along with the 2 hour round trip drive....along with catering to their parts department hours and lines.
Now when I order parts, I order based on part number. I put no VIN, I want the part number I put down, and assume all risk if I ordered the wrong part. This goes straight through, I normally get an email saying some parts are at the warehouse, and in 3 to 4 days it will be shipped out. Then at the two day mark I normally get an email saying the parts have shipped from the dealer and are on their way. Additionally if they had any questions they called to ensure that I was ordering what they thought I want ordered.
If they need to look things up for you, that obviously takes more time - and perhaps doesn't play into their low prices for inexpensive parts. I haven't dealt with them in that aspect. I'm not here to push any particular vender - I have no ties to any. But they are the Jaguar parts dealer I deal with primarily because of price, but I have found their service decent as a Jaguar parts supplier. I pay them because their prices are cheapest, and they ship promptly any parts on hand or available through the Jaguar distribution system based on the part numbers I give them. So for me, they are exactly what I want in a Jaguar Dealer, cheap and reasonably quick.
Now if I were getting a thermostat or brake pads, then I go to the local Autozone or Advanced Auto. Anyways...that is my experience with them.

Old 05-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Yea

Old 05-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by xkrsupercharged
So it seems you went for the old style R badge? I've just picked up the front new style 2012 badge kit here in the UK from my Jaguar dealer. It comes with a backing plinth and all screws etc required to secure it to the grill...Total cost was £56. The rear badge was £12 but you can get the older style ones for £5. The new badge has a lighter green and the red and green stripes have swapped sides. Here is one on ebay UK:

Genuine Jaguar R Type Badge 2012 | eBay

I've asked on a few other posts before - would you mind disclosing what your alloy wheels are as I love them! Hoping i can get them imported to the UK. Send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks
Do you have the part numbers?

Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them written down somewhere will post them here tomorrow.

The following users liked this post:
tommyd (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1bw
When buying new Jaguar parts that can't be bought anywhere other than a Jaguar dealer, I find Gaudin the cheapest by far (sometimes I get lucky on ebay, but that is very hit or miss, especially for availability of new parts). They seem to discount more off of MSRP than anyone else, and are clearly set up for online sales and high volume as well. My closest Jaguar dealer charges over MSRP for half their items....along with the 2 hour round trip drive....along with catering to their parts department hours and lines.
Now when I order parts, I order based on part number. I put no VIN, I want the part number I put down, and assume all risk if I ordered the wrong part. This goes straight through, I normally get an email saying some parts are at the warehouse, and in 3 to 4 days it will be shipped out. Then at the two day mark I normally get an email saying the parts have shipped from the dealer and are on their way. Additionally if they had any questions they called to ensure that I was ordering what they thought I want ordered.
If they need to look things up for you, that obviously takes more time - and perhaps doesn't play into their low prices for inexpensive parts. I haven't dealt with them in that aspect. I'm not here to push any particular vender - I have no ties to any. But they are the Jaguar parts dealer I deal with primarily because of price, but I have found their service decent as a Jaguar parts supplier. I pay them because their prices are cheapest, and they ship promptly any parts on hand or available through the Jaguar distribution system based on the part numbers I give them. So for me, they are exactly what I want in a Jaguar Dealer, cheap and reasonably quick.
Now if I were getting a thermostat or brake pads, then I go to the local Autozone or Advanced Auto. Anyways...that is my experience with them.
Nalley Jaguar (Vendor Sponsor) has better prices. Forum members get 15% discount and free shipping over $25 via UPS. For instance part C2P9190. MSRP $189.00. Gaudin 177.19. Nalley 160.65.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Nalley.

I suppose I've never used Nalley. But unless you have a website address I don't have, I have to fill out their form and wait for an email from them. Also, their web site doesn't tell me any prices. I want instant results for pricing information and ordering. Plus, I often put my order in at non-business hours. If I'm ordering a Jaguar Dealer part, it is only because the part cannot be attained elsewhere.

The free shipping, the 15% off regular sized / weighted items, being on the East Coast, and the pricing example you show does appear superior. Unfortunately, the lack of an instant online ordering system is a deal-breaker for me.

Thanks for pointing that site out. Should they ever get an online ordering system, I would definitely be inclined to use them first given their overall end pricing.