XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Audio streaming

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2014, 07:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio streaming

Hey guys,
Have any of you used the "Tenergy Mini Bluetooth Audio" connector with your IPod connector? I'm interested in connecting in my 09 XKR. If so what we're your findings? Thanks in advance.
Gary

Old 06-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Default Audio streaming

Really! Nobody can weight in?

Old 06-13-2014, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

In my 2009 XKR I have plugged in a mini USB into the inside port of the center console. Has about 500 to 800 songs downloaded from my computer.

Using the mini USB in the port provides no wire hookups, no other connections, just plug and play after "docking the device" from the Nav Screen under Audio>Portable Device>Dock Device>Folders

Sound is spectacular with the B&W system. Its like having a JukeBox in the Jag.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:47 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Gmancuso
Hey guys, Have any of you used the "Tenergy Mini Bluetooth Audio" connector with your IPod connector? I'm interested in connecting in my 09 XKR. If so what we're your findings? Thanks in advance. Gary
No but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:37 PM

I have a 2014 XK-R and attached a bluetooth adaptor called Tune2Air to the car's included cable. It paired to my wife's Apple phone easily. Now, as soon as she gets into the car, her music streams to the system nearly instantly. Not sure if your '09 has the same I-Phone adapter cable.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:04 AM
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

There have been a few threads on the topic.
(searching for this is why I joined up!)
As far as I can tell, no-one has found a blue tooth device design that streams to a non Apple device. Logically, you'd have thought it was easy, but not so.
Much kudos to whoever figures it out!

Old 06-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RobB
There have been a few threads on the topic.
(searching for this is why I joined up!)
As far as I can tell, no-one has found a blue tooth device design that streams to a non Apple device. Logically, you'd have thought it was easy, but not so.
Much kudos to whoever figures it out!
This is the best solution I have seen to date (for the money) for non-apple devices. Unfortunately it is not a "true" bluetooth direct stream to the car's audio system. You wire up this device inline with the antenna port on the back of the nav system. This then allows you to stream music via bluetooth to this module, which then is wired to the radio. Quality likely is poorer than a direct stream, but I would imagine it is not too bad. I am curious if anyone here has used this product.

iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue
Amazon.com : iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue : Car Electronics Amazon.com : iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue : Car Electronics

Old 06-19-2014, 03:02 AM
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by M6XKR
This is the best solution I have seen to date (for the money) for non-apple devices. Unfortunately it is not a "true" bluetooth direct stream to the car's audio system. You wire up this device inline with the antenna port on the back of the nav system. This then allows you to stream music via bluetooth to this module, which then is wired to the radio. Quality likely is poorer than a direct stream, but I would imagine it is not too bad. I am curious if anyone here has used this product.

iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue
Amazon.com : iSimple ISFM21 TranzIt Universal Bluetooth Enabled FM Transmitter Car Kit for Android Devices, Blue : Car Electronics
Agreed - I'd be very interested as well. Poorer quality would still beat nothing at all!