XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Because everyone likes pics... Hermann LED Tail Light Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S

Has anyone in the Atlanta area done this conversion? Can you recommend an installer?

Boy, if you ever make a trip to Orlando for fun (ha?), you need to drop your car at National Import Services, and talk to Scott and Kyle. They are the only indy shop I ever let touch my Jags. They installed my LEDs, and they're perfect. I am insanely ****-retentive; they pass my test. I live over in Daytona Beach, so I drive over an hour just to see them. They're going to fix my leather dash tomorrow (the feared shrinking occurred with previous owner, and whoever fixed it should be tarred-and-feathered.)

They're good dudes too; honest and fair. (Also, they really only work on Jags, although they say they'll work on any import. There's something comforting about dropping the car off to a lot full of equally-awesome cats.)

Welcome to National Import Services - Auto Body repair for Jaguar and other fine imported cars in Orlando Florida

-e

The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (05-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 10:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2007 XK-R and I live in the USA. Can someone tell me the best kit to purchase (and easiest to install) for US models? Ideally I'd like to find a kit that's just plug and play - is the one out there? I've been reading about bulb out messages and what not. I don't want that - I just want a kit where I can plug int he lights and VOILA! Does such a kit exist?

-Shane
Denver, CO

Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM

I would love to have details of your guy as I live in Hertfordshire and would like someone to help me with an LED conversion.
Thanks,
Old Pa H

Old 03-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Default LED installation

Originally Posted by xkrsupercharged
If anyone requires an installer for the LED lights in the UK London Area (M4 Slough Corridor) then get in touch. I have a guy who did my install for me. £130 all fitted. Takes around 2-3 hours to do but he does a pukka job.
Could you please give me his details?

Thanks,

Old Pa H

Old 03-14-2013, 04:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't seem to send you a PM and I don't want to flash someone's personal details across a forum. Drop me an email to cars4kidz@gmail.com and I will give you his details.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:22 AM
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by shanealbrandt
I have a 2007 XK-R and I live in the USA. Can someone tell me the best kit to purchase (and easiest to install) for US models? Ideally I'd like to find a kit that's just plug and play - is the one out there? I've been reading about bulb out messages and what not. I don't want that - I just want a kit where I can plug int he lights and VOILA! Does such a kit exist?

-Shane
Denver, CO

Adamesh seems the way to go. I used their trick with my Benz (putting light bulbs instead of resistors) for my aftermarket LED tail lights. No more "bulb out" warning in the dash. I'm sure it would work the same way with our Jags.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:54 PM

Im looking to pull the trigger on the Adamesh kit on my xkr 07. Anyone have any new feed back on this? I read alot but wanted to know what the last update was. It would be for US spec.

Old 04-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Originally Posted by alzxkr
Im looking to pull the trigger on the Adamesh kit on my xkr 07. Anyone have any new feed back on this? I read alot but wanted to know what the last update was. It would be for US spec.
See these threads:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...s-09-xk-93056/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ion-kit-73910/

I'm still waiting for someone who recently installed the Adamesh kit to give us a full report before I buy one.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Default Help Wanted: LED Tail Light Conversion Installer in Atlanta

Just wanted to bring this to the top of the list again...

Can anyone recommend an installer in the Atlanta area to do the LED tail light conversion?

Thanks.

Old 04-28-2014, 11:33 PM
Question Led Headlights / taillights

Can anyone tell me where to find Led Head and taillights for 2007 xk?

Old 04-29-2014, 01:36 PM
Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by alzxkr
I bought the adamesh kit a couple months ago and installed it with no issues yet. You will need to cut 2 wires on your stock wiring harness and splice in a couple power relays that he includes with the kit. ....not that big of a deal, but just a heads up in case you were unaware, they are not 100% "plug & play"

Old 04-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member

Did you do the installation yourself? If so, would you be kind enough to describe what you did in detail and what areas were difficult. Is this a job that the average do-it-yourself person can handle or do you recommend having a pro do it?

Thanks.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Did you do the installation yourself? If so, would you be kind enough to describe what you did in detail and what areas were difficult. Is this a job that the average do-it-yourself person can handle or do you recommend having a pro do it?
Thanks.
Yes, I installed them myself. While I want to say anyone could do it, realistically I should say that many probably would not, or rather perhaps not want to do so. In my opinion, it was relatively simple. However, some may not be so comfortable cutting wires in the back of their car and soldering pieces in etc.. This is the only pic I have on me right now from the installation process. Essentially, pull this black plug from the rear panel, there are 2 wires you need to work with. an Orange/Yellow and an Orange/Green wire. You have to cut these two wires in half below the black plug. For the Orange/Yellow Wire, the side of the wire nearest the black plug goes to pin 30 on the relay (red wire). The side of the wire you just cut coming from the car gets connected to pin 85 on the relay (the yellow wire). Repeat process for Orange/Green wire using the other yellow and red wires (kit comes with these 2 relays).

Also, I would avoid using crimped connections if possible, and absolutely do not do the whole "twisted wires and electrical tape" do the job correct and solder the wire joints, or be damn sure you have a good crimp on your wires.

Good luck,
Feel free to ask if you need any help with the conversion

Attached Thumbnails Because everyone likes pics... Hermann LED Tail Light Kit-image.jpg  

Last edited by M6XKR; 05-01-2014 at 07:42 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by M6XKR:
jahummer (05-01-2014), Stuart S (05-01-2014)
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by emxnyc
It may be my generation, but I'm a bit impatient when it comes to getting my hands on information—especially images—when I'm faced with a decision. So, here are some informative images of the 2010 LED tail light kit, as assembled- and sold by Jürgen Hermann (Jürgen Hermann - Jaguar-teile.de - Startseite):

The harness is a modified OEM harness—complete with the clips and retainers; ready-to-install!

Nice and tidy, out of the box:

I assume that these are the resistors to eliminate the flashing reverse light and flashing fog light.

There were concerns about whether or not these assemblies were OEM, and I think this may answer the question.

Jürgen was super responsive, and very easy to work with. I engage in international business on a regular basis, so I'm not too apprehensive about sending monies overseas, but I can imagine it would be a bit intimidating for some. This is not a cheap kit, and the thought of engaging in an international battle of 'bait and switch'—further complicated by language barriers—can be daunting.

I'm sharing my favorable experience in the hopes that it may help some of you take the leap! The only hiccup was that my first PayPal payment was sent in US dollars—of which he refused. I resent payment in Euros, but PayPal took both transactions out of my account, to the tune of ~$4,000. I asked Jürgen if he had accepted both accidentally, in which he replied (almost immediately)—stating that he has called PayPal first to ask them what had happened. He relayed their response to me, which I found above-and-beyond his responsibility to me as the customer (the double-transaction was really my fault). Needless to say, the first monies were refunded—but what I learned is that Jürgen is an honest businessman. I only wish there were more mods within his catalog for my XKR.

(Please note: I have no affiliation with Jürgen other than being a super-pleased customer.)

I'll post up some pics of the install, although that may not be too eventful, as this kit appears to be truly plug-and-play.

Oh, and in regard to PayPal: they take a big @ss bite out of both the customer and the vendor. If you have the ability to wire funds from your bank to a foreign entity via SWIFT, I strongly recommend that. You'll both be better off!

Cheers!
I don't know about others but none of these pictures came out for me.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I don't know about others but none of these pictures came out for me.
Judging from the source of those links and the date of the original post, I'd be willing to guess that those pics are long gone from the server they were hosted on.