XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 04:28 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bluetooth issues

Vehicle - 2008 XKR USA

So, I have a HTC M8 that for the last year has been paired/docked and working with no issues to my vehicle.

Last week the vehicle was at the dealer and they disconnected the battery.
At the same time Verizon pushed an update to my phone taking it the Android 5 Lollipop

Now when the phone connects to the car it connects and immediately disconnects

I have tried deleting all bluetooth entries on my phone and on the car
I have restarted phone
I have paired the phone to the car again and it comes up as successful but then disconnects.
If I go into phone and select dock, again it will connect and then disconnect

I have had no issues for last year

Anybody got ideas on what I could try?

BTW - The phone still connects and works fine on my Hyundai

Thanks

Old 03-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Received 131 Likes on 96 Posts

Not a direct answer but, on my Ford Sync when they upgraded their software my iPhone 4s stopped working. It was now too dumb. Perhaps your phone is now too smart!

Old 03-15-2015, 07:22 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same phone and update and now I can't pair to my 2007. At least is appears to be due to the phone "upgrade" and not the car.

I've been trolling the android faqs and forums to no avail. My next task is to do a factory reset. Otherwise I may use this as an excuse to get another phone. Driver safety y'know!

Old 03-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

I too have a 2008 MY and went through an incredible episode with my Motorola Razr Maxx a year ago. My phone was working flawlessly, as it relates to pairing. Then, it went south when Verizon updated the phones software, which resulted in it pairing and immediately dropping off.

I worked with Jaguar, Motorola and Verizon on this problem. I had spent endless hours pulling fuses, reloading software and nothing worked. So, let me save you the time and heartache of screwing around, as here is your solution.

I bought, under protest, an I Phone 5 and the problem was solved. Jaguar's Bluetooth technology stinks, as such it is very particular as to the phones software. However, it doesn't seem to have any problems with I Phones.

I am glad the Bluetooth now works however, I sure miss my Razr Maxx.

Old 03-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I'm not a smart phone owner but I would think any car that comes with a iphone type plug would seem to be apple bias.

Old 03-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,214 Likes on 918 Posts

I couldn't keep I Phone 4S's On my 12 xk from getting corrupted. Finally after the third corrupted I switched to the Galaxy (Samsung) S4 on the day I was eligible for an A T & T phone upgrade. I have been a happy camper ever since. I find it very ironic that people tend to blame $90k cars for phone problems when dealing with not so smart phones that cost a few hundred dollars.

Old 03-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Received 136 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ralphwg
I couldn't keep I Phone 4S's On my 12 xk from getting corrupted. Finally after the third corrupted I switched to the Galaxy (Samsung) S4 on the day I was eligible for an A T & T phone upgrade. I have been a happy camper ever since. I find it very ironic that people tend to blame $90k cars for phone problems when dealing with not so smart phones that cost a few hundred dollars.
The irony is there are $30K vehicles "out there" that work with all the phones mentioned in this, as well as, dozens of prior posts that pair flawlessly.

Old 03-16-2015, 10:23 PM
Received 107 Likes on 68 Posts

Yes it's the lollipop upgrade. My brother in-law works for lenova who bought motorola from google. Mentioned the issue to him and he mentioned it to the higher ups.

They sent a tech out immediately to look at my car and he couldn't connect either. Told them my motorola maxx worked as it had the Kit kat but gave me a garbled phone book. And my Motorola Gen 2 worked before the upgrade with the same garbled phonebook.

They used my maxx to download a bunch of information and are supposedly working on a fix but that was at least 4 months ago so not holding my breath.

Don't know how many brands are affected but cheaper to get a new phone compared to a new car, apple will probably make a killing. Asked him to check on the fix and was told they are working on it but my patience is getting thin.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to forum so be gentle. My Brand new to me 2007 XK was just delivered to my front yard yesterday. First Jaguar as, dare i say, I have several Triumphs. Thought I'd move uptown.
Bule tooth pairing issues. After reading several, but not all, posts on blue tooth, I'm not at all comfortable going forward. Tried pairing and the car (running) doesn't seem to pair with my DROID RAZR MAXX HD 4.4.2. I read where someone just went and upgraded to an Iphone. While certainly possible, is this other info I should know to make the phone I have work? Worked fine with my Cadillac but does not work in my '68 TR 250 or '66 TR4A or 59 TR3. They are all Lucas electrical and I'm dam lucky I can get the lights to work (but only during the day!)
Owners manual did not come with car, so I'm looking for one of those too.

Ok, fire away.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 534 Likes on 378 Posts
Default Terrible reception on both sides

I wish that pairing was my problem. I have an iphone 6 and the call quality stinks. I've heard this from a number of owners so I know it's not just me. Either your lucky with your phone or not. Many of the recipients of my call from the car say they can not hear me clearly or it sounds garbled. This is my second phone (first was a Pantech) so I know it's not the phone. The service rep at Jaguar told me he hears this all the time. My plan is to disconnect my Bluetooth the few times I drive the car for fun.

Old 03-20-2015, 05:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,048 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
I wish that pairing was my problem. I have an iphone 6 and the call quality stinks. I've heard this from a number of owners so I know it's not just me. Either your lucky with your phone or not. Many of the recipients of my call from the car say they can not hear me clearly or it sounds garbled.

Any chance there is a TSB for your problem? I know callers can't hear me from my '07 XK, but there is a TSB regarding it (JTB00021), as apparently the microphone was placed behind the A-pillar trim, and the fix is to put a mic outside the trim.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
but there is a TSB regarding it (JTB00021), as apparently the microphone was placed behind the A-pillar trim, and the fix is to put a mic outside the trim.
That TSB is only for VIN range B00379-B20074 so it looks like the problem was fixed from the 2008 MY.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:32 PM

An update was rolled out for my phone finally but to no avail. Actually made it worse but I finally got mine to work and maybe this will help some of you.

The phone would pair with the head unit but when going to dock it would drop and ask to reconnect or cancel. This process would continue pretty much forever and just drop the phone when docking.

Instead of using the jaguar screen to dock the phone I disconnected using the smart phone then reconnected using the smartphone's blue tooth screen instead of jag screen and it worked. Phone now connects and allows me to use hands free.

Phone book is still a garbled mess but really don't care. Just want the hands free capability while driving.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

Dpez - I know its been a few months but could you elaborate on how you made it work? I have an HTC M8 Verizon and it seems to connect then immediately disconnect every time I try it. I'm not clear on what you mean by reconnecting via the cell phone versus the car itself. I can pair it but as soon as I try to dock it disconnects. It worked one time the first night but failed again the next morning never connecting since

Also using the Jaguar compatibility site that must be years old as it negates any of the newer phones most are likely to have

Thanks

Old 12-29-2015, 04:21 PM
Veteran Member

What 4 digit code are you guys using. My 2012 OM said to use 1313 which worked as I just changed from a flip phone to a samsung smart phone. All contacts transfered too.

Old 12-29-2015, 06:11 PM
Banned
Received 238 Likes on 180 Posts

When I try to pair the phone to the car each sees the other, The car then gives the option to "pair and dock". When I choose that the car the gives a 4 digit code. If I enter that code into my phone the two are "paired". The car then asks if I want to "dock", if I select yes to docking the car says "docked" then less than a second later it disconnects and fails.

I have read a large number of others have had the same issue since updating to 5.0.1 software in the phone and there may be an update here in the near future who knows. Going to an Iphone isn't something I'm willing to do at this point. I've read where some have had luck with turning off "WiFi" that didn't help me. I've even erased the cache in the phone no help. I tried reaching out to Verizon hoping they had something but no luck

It will pair to my older Droid Incredible but doesn't like my HTC M8 on Verizon

Old 12-29-2015, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Leeper
When I try to pair the phone to the car each sees the other, The car then gives the option to "pair and dock". When I choose that the car the gives a 4 digit code. If I enter that code into my phone the two are "paired". The car then asks if I want to "dock", if I select yes to docking the car says "docked" then less than a second later it disconnects and fails.

I have read a large number of others have had the same issue since updating to 5.0.1 software in the phone and there may be an update here in the near future who knows. Going to an Iphone isn't something I'm willing to do at this point. I've read where some have had luck with turning off "WiFi" that didn't help me. I've even erased the cache in the phone no help. I tried reaching out to Verizon hoping they had something but no luck

It will pair to my older Droid Incredible but doesn't like my HTC M8 on Verizon
The samsung I just got 2 weeks ago has 5.1.1 SW in it and it pairs without an issue to my 2012 XKR. As I mentioned my OM tells me to use 1313 as the 4 digit code and do not use what comes up on the system. The docking and pairing worked and all of my contacts came into the system.

Old 12-29-2015, 09:54 PM
Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I haven't been able to pair my iPhone 6 with my '07 XK. I wish I could. My old blackberry worked fine. I got a vacuum mount for the phone and just hit speakerphone. Can't load music or ITUNESU though.

Old 12-29-2015, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,214 Likes on 918 Posts

Iphones and XKs do not get along. I speak from bitter experience. Go with Androids. My Galaxies have all worked just fine. After failures with 4 Iphone 4s's.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 09:59 AM

Hi Leeper, unfortunately when I did get the phone to dock it did not work
Wouldn't accept or place calls even though it said it was docked.

The Android Software version lollipop is solely to blame
With Kit Kat it worked fine with my car
I have had technicians from motorola out to inspect but have not gotten a response
They were not able to connect either!!

I will try what Jagtoes mentioned about code 1313 and see if that works
Still have about 1 year left on my contract. After that not sure what I'll do.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth issues