Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 11:17 PM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts
Default Bluetooth module location

All,

New to me 2007 Xk Convertible:

I think my Bluetooth module may be dead (it just sits in the press yes to pair screen).

I知 getting a new battery shortly, but want to check the module out. Any idea where it is physically?

Thanks

Old 01-27-2018, 01:14 AM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Under the navigation DVD drive

The following users liked this post:
dsd (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:29 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

You will find it when you replace the battery. If it's finding the phone but getting hung at the point of trying to pair with the phone maybe you can by with just a hard reboot. Either way suggest you start watching for replacement on EBay. See this thread with it's link to yet another.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...module-188065/

dsd (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 06:11 AM
dsd
Veteran Member

Thanks all.

It looks like it never advertises itself via Bluetooth (no TX) so I bet it’s toast

The ebay watch for a newer module begins.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:31 AM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by old_dawg
You will find it when you replace the battery. If it's finding the phone but getting hung at the point of trying to pair with the phone maybe you can by with just a hard reboot. Either way suggest you start watching for replacement on EBay. See this thread with it's link to yet another.
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...module-188065/
Funny b/c after replacing my battery and doing the typical resets ( window, parking brake Etc ) I figured o would try phone. It actually got past the ops freezing and actually saw the iPhone and got to the pairing section with a 4 digit code - never saw that before. It failed though after entering the code on the iPhone couldn't get the XK phone screen to get past where it used to always freeze at the ' yes or retry/cancel ' screen ...

Old 01-28-2018, 09:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Try changing the time out setting on your touch screen. THat's one way to solve. The typical problem isn't that the BT module is "dead". It's out dated. Phones are constantly changing, The BT module doesn't.

Here's a read for you. I swapped my BT module out for an 09 and no problems since. That said, they aren't readily available on eBay so you have to keep an eye out. When they do show up, the asking price is most times astronomical.

Cambo, who responded in this thread offers a service to update the firmware in your BT Module. I would reach out to him as I would think that's your issue. See post #40 in the attached.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...riment-152498/

Old 01-28-2018, 01:01 PM
dsd
Veteran Member

After I charged the battery, I pulled the grnd for s few to reset the modules. I also reseat the BT module connections.

I was able to successfully pair my phone (iPhone 7+) without issue.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:53 PM
Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dsd
After I charged the battery, I pulled the grnd for s few to reset the modules. I also reseat the BT module connections.

I was able to successfully pair my phone (iPhone 7+) without issue.
That's great news !!! I may try to unplug/plug the BT module and see if it gets to the pairing code screen. Otherwise disconnect battery too - but not sure if disconnecting battery also resets the car's shifting and I also need to then drive the car for 10+ miles for it to 'relearn' shift patterns Etc....

Old 01-28-2018, 03:02 PM
dsd
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by myexcursion
That's great news !!! I may try to unplug/plug the BT module and see if it gets to the pairing code screen. Otherwise disconnect battery too - but not sure if disconnecting battery also resets the car's shifting and I also need to then drive the car for 10+ miles for it to 'relearn' shift patterns Etc....
I just pulled the black GRND. I think to reset the shifting you need to pull both and touch them. Thus, I suspect you will be fine.

I did have the battery on the Ctek all night until it went green, then pulled it and redid the module connections.

Best of luck!

Old 03-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

this may sound dumb but it has worked for me (using Galaxy S5, S6, S7, and currently S8+) when I lock the car with the button on the door the Bluetooth unit seems to stay awake and time out (need to lock with keyfob and let sit overnight and it goes back to normal). but if you lock it with the keyfob, then unlock & start its available and auto pairs every time.

since I have the remote top module now (installed 1/29/18), I forget more often to use the key to lock and i find myself back in that situation. hope this helps

Old 12-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

So I haven't been trolling the forums for an age, but here in 2019, I finally got irritated enough to track this issue back, and changing the time out on the touch screen resolved the issue!! THANK YOU!!!

Originally Posted by Sean W
Try changing the time out setting on your touch screen. THat's one way to solve. The typical problem isn't that the BT module is "dead". It's out dated. Phones are constantly changing, The BT module doesn't.

Here's a read for you. I swapped my BT module out for an 09 and no problems since. That said, they aren't readily available on eBay so you have to keep an eye out. When they do show up, the asking price is most times astronomical.

Cambo, who responded in this thread offers a service to update the firmware in your BT Module. I would reach out to him as I would think that's your issue. See post #40 in the attached.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...riment-152498/

Sean W (12-17-2019)
Old 01-25-2023, 07:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking Dead Bluetooth & Pairing/2009 XF

Just went through the nightmare of figuring out the dead bluetooth. Dealer tried all the various things...said it was dead. I located a replacement, which wasn't easy. Here are the details I can share:

Bluetooth module is under the driver's seat on a 2009. Not sure about other years or models.
It's not the module that's attached to the seat itself. It's under the carpet.

Old MODULE part # is 7G9N-10D893-AF. The replacement module is almost identical: 7G9N-10D893-AG.
Finding that number was hard, but I verified it, first with a Jaguar Dealer, and then with the seller on Ebay.
I paid $205 with shipping. I spent $180 to put it in. If I had felt confident I could tilt the seat back and do it myself, I would have, but it wasn't easy. It's hard to reach and the bolts are difficult to take out because of placement. But, if you're handy that way, go for it...wasn't that hard. Jaguar doesn't make it easy!

Once it was in, and the battery was reconnected, you'll want to start the car, go to the bluetooth setting (mine is iPhone 11). I also deleted all previous phones that were docked. It finally found my phone and asked for me to plug in a 4 digit number, and VOILA! It paired!! I'm more than thrilled because the dealer wanted $850 to do the job.

The following 5 users liked this post by Diwoman:
Cee Jay (01-25-2023), kj07xk (01-25-2023), ralphwg (01-28-2023), RichardS (01-26-2023), V7Sport (01-26-2023)
Old 01-26-2023, 03:59 PM
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Default BT Module

Originally Posted by dsd
Thanks all.

It looks like it never advertises itself via Bluetooth (no TX) so I bet it痴 toast

The ebay watch for a newer module begins.
We had the same issue with our XK last year. The selling dealer was supposed to replace the module, but after a frustrating wait I posted this thread and got help from Bill in post #7.

I purchased a Volvo module on Ebay and we have enjoyed uninterrupted BT ever since.

Good hunting