XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Bluetooth streaming frustrations in a 2014 xkr

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:00 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by CatsAzz
I just went thru this with a Bovee 1000 on an XKR. IOS firmware, downloading a file on apple music did not help.
I had not paired the phone (Apple 7+) to the jags phone. once i paired it to the phone it magically started working with the bovee. do a BT connect to the jag first then to the Bovee. you can have a phone BT connection and a music connection simultaneously.

Hope this helps someone.
the Bovee and phone are completely independent and should work regardless of the others connection status. My wife and I both have iPhones and it works fine. However, if there are two devices paired to the bovee only the first connected will play music.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have been folowing this thread - actually just traded my car today for an XKR 5.0 Convertible (2011) and want to stream my music from an iPhone. So it looks like a Bovee 1000 is the answer - I have seen these on Amazon and it seems that some come with a lead for RR/Jaguar - do I need this or does the unit plug straight into the socket which I see under the arm rest? I have a USB and multipin socket there. No leads as far as I can see.

Thanks for your help - don't want to spend extra on a cable that I don't need

----
jeremy

Old 07-12-2019, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zooliu
I finally figured the nonstop Spotify "Pausing Bug" out!

For anyone with a Jaguar where you want to play a music streaming service (Spotify, Pandora, etc) and you connect your smartphone to the car using the ipod connector method (bluetooth, tune2air WMA1000, ipod cable, etc) AND you're plagued with non-stop pausing when trying to play anything on your phone, the wacky reason is because you do not have any iTunes songs on your phone. This is why some folks have reported some phones working or even ipads working while other phones wont.

See this link if you want to understand more about this weird issue:

https://medium.com/@bkbkbk/beethoven...882#.lh7awifhu

The great news is this can be easily fixed by just adding any song to your iphone via iTunes. If you read the above article there's a great MP3 you can add (below) that is a stellar way to get a song onto your iphone that plays without being annoying while triggering the system to recognize your phone and allow full play. Just download the MP3 and then drop it onto your phone library in iTunes and sync.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...p%2520Song.m4a

My god, i was so close to ripping the CD changer apart to figure out a way to hard-wire in an aux system.

What a nice way to start the holiday!

Best, steve
Zooliu,

Just a quick thank you for your post - it has been driving me mad too. Mine used to work and all of a sudden it stopped about 6 months ago. It just so happens that that coincided when I removed itunes off my phone as I use spotify. I just reinstalled it and wala! it works!

Thank you

Goschman