XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Body Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Kits

I have been scouring the internet for any and all information I can find on body kits for my 2013 XKR. I have also consulted with a very reputable local performance body shop. The owner confirmed what I suspected from my research-there doesn't seem to be a lot of options. I have only found 2 (FX Design and Prior Design). On the FX website it says the only thing they have compatible to the 2013 is the rear bumper. I have left voice mails and filled out information request multiple times for both companies and have thus far received no response.

Finally (sorry) my question: before I drop thousands of dollars on a kit (if I ever here back from any of them) can anyone chime in on this? Has anyone had any dealings with either company? Are there any other reputable/recommended companies I should be looking at?

Thank you so much in advance.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Also Arden offers a kit.

A member here tberg did the FX rear bumper and I'm sure he can offer some input.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...g-soon-122544/

Other than some options from Jaguar for skirts, splitters, spoilers, etc. there is not much else out there.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:33 PM

That looks nice! Thank you for the reply, I'll check into it.

Old 08-19-2020, 01:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

If you want a body kit, do what this member did:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...dition-196122/

Old 08-19-2020, 02:34 PM

Looking for something a little more subtle, LOL

Old 08-19-2020, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Geauxbigcat,
That is a picture of the F/X Design rear bumper/diffuser on my car in Jahummer's response to your original post. some have painted the diffuser either black or charcoal to give more contrast. I painted it body color to be a bit more subtle. I did not like their front splitter nor side pieces, so I used Mina Galleries' side skirts and front splitter which mimic the OEM XKR175 pieces exactly. in fact, my front splitter broke last week and I picked one up from Chris at Mina. It is being installed and painted today. Although Mina doesn't show the pieces on his website any longer, he still has the moulds and is willing to make them to order.n

The following 2 users liked this post by tberg:
GeauxBigCat (08-25-2020), MarkyUK (08-19-2020)
Old 08-19-2020, 05:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I forgot to mention David Grantley’s body kit. Lots of nice options there and he swears his product offers superior fitment to FRP, GRP, etc kits.

I have spoken with him on several occasions and he KNOWS these cars quite well which helps.

https://www.grantleydesign.com

Old 08-19-2020, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

StarTech offers some minor exterior items, and some nice, but expensive interior mods.

https://www.startech.de/en/startech-...jaguar-xk-xkr/

Last edited by JagRag; 08-19-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member

Here are some side and front views of the body kit parts I added to my car. I couldn't upload pictures from my phone earlier as I was at a doctor's appt.

The following users liked this post:
peterv8 (08-19-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 05:48 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Here are some side and front views of the body kit parts I added to my car. I couldn't upload pictures from my phone earlier as I was at a doctor's appt.

I think that all these elements only serve to not get bored and above all to take away value and personality from the car.
I think that a car of origin is the more valuable it has and the more beautiful it looks

ExKayRick (11-16-2021)
Old 08-20-2020, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member

The factory XKR175 came with the same front splitter and the side skirts as I put on mine, so would that have met with your disapproval as well? As for value, I keep my cars forever, I've never sold one yet, so that never entered my considerations. As for the rear bumper/diffuser, I just wanted something a little different and found the F/X design interesting. When I restored my Pantera, I made some tasteful upgrades mostly on the interior and the engine and although originality is valued, it made it a car I was more comfortable driving and made it more drivable, isn't that the point?

The following 3 users liked this post by tberg:
Cee Jay (08-20-2020), jahummer (08-20-2020), peterv8 (08-20-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 703 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
I forgot to mention David Grantley’s body kit. Lots of nice options there and he swears his product offers superior fitment to FRP, GRP, etc kits.

I have spoken with him on several occasions and he KNOWS these cars quite well which helps.

https://www.grantleydesign.com

I quite like this example except the rear spoiler is a bit too much for me.

wj

Old 08-20-2020, 12:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Not me, man. That front end looks like it got squished from both sides.

Old 08-20-2020, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Here we go again! This question was asked and answered years ago.

How about a full body kit with a face (trans)plant? The poor man's Aston Martin:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184230601322

What do I think about it?
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...odykit-145570/ Read the entire thread for lots of opinions. Here's my Post #5 from 2015:

The Prior Design front bumper is copied from Aston Martin. Why would you want to look like something you're not? If you prefer the Aston Martin look, then just buy an Aston. An AM-look nose job will reduce the value of your Jag, but it's your car, your money, and your choice. Just not something I would do, but there are others who disagree.

IMHO, sticking an Aston grille on a Jaguar is like putting lipstick on a pig (not meant to disparage the Jag; it is the farthest thing from being a pig). But since I brought up the subject, do you know the difference between a fox and a pig?

About 6 beers.

Since you're a newbie, there have been many threads about different body kits with varying opinions from Forum members. Here are links to a few:

From Prior Design: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...p-down-111908/

From Sarona: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/e...postid=1259164

From Mina Gallery: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...ody-kit-72056/

Note that the above links are old and might not work.

Many members have modded their cars, from mild to wild. Have fun with yours!

steve_k_xk (08-21-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 01:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 703 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Not me, man. That front end looks like it got squished from both sides.
and that's what makes the world go round...different strokes for different folks

wj

Old 08-20-2020, 04:35 PM
Veteran Member

It's funny how things come full circle. If I'm not mistaken Henderson's XKR had the Aston Martin front end on it when he purchased it, and he removed it to put a "classier" Jaguar front back on. Maybe he has some before and afters we can look at side by side.

steve_k_xk (08-21-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 11:40 AM
Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by tberg
Geauxbigcat,
That is a picture of the F/X Design rear bumper/diffuser on my car in Jahummer's response to your original post. some have painted the diffuser either black or charcoal to give more contrast. I painted it body color to be a bit more subtle. I did not like their front splitter nor side pieces, so I used Mina Galleries' side skirts and front splitter which mimic the OEM XKR175 pieces exactly. in fact, my front splitter broke last week and I picked one up from Chris at Mina. It is being installed and painted today. Although Mina doesn't show the pieces on his website any longer, he still has the moulds and is willing to make them to order.n
I spoke with Chris today (I named dropped you and he immediately knew you and your car and I am going to move forward with him. I really like the look of yours. Aggressive while still maintaining the classy look of the Jaguar (which is why I chose the XK over a vette). Thank you so much for the recommendation. I don't know if I would have ever found a kit without your help! - google searches were coming up pretty much zero.

Old 08-25-2020, 11:44 AM

I spoke with Chris today (I named dropped you and he immediately knew you and your car and I am going to move forward with him. I really like the look of yours. Aggressive while still maintaining the classy look of the Jaguar (which is why I chose the XK over a vette). Thank you so much for the recommendation. I don't know if I would have ever found a kit without your help! - google searches were coming up pretty much zero.

Old 08-25-2020, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member

I saw Chris last week as my front chin splitter had cracked and broken (too many steep driveways). He climbed up to the top of some 12' high shelves, shuffled a few pieces, and climbed down with a new one for me. Since I live just minutes away, if I can be of any help (like giving him a nudge if you need something quickly) just let me know. I would be more than happy to help. When I added Mina's and F/X's pieces I was inspired by the look of another forum member's car that fit the description you atrributed to mine. I loved the look of his car and tried to make mine similar. I have not seen his posts in a while so I'm assuming he has moved on to a different car. Make your car what you want it to be and don't be worried about what others think.

The following 4 users liked this post by tberg:
JackJohn (08-26-2020), peterv8 (08-26-2020), ralphwg (08-27-2020), steve_k_xk (08-26-2020)
Old 11-14-2021, 03:01 PM
Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Grantley Design poll

So what's the verdict on the Grantley Design bodykit?
1. The XKR is a classic, don't mess with it
2. The original design is dated and Grantley have brought it up to date

Quick Reply: Body Kits