XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Can I remove dvd rom?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2024, 12:54 AM
Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Can I remove dvd rom?

So my touchscreen was doing the flashing home screen thing its done in the past. Needed a new battery anyways so I was sure it would solve the problem but it only got less frequent. I saw on you tube that the amp,screen, and dvd are on a loop and will not work if any of the modules are out. I am getting the "loop blocker" that he used to test each one by closing it off from the loop and seeing if it worked. If it did then that module was the faulty one.

My screen has been doing fine so im attributing it to the 8 months she sat needing a new water pump. Can you guys tell me what the heck the stack of electronics does in the trunk? Im guessing the dvd drive is for gps. Cant think of anything else. Reason im asking is im still getting the loop closer and was thinking of closing the dvd loop and removing everything that isnt being used. I figure one less module that can go out and I dont need gps or anything to do with am/fm radio.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

I can understand looping it out if it isn't working, but TAKING it out? Why? If/when you sold it, there would be a big blank spot where everything should be. NOT a good selling point. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it, even if disconnected.
Yes, the disk reader is GPS. There's also the SAT radio module and the Bluetooth module in that location.
My father-in-law had a quirk...... he absolutely refused to buy a used car with A/C because it MAY go out some day.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
jahummer (04-13-2024), kj07xk (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 10:23 AM
Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I can understand looping it out if it isn't working, but TAKING it out? Why? If/when you sold it, there would be a big blank spot where everything should be. NOT a good selling point. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it, even if disconnected.
Yes, the disk reader is GPS. There's also the SAT radio module and the Bluetooth module in that location.
My father-in-law had a quirk...... he absolutely refused to buy a used car with A/C because it MAY go out some day.
Yeah your right. Think I'm just running out of things to do to her. Hopefully one day I'll be the opposite of your old man. If I ever get a Killer Chiller this thing has to have a/c. It MAY go out some day, and he'd probably think I was an idiot if he found out you can't drive the car without it working.

Old 04-13-2024, 10:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

The top module is satellite radio, the one below the Navigation module is BT phone module.