XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Can someone help with some fault codes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 08:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can someone help with some fault codes?

I have 2007 xkr x150 4.2 convertible, history of the car is unknown except it had accident and front was dameged. Car runs fine, no warnings on the dash, but obd diagnostic shows some fault's.
after clearing codes all comes back.
tested all wirings everything is good, communication tested with oscilloscope all ok HCAN MCAN LIN..
except:
Fault with amplifier b - I find 2 cutted off big blue cables (with 9 wires inside each) these goes from passenger footwell (were are amplifier) to the trunk. I think here was another amplifier..
original amplifier working. SDD shows green tick. But all wires from the speaker's are cutted off then connected with amplifier and insulated with black tape.
Steering column lock fault: here is no module, steering column have something like original cover screwed with bolt were this module must to be.
Speed control module: all faults light's up when car not started, just ignition is on.

I think here are swapped some modules or something like that, because CCF shows some mismatch's.
I tried change some configuration's, but without success..
​​Any advice would be great.

Sorry for my English

Old 05-10-2021, 09:47 PM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

Sounds like a bad battery?
How old is your battery?

Old 05-10-2021, 10:20 PM
Received 697 Likes on 351 Posts

Is your check engine light on? Are you experiencing drivability issues? These sound like intermittent nuisance codes and as mentioned above, the battery should be checked.

Otherwise, I don' see an issue here.

Old 05-11-2021, 02:47 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks like some aftermarket audio work has been done...poorly.
Do the audio and speed control buttons on the steering wheel work? (if equipped)
Does the infotainment system function correctly?

Old 05-11-2021, 05:16 AM

I did not notice any driving problems, no check engine on the dash. the battery looks like new. but not original. i don't think it's a battery problem because all the tests and obd scans are done with a battery charger that lasts up to 180a 13.3v.
and yesterday, I tried with the engine running - same faults.
only noticed that after clearing the fault codes the speed limiter works, but after a couple of minutes when the fault "invalid data received from speed contol module" occurs in obd, then on the dash "speed limiter not available" lights up, and speed limiter doesn't work.
another think I noticed is that when i try to connect to any module in the MOST network line via obd, it looks like a big power consumption shock. at that moment, engine damping is felt. Tomorrow I will test it deeper..

Old 05-11-2021, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Night Hawk
Looks like some aftermarket audio work has been done...poorly.
Do the audio and speed control buttons on the steering wheel work? (if equipped)
Does the infotainment system function correctly?
all steering wheel buttons working perfectly, audio and speed control and gear shifter's too.. I did not notice any issues with infotainment system (maybe not tried all functions). Will check this tomorrow..
In ccf configuration's file audio system is Premium sound 4x70w 12 speaker's, but in real car have only 8. When I change to "high performance 4x40w 8 speaker's" then no audio at all and lcd won't boot up, shows only jaguar logo.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:15 AM
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Fault with amplifier b - I find 2 cutted off big blue cables (with 9 wires inside each) these goes from passenger footwell (were are amplifier) to the trunk. I think here was another amplifier..
original amplifier working. SDD shows green tick. But all wires from the speaker's are cutted off then connected with amplifier and insulated with black tape.
I highly suspect those 9 wire cables are OEM and the previous work done, just By passed the existing wiring, not knowing how it would effect things.

Thankfully they knew enough to keep the steering wheel buttons functioning. Sorry, I can't help more...but I would find the wiring diagrams and find out
where the Blue harnesses run and where they connected originally. Or if you can live with it and it doesn't cause issues (se la vee).

Old 05-12-2021, 02:58 PM

Today I figured out what is causing this fault "U0405-8f Invalid data received from speed control". This fault was caused by my launch obd scanner. this fault does not occur during SDD diagnostics and the speed limiter works fine, but if I click "clear all DTC's" with Launch, the speed limiter no longer works.

Old 05-13-2021, 07:52 AM

And B1026-13 Steering column lock - open circuit. I Found a document XK419002NASF.pdf and how I understand this is just module software glitch ( false fault code) or something like that..

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
XK419002NASF (1).pdf (45.4 KB, 207 views)
Old 06-06-2024, 05:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very usefull this post

I have Uo405-83 and UO405-8f code and now I know!

Old 06-07-2024, 08:35 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

You might be able to reset that wonky module by doing a Hard Reset. That will discharge the capacitors in certain control modules by grounding them, which returns them to their original defaults. Follow the steps in the above link.

Old 06-10-2024, 09:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes! Thanks for the info. My jag is a convertible so i will make shure toi not damage my window trim before doing a reset 👍