XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

The car is going lightly on the left side

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

If somebody can take a look at the alignment done (on page 2), even if it is in Spanish, I will really appreciate it, sorry we can not see the bottom of the page,
or i must have it translated.

10k depreciation 100 euros per 500 km, 20k km is 4k, insurance 2 k, maintenance repair easy 4 k = 20 k per year for 20k km.1 euros per km, 1.4 dollars each 0.62 miles...its a 2.5 dol mile ride...easy....not to count our dear tolls here

brandnew xkr crash in india

XKR CRASH !! HOW to GEt repaired ?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-16-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
If somebody can take a look at the alignment done (on page 2), even if it is in Spanish, I will really appreciate it, sorry we can not see the bottom of the page,
or i must have it translated.

10k depreciation 100 euros per 500 km, 20k km is 4k, insurance 2 k, maintenance repair easy 4 k = 20 k per year for 20k km.1 euros per km, 1.4 dollars each 0.62 miles...its a 2.5 dol mile ride...easy....not to count our dear tolls here

brandnew xkr crash in india

XKR CRASH !! HOW to GEt repaired ?
I finally found a pair of shoes matching the seat design with perforated leather...lol...

eBay | Clarks Originals Desert Boot Hommes Marron Cuir Chaussures Bottes EU 41

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

I am experiencing some tapping sounds when i release my feet from the accelerator, I remember one day I had a transmission problem and the service manager asked me, if it was while accelerating or when i release my feet. There might be different bushing related to each.

What is sad if i do not feel calling the dealership, i did not get a copy of the alignment as requested, the first one was hard to read at the bottom.

The next jaguar shop is at 300 km. But I am thinking to go there to have the brake issue fixed and this transmission looked. I am not saying the dealership here is bad, i am saying there is a difference between a shop where you go for some time and a a brand new shop willing to listen to you and make the efforts to satisfy you. This will be the reason why I will be changing of car soon, mine is on sale for all the traumas. I has costed me 65 K with services paper etc its on sale for 56 K, and i am ready to go lower.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-23-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I am so sorry Pierre... You know my chirp happens with hard accel and lifting foot off the gas as well!

Ryan

Old 05-24-2013, 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

I am experiencing some tapping sounds when i release my feet from the accelerator, I remember one day I had a transmission problem and the service manager asked me, if it was while accelerating or when i release my feet. There might be different bushing related to each.

What is sad if i do not feel calling the dealership, i did not get a copy of the alignment as requested, the first one was hard to read at the bottom.

The next jaguar shop is at 300 km. But I am thinking to go there to have the brake issue fixed and this transmission looked. I am not saying the dealership here is bad, i am saying there is a difference between a shop where you go for some time and a a brand new shop willing to listen to you and make the efforts to satisfy you. This will be the reason why I will be changing of car soon, mine is on sale for all the traumas. I has costed me 65 K with services paper etc its on sale for 56 K, and i am ready to go lower.
Send Mike a message to see if he has a suggestion on who to contact?!? This car has had so much trouble in such a short time... As you know I understand your frustration!

Old 05-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Send Mike a message to see if he has a suggestion on who to contact?!? This car has had so much trouble in such a short time... As you know I understand your frustration!

I am tired Ryan. but Thanks. It seems to me the regular normal maintenance is difficult to get. I am tired at fighting with brand focusing on asian market, i rather buy asian products.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-24-2013 at 09:27 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

I called Francisco and he asked me to come monday at 4 pm which is really cool,

I believed the issue of the car going tailhappy has something to see with the brakes, the rear right wheel is blocked with the brakes and when i pass a speed, it may influct with the car linearity, maybe this is disturbing the gearbox as well. I asked him to check cylinblocs gearbox crankshaft and balance etc..and the rear right wheel. I am freaking as i have been very careful with this gearbox. I feel using the paddles is not for me as it has happened pretty fast after.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-24-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Veteran Member

I don't fell the same grip with the p zero on the xk than on the xj due to less steering data infos but yes they are much better than the original used Dunlop, the drifts are easier to control, less brutal and there is anyway more traction.
I enjoy it.

how ugly they turned this poor xkrs, I had a 9 month nightmare with them, sadly their website seems ok and well designed but if you knew the deal i got from them you will never want spend 1 second on their site. As i found website selling jaguar parts looks a bit cheap to me.
http://www.arden.de/en/parts/jaguar/xkr-s/exterior/

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
That makes sense on cleaning the injectors...most shops send these to other shops that specialize in cleaning and rebuilding injectors. Yes, they should try cleaning the throttle body first...

Correct on teh alignment. If they did the geometry for all 4 wheels then it should be fine...unless they did not do it correctly. Do you have another shop that can check the geometry to make sure it was properly aligned?
So cleaning the trottle body did it finally. i hope i don't speak too fast but i will do this every 4 tank of gas i will buy the 98 unleaded , to clean the system. i use 95 and will use 98 every 4 times. Thanks again Rscultho.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-29-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

So cleaning the trottle body did it finally. i hope i don't speak too fast but i will do this every 4 tank of gas i will buy the 98 unleaded , to clean the system. i use 95 and will use 98 every 4 times. Thanks again Rscultho.
Unless you have exceptionally dirty fuel or dirty air (intake) filters throttle body cleaning should only be required during the normal service intervals...

But doing as you suggest certainly won't hurt...

So is everything taken care of now? Are you functioning within normal parameters?

Old 05-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Unless you have exceptionally dirty fuel or dirty air (intake) filters throttle body cleaning should only be required during the normal service intervals...

But doing as you suggest certainly won't hurt...

So is everything taken care of now? Are you functioning within normal parameters?
Just this problem with the transmission, 5-6 hours job to replace some bushes they said.

I still have a valve noise at times when I shut off the engine. Yesterday I was turning on the left on the freeway and very fast I was over steering, I do not know why so I will ask to the geometry place who seems real good nearby a good copy to have it check out.

I am waiting they call me when they will have a car available. Thanks for asking.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-29-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

Just this problem with the transmission, 5-6 hours job to replace some bushes they said.

I still have a valve noise at times when I shut off the engine. Yesterday I was turning on the left on the freeway and very fast I was over steering, I do not know why so I will ask to the geometry place who seems real good nearby a good copy to have it check out.

I am waiting they call me when they will have a car available. Thanks for asking.
He already offered me last monday to come the day after but that no cars were available so i waited and i am going tomorrow. No cars but at least the problem will be resolved. I appreciate their help.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

He already offered me last monday to come the day after but that no cars were available so i waited and i am going tomorrow. No cars but at least the problem will be resolved. I appreciate their help.
I hope this all gets taken care of for you tomorrow my friend!! You need to be done with all the problems!

Loth

Old 06-03-2013, 12:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I hope this all gets taken care of for you tomorrow my friend!! You need to be done with all the problems!

Loth
Thank you Ryan, They have been more than ok with me in Spain, its me who sometimes loose patience quickly and speak too much on the defensive remembering old run arounds, I trust Francisco which i know since 3 years now. He also have the spirit for the jags, you feel in trust with him. I should have follow him when he moved a few miles away ( same owner dealership but different location) , others customers did right away.
He is the one also telling me when not to change a part or others stuff i want change sometimes. The warranty should cover me, if not, it is not too bad. I have a bad production, almost nothing for 7 months, this has triggered me a lot in my business but i will bounce back like a 2 month old cat soon.

Its not the owner or the tecnicians or how easy access the dealership is, it is how is the service manager willing to help you out, how much time and power he give to his tecnicians to do the job for you.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-03-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

I filled out the gas with 95 unleaded, maybe the gas station was bad, a guy recommend me Shell or Bp in Spain and using 98 at least every 4 times. I filled out the tank at Repsol with 95 and getting out my car of the garage at idle, the engine was noisy like a hole in the exhaust or an aluminium cache vibrating, it sounded like an old engine, the injectors were much more noisy, i started freaking, and filled out the tank with 98 and its gone. and same for the "clic" within the gear selector, totally gone.

Old 06-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

I filled out the gas with 95 unleaded, maybe the gas station was bad, a guy recommend me Shell or Bp in Spain and using 98 at least every 4 times. I filled out the tank at Repsol with 95 and getting out my car of the garage at idle, the engine was noisy like a hole in the exhaust or an aluminium cache vibrating, it sounded like an old engine, the injectors were much more noisy, i started freaking, and filled out the tank with 98 and its gone. and same for the "clic" within the gear selector, totally gone.
Again at 3H 30 pm i heard that vibrating noise i was thinking its the engine, then the exhaust and i sent an email saying i was coming at 4 pm; they fixed it right away it was well an exhaust cache. How cool they are indeed, i shall have bought this jag in Spain but it was 15 kE more expensive here, instead they are fixing the french mess, at no profit...why i also agreed to change the tire sooner which i do not regret. And same for the used Land rover its almost 8-10 k more expensive in Spain than france.

I hope the best for others and lot of enjoyment. No error message with the xkr, i did 10 000 km. I did more 600 k kilometers in jags. Same with 45000 km with the 08 xk, no error messages, just a part vibrating in the exhaust silencer, but it was not a chirp, very distinct big noise, while driving on a bumpy road.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-06-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

What is an exhaust cache and what was wrong with it?

Old 06-06-2013, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
What is an exhaust cache and what was wrong with it?
The part who protect the exhaust from the heat you know, sorry, about my english since 2004 I am loosing it. this has happened on both xk...floating corners.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-06-2013 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 483 Likes on 404 Posts

Hmmmm... so an exhaust heat shield was causing a clicking sound when going from D to R? That's interesting. I wonder if I have a similar issue, because I have a clicking sound when using the paddle shifters sometimes and also a clicking when going from D to R sometimes. I also have a jingling sound when going over bumps.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:24 AM
Veteran Member

No Alan, the "clic" sounds i was hearing from D to S has happened the first 20 miles after getting back the car from this transmission job, goes to knows why, if it is a safety measure or something else ( it was coming from right under the gear selector, while turning it ). it's not there anymore it has disapeared right after cooling down the engine first time.

What the heat foil protector was doing was vibrating at acceleration and idle too. like the sounds of a 200k miles engine...i thought it was an injector noise that is why i upgrade from 95 to 98 in vain indeed as it was this alu or metal heat part.

so all is gone now.

Sometimes going from D to R I can hear a "cloug" noise, it's normal as there is slack, its lightly loose there, they said, compare to land rover transmission, so at times it can be .....i noticed depending how is the car, flat or on a hill, it does not do it...they even said, changing the crankshaft (transmission axle) may not change anything...its the way it is built.

Taking off the transmission axle and set it back, tied it up, has taken them 2 hours at 60 euros/h, it's pretty decent. No part were changed. And the service manager came with 3 copies of the transmission to show exactly what they' ve done, indeed they tied up back everything...3 section of the transmission axle. There was a lot of slack before.

The problem he said is that we only do a lot of short acceleration on these cars....changing the crankshaft, transmission axle, is 800 euros, changing the transmission is 5k.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-07-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply: The car is going lightly on the left side