XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

This car has been a piece of s*** since day one

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 04:00 AM
Received 123 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Sam
The headliner had to be replaced.
All four front parking sensors stopped working.
The electronic differential is giving me that stupid error message.
The TPMS sensor light comes on intermittently.
The lift struts for the hood had to be replaced.
The lift struts for the trunk are getting weak.
The damn air conditioner is leaking all over the floor.
The oil change guy broke that tube next to the oil filter.
AND TODAY A RADIATOR HOSE BURST!

I floored it to pass someone on a 2 lane road. About 30 seconds later the low coolant light came on. I already had Torque up and running so I started to watch the coolant temp. It was doing fine. It was in the low 190s. I thought the little patch I made in the coolant pipe by the oil filter had come off.

I was 8 miles from home at this point.

I kept watching the coolant temps. When I stopped at intersections the temp would creep up, but that's what it always does. As I got closer to my neighborhood the temps were staying higher than normal. When I turned into the neighborhood Torque told me the coolant was 217. When I pulled into my garage it was 224.

I quickly turned off the engine. The fan kept running, which never happens. I popped the hood and pulled off the cover. The little patch I made on the pipe was fine. Then I noticed a puddle of coolant spreading out on the floor. I apparently popped a hose when I floored it. I looked to see if I could tell where the coolant was coming from, but with the supercharger and all of the ducting it's impossible to tell. I'm going to have to get it towed to the dealer.

Oh yeah... I had all four TPMS sensors replaced today. The light came back on while driving home, so it must be a problem with on of the receivers in the wheel well.
well i've said this before...That's what happens when you buy a used Jaguar XKR from most of these irresponsible owners that trade them in.The owners before you buy it seem like they just don't know how to take care of any car no matter what car they buy brand new off the lot.I like to keep whatever car i buy in the ment condition that i bought it in and don't believe in breaking anything on it and if i do,i get it repaired immediately.I'm pretty OCD about my stuff not working or looking right.I don't see how people can ride around with their stuff all broke on their car(especially if it's a rare expensive jag or something more exotic)like they bought it from a meth addict in a trailer park and then trade it after they did meth in it and abused it enough to become a another persons problem when all they doing is buying their dream car if they find 1 used

Last edited by Barry Leftwich; 11-02-2021 at 04:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
guy (11-06-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 09:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

Originally Posted by chemosabe
I love this old post and would love to find a knowledgeable guy like you in my area! Keep up the good work!
"guy".....
heh.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cee Jay:
80sRule (11-02-2021), V7Sport (11-03-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 12:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 918 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
"guy".....
heh.
Let’s just let this go lol.

I will say I don’t do as much side work anymore because I’ve been promoted into a role that has me do a lot of odd ball hours at various plants. I also bought that Granturismo at a steal and am buttoning up some work on that; you don’t get good deals on perfect cars.

Old 11-07-2021, 06:16 PM
Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
There happens to be a load of plastic parts as the entire cooling system is made of plastic. Replacing all the plastic parts seems to be unrealistic and prohibitively expensive. Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Cost me around € 800 including taxes.

Hermann

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (11-11-2021)