XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Cement dust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Unhappy Cement Dust

When I went to my car in our building's parking garage yesterday I noticed the entire garage was full of a white powder/dust floating in the air, apparently they did drilling in the cement floor and close to my parking space, my car and several surrounding cars were covered in cement dust. I could not believe what I was seeing on my poor brand new car, thank goodness the top wasn't down. I was already late for a doctor's appt and had no time to rinse off the car. After my appt I didn't know what I should do, either go to a local detailer since my spine is messed up vs going to a coin operated wash spray booth and immediately blast off the grime myself; I decided to get on the interstate and try to blow off as much of this as I could then stop at Pep boys for some microfiber towels and go to spray booth. I knew I was in no shape to do this and it would kill my spine but also knew if I let this stuff stay on the car especially the cloth top it could be a serious problem. So I power sprayed the whole car several times then carefully dried it off as best as I could dealing with the pain and it appears I got to it in time; my car thanks me I'm sure, but my body is paying the price

Last edited by RJC; 03-06-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Received 109 Likes on 87 Posts

RJC,
What a shame; use a vacuum cleaner on the top and next time use an air nozzle first (which you did by driving) then water with baby(mild) shampoo.
You need to contact the Garage owner(in writing); they are responsible for any long term damage effects.

Good Luck, Adrian

Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
RJC
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Hi Adrian,

I thought about vacuuming the top but my body would only let me do so much. I am glad I got on the highway first before using the water sprayer; I was very careful to make sure I thoroughly cleaned the top with sweeping motions several times. It appears everything came off well and this is yet another reason to always keep our cars paint and tops well protected. Could you imagine if my top was down? I did contact the building mgr and she said it was covered under the contractors insurance but hopefully we don't need it. Thanks

Old 03-07-2012, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

That sucks, good think the top was down as you said otherwise things could be worse than you can imagine