XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Check out these mats...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Question.

My XK is a black interior with the dark walnut trim.... (obvioulsy no contrasting stitching on an '07)
I was actually thinking about a black mat, black trim, and a dark grey/silver logo to minimize contrast.
I was also pondering if a dark red logo would clash (for lack of red anywhere else but the start button) with my interior?

Thoughts? ( Sadly, I have no color matching skills so opinions are welcome!)

Vince

Old 02-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts

You hit a home run with those! They look fabulous!

Old 02-23-2013, 11:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow - black and red sounds really nice. Do you know anyone who is good with photoshop or similar? They could take my picture and turn the mat black and words red. I think that would be beautiful. They will send you sample squares of all the colors so you can check out the look in your car. You may see if they have thread samples - i know they have every color.

Old 02-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Received 4,280 Likes on 3,700 Posts

I like those - the dark brown logo really stands out. These would definitely look better than the lambs wool slab currently in my cat.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:33 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts
Default Good find!

Originally Posted by rscultho
Really like the large Jaguar logo. The surging color is "silver", but is almost white, which matches the white contrast stitching in my leather.

Got them from AutoETC...think they were around $77 for the two front with logo and heel pad...

Good find. They look great! Yes, the large leaper logo is sweet. Do they come with leather edging? I'm going to email them. Thanks for sharing.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:39 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Thebeachatnight
Went with the matching ones with brown logo. They are perfect and look incredible. Here are some shots. Sprayed with scotch guard and waiting to put them in for good. They are thicker and have a bit of a dot pattern being so much thicker they won't show dirt near as much and look really rich. Thrilled.
They even match your granite counter tops. LOL. They look sweet.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
... Do they come with leather edging? ...
DGL,

I contacted them several months ago and they do not offer leather or vinyl edging, only a serged edge in your choice of thread colors.

Stuart

Old 02-23-2013, 10:19 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
DGL,

I contacted them several months ago and they do not offer leather or vinyl edging, only a serged edge in your choice of thread colors.

Stuart
Thanks buddy. I'll order a set and have a leather shop add the edging. I really like the large logo. I'll go with black plush, black leather edging with cranberry red stitching to match interior. I'll try to order them with no edging because the leather shop will need to remove it to add the leather. Putting the leather edging on top of their edging would make the edging too large. Did you order a pair?

Old 02-25-2013, 01:41 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

I ordered a set today. Plush black with black edging and wine color logo stitching to match cranberry stitching on car. Does the driver side mat come with the heel cover? I'm not too fussy having a plastic heel guard.

Old 02-26-2013, 06:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I ordered a set today. Plush black with black edging and wine color logo stitching to match cranberry stitching on car. Does the driver side mat come with the heel cover? I'm not too fussy having a plastic heel guard.
If you did not order a heel pad it will not come with one. I have purchased several sets, the first one I did not specifically ask for a heel pad and the mats did not come with one. You could still probably call back and get it if you wanted it.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Another vote for AutoETC

I just received a set of front carpets, in 'Praire', with a logo in Red.
I got the 'plush upgrade' and they're significantly better that the OEM (caramel) mats.
Nicely made. I ordered them thru EBay, which was a mistake (as well as unnecessary overhead for them), because the 'upgrade' and 'logo' options didn't work.
I had to email Dena anyway (she sorted it out), so going directly is quicker anyway.

Just another Happy Customer....

Attached Thumbnails Check out these mats...-2013-03-05_09-21-18_654.jpg   Check out these mats...-2013-03-05_09-22-41_897.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

^ So that looks like a dark red in the pics.... Is it? ^

I emailed Dena about wanting "dark red", and she told me all she had was red. I was afraid it would be too bright, like an "insignia red" or" brilliant red", but your photo has me rethinking it if it is pretty dark colored.

Vince

Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts

Vince,
it's their 'Red', but its pretty dark - almost a Burgundy.
The rest of the mat is 'Praire' - kinda 'close-ish' to the factory Caramel.
And the quality of these is top-notch - I'm voting with my wallet and ordering for my Pilot SUV...

Jeremy

Old 03-06-2013, 05:39 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Default Red Logo

Originally Posted by CleverName
^ So that looks like a dark red in the pics.... Is it? ^

I emailed Dena about wanting "dark red", and she told me all she had was red. I was afraid it would be too bright, like an "insignia red" or" brilliant red", but your photo has me rethinking it if it is pretty dark colored.

Vince
I ordered a set through ebay because Dena requested I go through ebay for payment. I had to email Dena several times to clearify the coloring, binding material and binding color, and heel guard. I also mentioned I wanted black with a cranberry red logo (not fire engine red) with no heel guard. They have a "wine" color stitching on their color palette which I requested. Looks like the red in the picture is the wine color. It's good to hear all the favourable comments. I also ordered the binding in black because the only cranberry red color in my interior is the stitching and the wine binding would be too nominate.

If you go to the manufactures website it shows the color palette for the carpet and stitching. They have red and wine or burgundy or maroon. Here are the links to some of the colors they use. Hope this helps you.

http://www.averysfloormats.com/embro...olor_chart.jpg

http://www.averysfloormats.com/matop...atoption_5.jpg

I believe the below links are for a different line of mats but it should serve to help in color selection when ordering.

http://www.averysfloormats.com/touri.../touring_5.jpg

http://www.averysfloormats.com/grand...dtouring_6.jpg

Last edited by DGL; 03-07-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebeachatnight
Went with the matching ones with brown logo. They are perfect and look incredible. Here are some shots. Sprayed with scotch guard and waiting to put them in for good. They are thicker and have a bit of a dot pattern being so much thicker they won't show dirt near as much and look really rich. Thrilled.
Is that color the Prarie Tan or the Beige mats?

I've got an Indigo (dark blue) 2010 XK with camel interior...It's probably Tan or Tan..:-) Comments?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Mats arrived from Autoect. Very happy with them.

Attached Thumbnails Check out these mats...-image.jpg  
Old 03-14-2013, 01:17 PM

Pass side

Old 03-14-2013, 01:35 PM

One more

Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Love the contrast welting, I should have thought of it as I received my two sets of mats from them last evening. Black with silver logo and lettering for my silver XJ8, and Black with burgundy silver logo and lettering for my lt. burgundy (Carnival Red) XKR as seen below. The quality (I opted for the plush) seems very good although I thought I had ordered heel pads and they didn't arrive that way. Oh well, I can add my own in our upholstery shop if I decide I need them.

Attached Thumbnails Check out these mats...-dscf0962-800x600-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
CleverName (03-14-2013)
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by tberg
Love the contrast welting, I should have thought of it as I received my two sets of mats from them last evening. Black with silver logo and lettering for my silver XJ8, and Black with burgundy silver logo and lettering for my lt. burgundy (Carnival Red) XKR as seen below. The quality (I opted for the plush) seems very good although I thought I had ordered heel pads and they didn't arrive that way. Oh well, I can add my own in our upholstery shop if I decide I need them.
The red looks great! Mine came a little blacker than the stock upholstery. Did yours match?

Quick Reply: Check out these mats...