XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Check out these mats...

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
The quality (I opted for the plush) seems very good although I thought I had ordered heel pads and they didn't arrive that way. Oh well, I can add my own in our upholstery shop if I decide I need them.
I didnt' get the heel pads and my thought/preference is that they might detract from the feel when first stepping into the car. I try not to track mud into the car in the first place, and I clean the mats regularly enough. If they start looking worn I will just replace them.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Love the contrast welting, I should have thought of it as I received my two sets of mats from them last evening. Black with silver logo and lettering for my silver XJ8, and Black with burgundy silver logo and lettering for my lt. burgundy (Carnival Red) XKR as seen below. The quality (I opted for the plush) seems very good although I thought I had ordered heel pads and they didn't arrive that way. Oh well, I can add my own in our upholstery shop if I decide I need them.
Lol Love the Burgundy!
I was having trouble deciding between the "Red" or "Burgundy" color, so for the price, I ordered a set of each and will decide when I see them!
I was hoping they would arrive today, but no joy... maybe next week....

Like Muddydog, I also did not get the heal pad.... I was looking for a very subdued look, trying to keep "flash" to a minimum. From your pics they look great I can hardly wait to get them! Lucky for me my interior is black, so I am guaranteed a pretty good match.

Vince

Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Mine were also blacker than the surrounding carpeting, however, it doesn't bother me as they will fade slightly with time as well as it is so dark down there, you really don't notice. I think, technically, Jaguar calls the interior trim charcoal or dark charcoal (as opposed to black), but I thought it would be less noticeable as black than if the charcoal that was offered was a complete non-match. I didn't think of doing a contrast welt or I would have done it to provided a complete separation of the carpet to the mats. Maybe next set.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by CleverName
Lucky for me my interior is black, so I am guaranteed a pretty good match.

Vince
Cough....Cough.... yeah, right....
So..... I "thought" it was black.

Charcoal it is......... Arrrgh!

Now I wish I had done the borders to delineate the mat more.

Oh well....
Here are the red installed. I'll put up shots of the Burgundy this weekend.

Vince

Attached Thumbnails Check out these mats...-img_0567.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by CleverName; 03-20-2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

CleverName,
They look great! I'm sure the burgundy ones will look equally great, but I'm not sure they'll look much different. Maybe you can rotate them every other month.

The following users liked this post:
CleverName (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 10:21 PM
Veteran Member

Not feelin it yet, but I just tossed them in and took the shots. Won't see the car in daylight again till this Saturday to draw more thoughts...

Still bummed about the carpet difference....

Now thinking about calling a few auto upholstery shops and talking about dying the carpets black! May be too cost prohibitive, but I would be interested in knowing....

Yeash...

Old 03-22-2013, 11:01 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts
Default Color Selection

Originally Posted by Ajohnsonnefn
The red looks great! Mine came a little blacker than the stock upholstery. Did yours match?

Here is the link of the colors offered by Dena (I also posted this above):
http://www.averysfloormats.com/touri.../touring_5.jpg

The graphite looks to be the best match for the Jaguar Charcoal carpet color.

I ordered my mats in black. Dena sent me a tan set in error. Dena has promptly taken care of this and has since shipped me the black mats. After seeing the pictures of the black mats posted I wish I had ordered the graphite color. I'll wait to see how the black ones look; when I receive them and if they don't match up I'll order the graphite color carpet with black serging and maroon logo stitching. I hope the link helps in order color selection.

I think an offset colored serging looks good if the serging color is also a predominant color found in the seats. I was going to order the maroon red serging to match the stitching but decided against it because I thought it would look odd (no maroon red leather in my seats).

Last edited by DGL; 03-22-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Cough....Cough.... yeah, right....
So..... I "thought" it was black.

Charcoal it is......... Arrrgh!

Now I wish I had done the borders to delineate the mat more.

Oh well....
Here are the red installed. I'll put up shots of the Burgundy this weekend.

Vince
How did you make this mistake you are the type that waits and waits and after someone has taken the plunge and has made all the mistakes you jump in and get it right? Did you order a set of custom pedals?

Old 03-28-2013, 06:04 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Love the contrast welting, I should have thought of it as I received my two sets of mats from them last evening. Black with silver logo and lettering for my silver XJ8, and Black with burgundy silver logo and lettering for my lt. burgundy (Carnival Red) XKR as seen below. The quality (I opted for the plush) seems very good although I thought I had ordered heel pads and they didn't arrive that way. Oh well, I can add my own in our upholstery shop if I decide I need them.
Is the pictured mat black, graphite or charcoal? It looks too light to be black.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

For those interested in the "graphite" color, see the attached picture. I ordered the upgrade plush carpet in graphite, along with dark red stitching and serging.

I just got these at work, and I haven't had an opportunity to put them in my car yet, but the graphite appears that it might be a slightly better match than the Black. If anything, the black is too dark and the graphite might be a bit light. But hopefully the contrast serging will hide any major color differences.

Attached Thumbnails Check out these mats...-photo.jpg  
Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 PM

@BlackXKR Those look great! Maybe I need a backup set now...

Old 04-12-2013, 09:42 AM
Received 190 Likes on 88 Posts

They look fabulous! For my Vapour Gray exterior - Ivory & Blue Slate interior, I went with their Silver-Opal plush with Graphite logo & borders. They're perfect. They do such a great job and for the price, you just can't beat 'em. Those same two-tone mats with Jag logo etc. anywhere else would cost at least twice as much. Mine were $67.95 with free shipping!

Old 04-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Muddydog
@BlackXKR Those look great! Maybe I need a backup set now...
lol, exactly....
Now I'm thinkin I might need to consider set numer 3!

V

Old 05-28-2014, 01:26 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Thinking dark brown mats for caramel interior with caramel logo. The brown will match the wood and compliment the caramel color. Giving them an email.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackXKR
For those interested in the "graphite" color, see the attached picture. I ordered the upgrade plush carpet in graphite, along with dark red stitching and serging.

I just got these at work, and I haven't had an opportunity to put them in my car yet, but the graphite appears that it might be a slightly better match than the Black. If anything, the black is too dark and the graphite might be a bit light. But hopefully the contrast serging will hide any major color differences.
I must have missed it but where did you get these mats. It looks like what I am looking for.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I must have missed it but where did you get these mats. It looks like what I am looking for.
Email Dena,
auto_etc
at
yahoo.com

V

Old 05-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Email Dena,
auto_etc
at
yahoo.com

V
I just looked at their web site but there was no mention of being able to add the Jaguar and leaper logo. How does that get done?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

I just looked at their web site but there was no mention of being able to add the Jaguar and leaper logo. How does that get done?
She has a surger.... You just tell her the thread color

The following users liked this post:
MarcB (05-28-2014)
Old 05-28-2014, 10:41 PM

On one of the other floor-mat threads someone posted that autoetc wasn't doing logos anymore. This is disappointing cause mine are starting to wear a little.

I should have ordered a spare set. The fact that they're showing wear after 18 months isn't a great endorsement, but I overlook functionality for aesthetics every time I put on a tie in the morning, so I'm not complaining.

Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

What is the web site?

Quick Reply: Check out these mats...