XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Choosing extended warranty company

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 521 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by dishongphoto
I had premium Easy Care for my Acura. They were extremely "easy" to deal with. I did not have a deductible and they covered 100% of every issue I dealt with. Sadly my Jag has too many miles so I will be purchasing a Penn Gold warranty in spring. Any one have dealings with them?
Did you have to wait for authorization for all your repairs before work was done? Easy Care/Total Care is who the local Jaguar dealership recommended.

Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by bocatrip
Did you have to wait for authorization for all your repairs before work was done? Easy Care/Total Care is who the local Jaguar dealership recommended.
When I had my easy care total care warranty on my Porsche 996 turbo, there was one occasion when prior authorization was required (it was approved the following day), but the other 5-6 times did not require authorization.
Easy care is very popular in the Porsche community and it has a very good reputation

Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Octurbo
When I had my easy care total care warranty on my Porsche 996 turbo, there was one occasion when prior authorization was required (it was approved the following day), but the other 5-6 times did not require authorization.
Easy care is very popular in the Porsche community and it has a very good reputation
I tried to get a quote from the Easy Care site for Easy Care Total Care/Gold but the rep would not give me any info because he said the local dealers in my State sell it. I asked for a rough number without any luck. What do you pay for your policy if I may ask with what coverages and mileage on your Porsche. I know they are different cars, but it gives me an idea. Thanks.

Old 11-11-2013, 09:27 PM

I tried to get a quote from the Easy Care site for Easy Care Total Care/Gold but the rep would not give me any info because he said the local dealers in my State sell it. I asked for a rough number without any luck. What do you pay for your policy if I may ask with what coverages and mileage on your Porsche. I know they are different cars, but it gives me an idea. Thanks.
I also have an easy care total care warranty on my 2012 Xkr-s. I got it from the dealer when I bought my car new. It was $2900 for a 6yr/60k mi with $250 deductible. So, I get an extra 2 yrs/10k mi over my factory warranty. The price of the warranty tends to go up the older/more miles your car has on it-that's why I got it when my car was new

The following users liked this post:
bocatrip (11-11-2013)
Old 11-11-2013, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member

I also have an easy care total care warranty on my 2012 Xkr-s. I got it from the dealer when I bought my car new. It was $2900 for a 6yr/60k mi with $250 deductible. So, I get an extra 2 yrs/10k mi over my factory warranty. The price of the warranty tends to go up the older/more miles your car has on it-that's why I got it when my car was new
Thanks Octurbo. That seems helpful. Of Course a lower deductible of $50 will bring up the premium as well. The $250 deductible seems a little on the high side and could limit your visits if it's not a major issue. Do they cover the Nav?

Old 11-12-2013, 01:14 PM

Thanks Octurbo. That seems helpful. Of Course a lower deductible of $50 will bring up the premium as well. The $250 deductible seems a little on the high side and could limit your visits if it's not a major issue. Do they cover the Nav?
Yes, electronics are covered. Only wear and tear items and hoses are not. I figured almost everything on this car that needs repair will cost over $250, so I went with a higher deduct

Old 11-13-2013, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

If I'm correct on the math, that's either .29 per mile or $120 per month for that warranty. Ouch!

Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I must have lucked out on my Easy Care warranty. I paid 1500.00 for 10yr/100,000 no deductible, premium coverage. Car was 4 yrs old with 15,000 miles.

Old 11-13-2013, 12:42 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by dishongphoto
I must have lucked out on my Easy Care warranty. I paid 1500.00 for 10yr/100,000 no deductible, premium coverage. Car was 4 yrs old with 15,000 miles.
Where did you purchase your agreement? You mean you paid only $1500 for an additional 6 years of coverage past the factory warranty? What model and year Jaguar do you have? I've heard that the prices on Policies are competitive but they are regulated in Florida.

Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Where did you purchase your agreement? You mean you paid only $1500 for an additional 6 years of coverage past the factory warranty? What model and year Jaguar do you have? I've heard that the prices on Policies are competitive but they are regulated in Florida.
FYI:

Tried calling Easy Care today 1-800-230-2434 and receptionist was not very nice. Wanted all personal information VIN number of car etc. Would not let me speak with an agent unless I provided all personal data first. They were not willing to provide any quotes to a prospective customer without detailed personal data.

Easy Care has 4 levels of warranty from basic to advanced so the $1500 deal really depends on the coverage plan that you bought.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by chazaroo
If I'm correct on the math, that's either .29 per mile or $120 per month for that warranty. Ouch!
That may seem high, but if you have to use the warranty, it will reduce that. I actually came out ahead with my last easy care warranty (covered repairs cost more than I paid for the warranty).
In addition, if I end up selling my car when it's 5yrs old (my normal pattern), the warranty will have 1 more year/15k miles left on it. I will probably get $2-3 K more for my car if I sell it private party. People really like the peace of mind of buying a car still under warranty, especially when buying an expensive car

Old 11-13-2013, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
FYI:

Tried calling Easy Care today 1-800-230-2434 and receptionist was not very nice. Wanted all personal information VIN number of car etc. Would not let me speak with an agent unless I provided all personal data first. They were not willing to provide any quotes to a prospective customer without detailed personal data.

Easy Care has 4 levels of warranty from basic to advanced so the $1500 deal really depends on the coverage plan that you bought.
Easy Care does not want to sell directly to you if the dealership that will be servicing the car also sells it. In that case, you must go directly to that dealership to purchase the warranty.

Old 11-13-2013, 05:03 PM

Easy Care does not want to sell directly to you if the dealership that will be servicing the car also sells it. In that case, you must go directly to that dealership to purchase the warranty.
That is my understanding as well- easy care does not sell directly to the customer

Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

When speaking with a Financial rep for Easy Care, he mentioned that if the car is still under warranty, and you are planning on getting a policy, the car should have the oil changed 30 days prior to signing the policy and be inspected by Jaguar as well. The inspection is free. Is there something awaiting that I'm not aware of like having certain services required to be done before the car can get warrantied? I'm talking about a low mileage car here.

Last edited by bocatrip; 11-17-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:59 AM

When speaking with a Financial rep for Easy Care, he mentioned that if the car is still under warranty, and you are planning on getting a policy, the car should have the oil changed 30 days prior to signing the policy and be inspected by Jaguar as well. The inspection is free. Is there something awaiting that I'm not aware of like have certain services required to be done before the car can get warrantied? I'm talking about a low mileage car here.
I had to go through the same process for my Porsche- I had to get service and inspection, but I had to pay for it. I didn't need this for my jag because it was a new car. The inspection is essentially the same as the service, since the annual service has many checks of the car. Don't think it will be free for you unless it's time for your annual service that's covered by jag

Old 11-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Veteran Member

I had to go through the same process for my Porsche- I had to get service and inspection, but I had to pay for it. I didn't need this for my jag because it was a new car. The inspection is essentially the same as the service, since the annual service has many checks of the car. Don't think it will be free for you unless it's time for your annual service that's covered by jag
He said the inspection itself would be free. I'm still fairly certain I'm going the Easy Care route rather than a CPO car. I'm hearing some good feedback about easycare.