XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Cold shoulder from XKR owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Allz I am saying is that there should be a middle ground between cold shoulder and Broke Axle Mountain.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

Originally Posted by Leeper
And Harley's have the highest percentage of Chromosexuals
Alright, now that made me spit up my drink, funny!

Old 06-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by Tervuren
Actually, the Jeep has the highest % of homosexual drivers of any particular model. At least, it did several years ago. I'm not sure I can dig up the study again.
Volvo (outside of New England) is up there too.

Old 06-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Veteran Member

If they are hot lesbians I am supportive, Volvo or Jeep!

Old 06-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rfr66
I wanted to share this story with you. While I was stopped at a light on my way home from work today I see a black XKR start to pull up next to me. I'm thinking great we'll have a minute to compliment each others cars. Mind you I dont see XKRs on the road very often and this is the first time I was ever side by side with one. I look over to him to say hi and to my surprise he doesnt look over or acknowledge me at all. We both had our tops down too. When the light changes he just drives away easy. He got up ahead and started weaving in and out of traffic so I had to chase him a little. When I caught up at the next light same thing he wouldnt glance over. Whats your take on this? Is this normal behavior among cat owners? I normally ignore everyone else but I make an exception for fellow cat owners. At least when I pulled into the gas station a lady in a Honda told me to take good care of her car.
its like my neighboor who impose themselve with 5 dogs like if it was a gypsy familly, i talked around and people are telling me, some people never had anything before and when they have it, they are like this, it was probably not his car, or he never had a car before....

Old 06-02-2016, 01:06 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, the Jeep has the highest % of homosexual drivers of any particular model. At least, it did several years ago. I'm not sure I can dig up the study again.
Makes sense. If I wanted to play with boys in the mud, that's what I would get, no one would suspect a thing. It would be like me being welcomed to the women's shower- without surgery. No wonder Jeeps hold their value.
I had to pull one out of the ditch the other day (pic below).

BTW by that logic it would make a Jaguar the most hetro car out there.

Old 06-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member

That picture of the jeeps lined up next to each other at the bromance festival reminds me of an English saying. That would be 'as serious as a tree full of owls' were it Jaguars, as fur would fly.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:19 PM
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Makes sense. If I wanted to play with boys in the mud, that's what I would get, no one would suspect a thing. It would be like me being welcomed to the women's shower- without surgery. No wonder Jeeps hold their value.
I had to pull one out of the ditch the other day (pic below).

BTW by that logic it would make a Jaguar the most hetro car out there.

A Land Cruiser pulling a Jeep out of the snow will send the Jeepsters into
cardiac arrest. Nice job.

Can you tell I don't own an off-road 4 wheeler.

Old 06-02-2016, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,360 Likes on 3,174 Posts

I've not seen but ONE other X150 and I wasn't in mine when I did, but quite often I get a wave/honk from the numerous X100 owners around here.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Makes sense. If I wanted to play with boys in the mud, that's what I would get, no one would suspect a thing.
I don't care what other people do, to each there own. You are very worried about it though, whatever event from your past has made you this phobic must have been traumatic.

Back to the subject at hand, the Jaguar doesn't seem to be a big "wave at me" crowd from what I have seen and it isn't a bother for me!

Old 06-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 654 Likes on 478 Posts

I do find most modern cars are bought as appliances, you won't see quite the same enthusiasm from someone driving a car that is a generation or more older.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (06-02-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 02:06 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

back in the days when i still had a Citroen 2CV, every owner waved at each other.. but it might have been a sign of mutual respect for surviving in that car..

other people also waved, but then with their middle finger, their fists or swirling their car around the 2CV in an attempt to get a closer look, or run it off the road.....

Old 06-03-2016, 02:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,181 Likes on 1,621 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Funny, in all my years driving all of my Jags, I get more thumbs up from Bikers on Harley's than anyone. They get chatty if you're in Sturgis during bike week.

They also seem to be fans of Norton motorcycles.

An oddly specific acknowledgement and tolerance from a group not necessarily known for being tolerant of much.
Bikers are perhaps individualists by nature.

The Jaguar and Norton exhibit that individuality.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:15 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
Volvo (outside of New England) is up there too.
Actually, Jaguar is right up there as well.

In or out of New England.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:23 AM
Veteran Member

I do find most modern cars are bought as appliances, you won't see quite the same enthusiasm from someone driving a car that is a generation or more older.
On the other hand, I have never seen a thread highlighting exclusivity
as a characteristic of owning a particular make on forums devoted to
other makes.

However, on JF there have been more than a few. Including one moaning
about the loss of exclusivity if Jaguar were to introduce a 6 cylinder
version of, I think, the F-Type.

Certainly makes you go hmmmm...

especially when it is combined with a fascination for where to
display a parking sticker so that it does not make the vehicle
look more plebian. (thread posted today in the F-Type section)

Old 06-03-2016, 02:38 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by plums
On the other hand, I have never seen a thread highlighting exclusivity
as a characteristic of owning a particular make on forums devoted to
other makes.
You should have seen the (dutch) Nissan QashQai forum when it was introduced.. it was overwhelmed with new buyers and exiting owners but quickly died after the car became mainstream

Old 06-03-2016, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by plums
Actually, Jaguar is right up there as well.

In or out of New England.
An ode to good taste and flair!

Queen and Country (06-03-2016)
Old 06-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 695 Posts

That's what I see with my Corvette. Pass another with chrome bumpers and I get a wave for sure. C3s sometimes, C4 rarely, C5 and up, never. I don't wave first anymore because they just get this puzzled look as if "Am I supposed to know you from somewhere?" The death of the wave has been discussed on the Corvette forums as well. I've actually gotten a few waves from other x300-308 drivers which I never expected at all in a sedan, but I guess its an old car now.

Old 06-03-2016, 02:53 PM
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Sometimes I'm oblivious to a wave from anybody or slow in recognizing it. I try to wave back but I'm sometimes too slow. Nothing personal. I'm not intentionally dissing you.

However parked at a light like that, an intentional lack of acknowledgment does seem a bit...unusual.

But remember that everybody is different and some are just not comfortable interacting with strangers...regardless of what they wear, drive, eat, whatever..

Old 06-03-2016, 05:20 PM
Received 105 Likes on 65 Posts

Drove my Corvette for ten years and always waved at fellow Vette owners. I'd guess about 95% would wave back. In the 1 1/2 years of driving the Jag, not one XK8 owner has returned the wave.

When I drove the XJ12C fifteen years ago, every Jag owner would wave back.

I will keep waving....

What is "The Wave"? Please substitute the word "JAGUAR" for Corvette in the following article.

From the August/September 1969 issue of Corvette News
Ever since Corvette No. 00001 first met Corvette No. 00002 on the road, their drivers saluted each other with waves. Today, unfortunately, this grand and glorious tradition is wavering. WAVE WHEN YOU PASS ANOTHER CORVETTE!

There's one item of standard equipment that comes as a pleasant surprise to every new Corvette owner. It's an instant wave of recognition he or she receives when he meets one of their ilks on the road. The first time it happens, they will be taken by surprise. He immediately thinks: 1. He has been mistaken for Sterling Moss. 2. His lights are on. 3. He has just been given the bird.

Soon, however, the new Vette owner anticipates, indeed even relishes, encountering other Vettes as he drives. During this period, he experiments with his waves, running the gamut from the gaping "yoo hoo" to the ultra cool "two finger flip." He perfects his timing, making sure he affects neither a too-early wave, nor the jaded "oh brother" too-late variety. Determined not to be one upped, he even develops a defense mechanism for non wavers, usually settling on the "Wave"? My hand was just on the way to scratch my head" approach. (This is especially useful when you're not driving your Vette, but you forget, and like a dummy, you wave anyway.)

Indeed, one of the most perplexing problems facing a would-be waver is what to do when driving next to a fellow Vette owner. Passing him going in opposite directions is one thing. Greetings are exchanged, and that's that. But what happens when you pull up next to a guy at a light, wave, nod, smile and then pull up to him at the next light, a block later? Wave again? Nod bashfully? Grin self-consciously? Ignore him? Or take the chicken's way out and turn down the next side street? If you're expecting an answer, you won't find it here. Sad to say, some questions don't have any. SAVE THE WAVE!

Girl-type Corvette drivers also have a unique problem: to wave or not to wave. This miss or misses who borrows her man's Corvette for the first time is immediately faced with this quandary. Should she wave first and look overly friendly, or ignore the wave and look like a snob? Most ladies who drive their own Vettes prefer to suffer the latter rather than take a chance of being misread. For this reason, all girls are excused for occasionally failing to return a well-meaning wave. So are new owners who are still learning the ropes.

There is no excuse, however, for a guy who refuses to return the wave, not out of ignorance, but of arrogance or apathy. While this type of behavior is the exception to the rule, it seems a few owners of newer models refuse to recognize anything older than theirs, while some others simply won't wave, period. Boo on them. These ding-a-lings don't seem to realize that they are helping to squash a tradition that had its beginnings back when most of us were still driving tootsie toys.

Last edited by Scottsgreenjag; 06-03-2016 at 05:26 PM.
rfr66 (06-03-2016)

Quick Reply: Cold shoulder from XKR owner