XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Considering joining XKR club

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering joining XKR club

After lots of different cars - some nice, some vey nice, I'm drawn to the XKR. I know I may get a bias view here but I'm looking for pros and cons of ownership, particularly know/common problems and defects. Any help appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

DO IT!
I just bought a regular XK coupe and not even a XKR these cars are phenomenal and I am a die hard BMW fan.

Old 04-22-2016, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

The most gratifying purchase. A real bargain. Cross between a Rolls and a Lambo. Made for British roads. A real sleeper.

Look at attached pic. You are in Supercar territory. The rest are just fast sedans.

Attached Thumbnails Considering joining XKR club-lambo-vs-jag-xkr.jpg  
Old 04-22-2016, 03:55 PM
Received 198 Likes on 140 Posts

Do it Chris, I am really enjoying mine.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:01 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that the XKR's are right at the top of the class in terms of reliability for a car of this nature. Mine has been incredibly reliable for a 500+ horse power GTO car. The only thing I have had is to replace a battery and scheduled maintenance.

As far as looks go, this thing is as beautiful and classy as there is on the road. And don't kid yourself...this car is fast!!!!! Really fast!!!!! It is a sleeper too. I've absolutely left some pretty serious cars in the dust with the XKR. And if the stock version isn't fast enough, you can do some performance upgrades for pretty cheap to absolutely run in super car country.

If you want to have a car you can drive everyday and have a blast...this car is for you. Price wise on a quality used low mileage XKR I don't think there is a better performance deal on the planet. Possibly a used Corvette.....but as my wife said last week while we were driving with the top down, "I sure am glad we got the Jag....everyone around here has a Corvette. Gets kind of boring seeing them all."

Drive one and you will see.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by kyle191
I think that the XKR's are right at the top of the class in terms of reliability for a car of this nature. Mine has been incredibly reliable for a 500+ horse power GTO car. The only thing I have had is to replace a battery and scheduled maintenance.

As far as looks go, this thing is as beautiful and classy as there is on the road. And don't kid yourself...this car is fast!!!!! Really fast!!!!! It is a sleeper too. I've absolutely left some pretty serious cars in the dust with the XKR. And if the stock version isn't fast enough, you can do some performance upgrades for pretty cheap to absolutely run in super car country.

If you want to have a car you can drive everyday and have a blast...this car is for you. Price wise on a quality used low mileage XKR I don't think there is a better performance deal on the planet. Possibly a used Corvette.....but as my wife said last week while we were driving with the top down, "I sure am glad we got the Jag....everyone around here has a Corvette. Gets kind of boring seeing them all."

Drive one and you will see.
Pretty much the same boat in my area. Now that spring has hit it looks like the Corvette's are coming out of the garages. I see maybe 4-5 a day and mostly late models. As for XK there is only one other in the county and I have talked to him several times. He was disappointed when I got mine as he wanted to be exclusive , hahahhaha. My bride love to ride and drive the xkr .

Old 04-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Congratulations on your new purchase, well i'm going to get there first to wish you well, buy,buy,buy you'll not regret it, mine being one of the older cars a 2007 xkr still thrills and get's nice comments from the young to old. A few minor glitches from time to time but what car doesn't.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Received 2,627 Likes on 1,811 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisneill
...I'm looking for pros and cons of ownership, particularly know/common problems and defects...
Use the search function on this forum as this question has be discussed in several threads.