XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

convertable top problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2021, 09:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default convertable top problem

I started my problem with trying to open my convertable top. It disconnected and backed up a few inches but no further. I reversed and closed it, then tried again. It still would not continue to open. I then tried to shut it, but it wouldn't move forward or backward. I read on the forum to try to let the pump run for 1 and a half munites. this didn't work and I found fluid in the floorboard the following day. I assumed the main lift cylinder was leaking and sent all five cylinders out for repair. I installed the rebuilt culinders and had problems. the tonneau cover would lift but I had a leak on the drivers side lift cylinder(unseated O ring). I replaced the O ring and all looked good. the tonneau lifted, the top lifted, the toneau closed then I reversed the top all the way back into the down position and the tonneau latched. I then started to close the top and the tonneau opened, the rear top opened far enough for the tonneau to close and the back of the top closed onto the tonneau but the front of the top quit moving forward. Now the top is a few inches from closing to the windshield and will not move forward or backward.this is the original problem and I seem to be back where I started.If possible, Please give me a solution to move forward?? Best Regards, Don

Old 07-16-2021, 08:16 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Is the one-touch feature for the windows working? The windows have to be initialized for the top to operate properly. 1. Operate the window switch until the window is fully closed, continue to hold the switch in the closed position for 3 seconds. 2. Release the switch, and again hold in the closed position for 3 seconds. 3. Operate the switch to open the window and once the window is opened continue hold the switch for 3 seconds. 4. Release the switch. Again, hold the switch in the open position for 3 seconds. 5. Verify the one-touch window feature is operating properly. 6. Do this on both windows.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:44 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Donald Anthony Calhoun
I started my problem with trying to open my convertable top. .....
Don,

(I offer this as advice for you to make progress and not just as criticism.)

This is the THIRD thread you have started on the same topic of CONVERTIBLE TOP. The earlier ones were:

05-02-2021
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...atched-246107/

07-11-2021
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...atched-248768/

Simply starting another thread is not the best way to get members' attention and relevant advice on an issue. Problems are solved by:

1. posting a question
2. take note of suggestions in replies
3. try fixes
4. post results

If some advice worked then state what it was. If nothing helped resolve the issue, post the bad news in the same thread. Members will follow a thread that interests them or where they have specific knowledge and it can frequently be a process of elimination to find the right solution for a fault. Multiple threads often makes members think they've seen it before and they don't reply.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 07-17-2021 at 10:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (07-17-2021)
Old 07-17-2021, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 917 Posts

If you are not successful in solving your problem. Get in touch with thejaguarwrangler.com known on the Forum as White XKR or Steve Klonsky who in addition to be THE convertible top expert is a very nice guy. Suggest you pm him for his advice. Good luck! Oh, by the way, he is the inventor/purveyor of the one touch top unit. The best single aftermarket accessory you can add to your vert. Check it out on his website.